Sequel: Our Other World

Take Me To Another World

Will Everything Be Okay?

About an hour after we returned home, the pizza arrived. We sat at the table eating it. I so wanted to talk to him but I was scared. I didn't know what to say or what his reaction would be. I watched him stare at his plate. I knew he was still in disbelief, and I knew that there was nothing I could really say. I'd eaten one and a half slices, he'd eaten two. I still felt sick from the interview, so I couldn't really eat any more.

'Want any more?' I asked him. My voice was still shaking. I knew that he did have a temper, and he was the scariest of all One Direction as he had the loudest voice. I knew he wouldn't do anything though, so I wasn't really sure of why I was scared.
'No thanks. I'll go put it in the fridge, unless you want any more?,' he replied.
'Nah, I'm good thanks,' I said, trying to make eye-contact into those saddened emeralds. I heard him put it in the fridge, then I got up to help with the washing up.
'No, it's okay. I'll do it. You go and put your feet up or something. I'll be in in a minute.' I made to touch his hand, to try and comfort him, but he moved to turn on the taps before I could.
'Okay,' I said, as I wondered through the door and into the lounge. I turned on the TV, not willing to watch it. I walked into the hallway and dragged myself up the stairs. I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I put the seat down and sat on the seat of the toilet. I put my head in my heads and began to cry. I sobbed. At first over the newspaper, then over the interview then over Harry and the way we were acting. I stood up trying to steady myself. I walked over to the sink and leant on it to try to steady myself. I turned on the cold tap and washed my face to wash the tears away. I must have been in there a while, as soon Harry was knocking on the door.

'Tia? You in there? It's just, someone's on the phone for you,' he called through the door.
'Yeah, alright. Just a sec,' I replied. I looked in the mirror. You could tell that I'd been crying, but it's the best I could do for now. I unlocked the door, tried to smile at him as he looked away and took the phone. It was my mum.
'Hello?' I said.
'Tia? I've only just seen the interview. Harry looked distraught and-'
'I know how he looked mum. I'm here with him now. Well, not here, here. I'm upstairs and he's tiding the Kitchen and stuff,' I told her.
'Listen. Do you want me to call the papers? Tell them that the photo's are old? Try to clear things up?'
'No thanks. They'll just think that I've gone 'running to mummy' because I can't handle it on my own. When I clear everything up with Harry, I'll be able to handle it. I just need to talk to him.'
'Do you want me to?'
'No. It needs to come from me. He might be able to trust me more if I tell him myself. I'll talk to you soon. Bye, mum, love you,' I said.
'Bye, sweetie. Love you. Hope everything goes alright.'

I hung up the receiver. I went down stairs and put it back on the stand. Harry was sitting at the table in the kitchen with his head in his hands. When he heard me walk in the room, he swiftly looked up.
'I made you a tea. We're all out of coffee,' he pointed out.
'Thanks,' I said, sipping it. 'Tastes nice.'
'Thanks,' he said. I sat down next to him and put it on the table. I looked at him and caught his eyes flicking away from me. His hands were on the table beside his tea. I reached for his hand and he sat there watching it. He pulled away after a few seconds. I sighed and leant back in th chair.

'I'm sorry,' I said. 'I...I should have said all this earlier. But this is what I wanted to talk to you about earlier, when you were so busy. This fan came up to me, showed me the paper and I was just as shocked as you were...are! We argued a bit and then I just stood there. I showed Niall when he came out about ten minutes before you and he said that if anyone showed you he'd tell you I needed to talk to you and then the interviewer told you and...' I broke off. Tears were filling in my eyes again. I tried to blink them out again. He was watching me. I looked at him. He looked as if he was about to cry as well, but I knew he wouldn't. He nodded. I knew he still felt bad. I looked up at the clock. It was nine 'o' clock already. I was tired. I supposed it was from the shock of the days events. I loved Harry so much, and this was killing me. I finished my tea in the awkward silence. I never told him what I wanted to, I couldn't do it. I stood up.

'I think I'm going to go to bed. I'll see you in the morning.'I thought of giving him a kiss on the cheek, but decided then was not the time. I patted him on the shoulder and went back out of the room and up to bed. I changed into my pyjamas, brushed my teeth and did my nightly routine. I lay in bed in the cool, crisp bed sheets. I turned over onto my side and lay there in the dark and silence.

It must have been about two hours later before Harry came up. He climbed into bed and leant over me. He gave me a soft kiss on the cheek. A part of me was being torn apart when he did this, but one part of me felt so much better. I lay there listening to his heavy breathing. After what seemed like an age I finally fell into an uneasy sleep.

I woke up to find, once more that Harry wasn't there. He was never up before me. Apart from the other day, when he'd made breakfast. But on a day like today, it was very unusual. I crept down the stairs and found a little note on the door.

'Just gone out for a bit. Be back in a little while. I'll get some more coffee while I'm out. Harry x'

Was he feeling better? I wasn't feeling as upset as I was the previous night, but I was still absolutely sick with guilt. I got a drink of Orange juice and wandered back up stairs. I jumped in the shower and washed my hair. I dressed in my shorts, t-shirt and summer jacket. I dried my hair and straightened it. I did some of my make-up in the bathroom mirror. I walked into the hallway to get on my shoes and get my bag. I opened the door and almost walked into Harry, who seemed to have been fumbling with the key at the door.
'Ooh! Sorry Harry!' I panted as he stopped me from tripping.
'It's okay. Where were you going?' he asked.
'To find you! I found your note,' just wanted to find you,' I said. I looked down at his hands and saw the paper in there. There was us standing outside the car coming out of the interview looking as if something wasn't right. Obviously something hadn't been right. Harry had just seen an article that was made to tear us apart.
'Oh not another one!' I fired out.
'Oh, right, yeah. Um, I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk? I wanted to talk to you about last night,' he stuttered.
'Oh, right. Okay then. Want to put the bag in the door? We could go then.'

He threw the bag in the door and closed it behind him. We strolled down the street.
'Sorry about not talking properly last night. I should have spoken to you about it. I shouldn't have been all touchy like that,' he said.
'No, I'm sorry. I was trying to talk to you about that earlier in the day but you had no time. I swear, those photo's are so old. Yes, I saw him last time I went home, but there were about seven others there as well and no photo's were taken. And you know that I was planning to go back soon but it wasn't to see him. It was just too see my family again. I won't go if you don't want me too. I completely understand. I know you read all the articles, but you know it's not true, don't you?' I was tripping over my own words.
'Yeah, I know. And don't be stupid. You can go home as much as you want. Next time, could you tell me what you're doing just so that I don't look like this on live TV and make it seem like you really are having an affair?' He unfolded the paper to show a picture of him on the sofa staring blankly at the screen, looking in a severe state of shock. I looked up at him and smiled. He smiled down at me. I felt like it was going to be okay. He opened his arms and I stepped closer to him. I nestled my face into his chest as he did the same in my hair. I opened my eyes and saw some on-lookers looking at me in disgust. I pulled away from him and looked at the ground. He took my hand in his shaking one. Seeing his hand shake showed me that not everything was alright, but I'd just have to put up with it for now. I just had to hope that nothing got worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this isn't a very good chapter. Things will get better in the end, but you need to get through the rubbish to get to the good parts. Keep the comments coming! :)