Cheveyo

Chapter 1

(Hey guys, I'm going to try to make a dream I had come to life. I didn't dream every detail of all of this but they story line is straight from my unconscious thoughts. Please, please, please tell me what you think!!!! )

The night air nipped my skin as I ran through a field of tall grass. The moon reflected off of the river nearby. The air smelled like the fresh river water and I could hear the stir of animals as I ran past them. I am tired and cold, the only thing that covers my body is a small dress made of animal skin and tribal paint. My feet are bare and they hurt, but I can't stop running. I'm looking for someone. I don't know who he is but I know he's the most important thing in my life.

I tripped over my feet and fell. "Aah!" I yelled as I twisted my ankle. I ignore the pain and get up, I can't give up on him. I have to find him. My pace has slowed much more because of my ankle. I can no longer run so I have to limp my way through as fast as I can.

I reach the edge of the woods and stop. I'm looking around frantically, searching. I hop into the woods and I begin to scream. "Cheveyo! Ha tlv no?! Ha tlv no?!" (Where? Where?) I don't know what the words mean but I scream them over and over. I hear something and I fall silent to listen.

"A ha ni!" (Here!) I hear in the distance. " Catori, a ha ni!" (Here!) I assume Catori is my name so I run to voice that calls. I reach a small clearing on the other side of the trees. I see him laying against a large rock.There are two arrows sticking out of his chest. The moon showed the sweat and blood that ran off of his body. His usually tan skin was much paler.

His makeup is smeared and his long black hair is in tangles. He is dressed in the same material as me but he wore pants. They are torn and his legs are cut. He also had a deep gash across his ribs. His strong face was puffy and bruised.

"Cheveyo?" I said with tears in my eyes. I feel like my insides are being crushed as I watch the man love die. I don't know who he is or what he means, I just know I love him.

"Catori, ga lu tsv." (Come.) He said smiling. You can see his perfect white teeth and for some strange reason he looks happy. I walk over to him and knee beside his shivering body. I can see just how much blood he has lost and I need to help him. I reach up to grab one of the arrows. If I can get them out he may have a chance.

"A le wi s do di!" (Stop!) He said grabbing my hand.

"Ga do no?" (Why?) I asked. I can help him. I have to try, I can't let him leave me. He grabbed me and pulled me to him. His eyes brown eyes are dull and almost lifeless, but the showed love and affection. They showed protection and loyalty, and they also showed sadness and distress.

He wrapped his hand around the back of my neck. I felt like a fire had been ignited and his touch gave me goosebumps. "A ga ti di s di, a le a yv gv yo i da ne ha, i go hi dv, gv ge yu i." (Wait and I assure you eternal love.) I shook my head furiously.

"Ho wa tsu!" (Please!) I begged. "E do a!" (Stay!) He smiled and pulled my lips to his. I tried to pull away but he held me to him. His lips sent an indescribable sensation through my body. It is like flying, or being a feather drifting through the air. He tangled his fingers in my hair and kissed me with so much love I could feel it pulsating through me.

His lips are so sweet and soft. He tastes like strength and love. If those two words had a taste, it would taste like him. I can taste his blood in my mouth but I don't care. I just want to be with him in this moment forever. I don't want this to end.

When he finally pulled away we were both breathless. I could see his life slipping away as the seconds passed. "Ale ni da s di." (Live.) He said with a weak smile.

"Tla yu da lu la, nu tlo ya s dv na, tsv sa." (Cannot possibly without yourself.)

"V v." (Yes.) He nodded. "Atsi lv quo di A yv, A le tsv ti go hi, i yu quu ni ga li s ta nv." (Honor me and you will see at some time.) He pecked my lips again. "A na gi s di." (Go.)

"Wi ni du yu go dv na!" (No way!) I said hugging him tightly. He pulled me away from him and brushed a few strands of jet black hair from my face. His fingers have gone cold and the feeling gave me goosebumps.

"Na hi yu tsi ge se s di, Tsu de ti yv da, O ni u wa gu di di sv," (By this time, years afterwards,) He breathed shallowly. "Tsi ga ta ha, A se i, V ga lu tsv." (I shall return.) His eyes started to close drift closed. I shook his body in my hands.

"Cheveyo?" I cried fresh new tears as I tried to wake him. "U ye tsv gi! U ye tsv gi!" (Awake! Awake!) I yelled smacking his face a bit. His eyes parted just a bit.

"Shhh." He whispered. "A hi ya s di, ni hi, Na s gi na i, Hi la go i yu, A yv, Ga lu tsv Ga so hi, Na s gi na i." (Save your tears for when I come back for you.)

"A yv Gv ge yu i Ni hi, Cheveyo." (I love you.) I whispered softly to him. There is no point in me fighting any longer. I know he will not survive.

He gave me one last weak smile. "A yv Gv ge yu i Ni hi, Catori." (I love you.) His eyes started to close again. "A ga ti di s di, Na s gi na i, A yv." (Wait for me.) He whispered before His body went limp in my arms.

"Cheveyo!" I screamed. "Ho wa tsu U ye tsv gi!" (Please awake!) I shook him hard. I know he is gone, the love of my life died in my arms and I couldn't do anything to save him. I wrapped my arms around his lifeless body and cried. I cried until I felt myself being pulled away from him.

"Tla! Tla! Tla!" (No! No! No!) I screamed trying to hold on to his body. "A yv tla ye li A da nv s di! (I wont leave!) I was pulled away from the man and I was engulfed in total darkness. "Cheveyo!" I yelled as my eyes popped upon and I was sitting up in my bed. There is sweat pouring from me and my heart is beating erratically.

It was all just a dream. I'd be fine if this wasn't the first time I've had this dream. I've had this reoccurring nightmare every night since I was little. It always happened the same way except when I had the dream as I child, we were both children also. As I grew up, so did the people in the dream.

It would be a lot easier if it didn't mean so much. I