‹ Prequel: Her Eternal Soul
Sequel: Pandemonium

Beasts

Conceived Sorrow

-Ai-


Kixx,

Several months have passed, and I have been living under the same roof as a fallen angel, demon, reaper, and incubus. Shinya is the reaper, and Kaoru the incubus. I haven’t had any more run-ins with them, thankfully. The two hardly make themselves known around the house. Kyo tells me it is because they are night owls that they cannot walk in day. But I think Kyo is isolating me from them, for my own safety. He seems to be the alpha of the horde.

Kyo, Die, and I have grown closer, especially Kyo and myself. I fear that Die may be growing jealous. He whines a lot, but I don’t mind. His complaints always make me smile and laugh, and he’s done a lot to make sure I feel at home here. He finally moved out of the tower, so I have my own room now. It is nice to be able to roll around in a bed I can call my own…not that he leaves me alone for long.

Kyo has been very kind to me. When Die is gone, we spend hours by the pond fishing; Although, I won’t touch the fish. He threw me in the pond once! I almost drown! Luckily, Shinya was nearby and pulled the two of us out (Kyo jumped in after me, but quickly sank to the bottom, forgetting that he too cannot swim). He scolded us for our stupidity. Sometimes we sneak out above ground at night. We lie in the field and watch the stars. Kyo tells me stories of his past until I fall asleep. Sometimes he sings to me. He has a beautiful voice. I fear that my heart is growing fond of him.

I miss you. I feel guilty about the way things ended. I would have loved to remain friends with you, but as it turns out I’ve disappeared off the face of the Earth. I hope you haven’t worried over me. I hope you are well. I miss falling asleep to your face…


I had to stop writing. Tears fell down my face, plopping onto the paper and smearing the ink.

“Dammit.” I sniff, wiping my eyes, “Dammit, dammit, dammit!” I cry out, crumpling the paper and throwing it into a growing pile of unsent letters. Sometimes, I wish I had disappeared off the face of the Earth.

-Die-


“Kyo, does Ai seem sad to you lately?” I question the man as he tears into a raw, bloody steak. His food preferences send my stomach into knots.

“Why do you ask?” He mutters, sharp teeth snapping like a dog, eyes gleaming red with hunger. I turned away, suddenly queasy.

“She’s been cooped up in her room all week!” I groaned pacing throughout the room.

“Well it’s that time of the month, and you don’t want her walking around in a house full of blood crazed demons do you?” He rolls his eyes, biting off another large chunk.

“You guys are so gross!” I complain, trying desperately to shake the thought from mind.

“You asked!” He retaliates.

“Do you think she’s homesick?” The more I thought about it, the more sense it made. But could it really be so simple?

“I’m a demon Die, not a fortune teller!” He snaps, “Let me eat my damn meal before I tear your head off!” He growls losing his temper for a moment. The telltale dark smog surrounds his body, and I back away cautiously. When he gets a taste of blood, his head spins.

“Sorry. I’ll come back later.” I recoil, shrinking back into the hall.

“…She misses someone.” Kyo utters before I’m out of earshot. I nod in gratitude, heading to Ai’s tower.

“Good morning beautiful!” I smile seeing her tiny face poke out from beneath the covers.

“Die!” She grins ear to ear. I love her smile, it’s intoxicating. I hurry to her side, swooping into bed beside her.

“How would you like to make a deal with me?” I offer. She twists her eyebrows, intrigued.

“Depends on what I lose out on.” She replies. I kick the covers aside, stealing her in my arms, wrapping my wings around the both of us.

“A kiss.” I tease as she rolls her eyes, curling into my chest.

“I’m listening.”

“How would you like to go home for a bit?” I ask. She looks to me with her large blue eyes; her pink lips open in shock.

“Are you being serious?” She stutters; a dimple sneaking into her cheeks as her smile broadens. I can’t help but grin as well. Like I said, she was a contagion.

“I’ll send you home for one week as long as you promise to return.” I offer, “If you don’t come back, I’m going to be so heartbroken I may die.” I tease, pouting playfully.

“Oh my god Die! You’re serious right now?! Really?!!!” She squawks, her arms flying around my neck to squeeze me with so much force that a normal person’s neck would have snapped. I chuckle wrapping my arms around her tiny waist, enjoying the feeling of her body pressed to mine. “Die you are absolutely the best!” She squeals happily, tears of joy running down her face.

“I didn’t know you were so unhappy here.” I tease as she punches my chest.

“You know that’s not how it is.” She sniffles, wiping her face clean. She looks up to me, quickly pressing her lips to my cheek.

“If that’s all it took to get a kiss out of you, I would have sent you home ages ago!” I laughed. It’s hard not to around her.

XOXOXOX


“So you’re really leaving?” Kyo asks, his voice tinged with sadness. We were outside, above ground. The moon was enormous tonight, making everything blue and grey.

“I’ll be back,” I smile, trying to cheer him up, “I don’t have very much waiting for me out there.” I shrug.

“What did you leave behind?” He questions turning to me. “We never talk about you.” I sigh, it’s not a topic I enjoy discussing.

“I didn’t leave very much behind.” I shrug, “I don’t have a family or friends.” I pause, biting my lip. He nudges my side, urging me to continue. “My parents were druggies, so I bounced throughout the foster care system throughout most of my life. I never had the chance to stay at a single school for long, and I was always the ‘weird new girl.’” I sighed, “I didn’t go on to college. My grades were below average,” I explain, “I worked countless jobs and eventually got my own place, but I never made any friends. I was always so busy. I guess I’m a loner.” I frown, hugging my knees.

“Then why do you want to go back?”

“Well, I guess I’ve lied. I have one friend.” I smile at the thought, “Or had one anyway. I feel guilty about the way we parted.” I shrug, “I’d like to apologize to her. See her face to face one last time.”

“Tell me about it.” He nearly demands, interest evident in his shining eyes. The red flecks in his eyes were the only things visible in the night sky. I was hesitant to reveal such information, but I owe it to him.

“I broke up with her.” I grimace. Kyo looked surprised by this. “A person is a person,” I smile, “I loved her, like no one else.” I explain, my heart thrumming as the words escaped my lips, “But she was unhappy with me. She deserved to be with someone who could make her happy.” Kyo looks to me, furrowing his brows in doubt.

“You’re the happiest person I’ve ever met, Ai.” He interrupts. I can’t help smiling.

“I’ve never known how to communicate with people, and I never had the time to devote to her like she wanted. She fought with me, telling me she didn’t believe anyone could be that busy. She thought I was cheating on her, but really, she was the only person I knew.” I explain, “I wasn’t meant to be with her. There was someone else that was supposed to be in the big picture with her. That someone wasn’t me; that much was clear. So, I ended things.” I scowl. “But that doesn’t mean she isn’t in my heart.” I clutch my chest. I could feel the weight of a burdensome secret lifting off my shoulders. I could breathe easier, now that everything was out in the open.

“You and I are both tortured souls.” He chuckles. I feel him come up behind me, encircling his arms around me. He was warm, and made my cheeks flare up. I couldn’t help smiling, leaning back into his welcoming chest. “I want to give you something before you leave.” He whispers, resting his chin on my shoulder. “You have to promise to take care of it though.” His voice was low and hesitant, afraid I would say no.

“Of course.” I breathe, surprised by the offer.

“Let me see your arm. The left one.” I do as he asks. Shivering as he tenderly runs his fingers down the inside of my forearm. Goosebumps raise on my skin at his gentle touch. He presses his thumb into my wrist, his other arm clutching my waist tightly. Marks swirl on his skin beneath a dark haze. Black mist encircles us, spiraling and spinning. I notice the tattoo on his thumb slowly disappearing as he moves the appendage away. The mark that was once on him now rests on my own wrist, squirming and bouncing. I feel a weight hit my heart; it was lonely and angry, but a glimmer of hope danced about the emotions.

“What is this feeling?” I whisper, clutching my chest. He moves his hands to my own, weaving our fingers together.

“This is my soul.” He whispers into my neck. His cool breath tickled as he held me tighter. I stared at the dark marking now on my skin; amused by the way it spins and twirls.

“Then, what I feel right now, is you?” I smile at the thought. He nods, hiding his face in my hair. I could feel heat flaring in my heart. “You’re happy.” I grin, running my fingers along the ink. I can feel his lips turn into a smile on my neck, and I close my eyes, not willing to miss a minute of this. My heart felt as though it was full and floating, and his beat along with mine. I knew every minute away from him would leave us both with heartache.

-Kixx-


“Why won’t you just turn me?!” I snap, for the millionth time. I couldn’t believe we were still having this conversation.

“Just leave it alone Kixx! It’s not happening!” He retorts, eyes black with rage. I clench my teeth together, hissing from my nose. I wasn’t about to give in. He couldn’t say no. I won’t let that happen. We need this…I need this.

“You said you wanted to be with me forever, well here’s your chance!” I bargain, narrowing my eyes.

“I’m not so sure that’s what I want anymore.” He growls, turning his back on me and disappearing into our bedroom. His words are like a slap in the face, making my heart sink.

Is he having second thoughts? I don’t understand why he won’t just do it. It would make me happy. I don’t care about the thirst; everything else counterbalances it. I love him, and I thought he loved me. How can he not? I’m willing to give up everything for him!

If he won’t do it, then I’ll take matters into my own hands. That will show him. We can be together forever. We could have everything we ever wanted. I could have everything I want. How much better could it get? Suddenly, I hear a knock at the door. Who would be awake at this hour? Swinging it open, I’m shocked to find her standing in front of me. H-how could this have happened? She shouldn’t be here, not at my door grinning like a fool.

“Ai?” I stutter. After all, what else could I say? She is supposed to be dead.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all, xoxdiebearxox here! Only two to three chapters left for Beasts!!!

Check out my blog: I could really use some help! Here are some topics to let me know what you think:


1. How is the story line: Anything confusing you?
2. What are your thoughts on Kixx and Toshiya: Should he turn her?
3. Who should Ai end up with: Die or Kyo?
4. Thoughts on a sequel: Yes, no?

Leave me a comment detailing your thoughts! Thank you!

Beasts Blog-I need help!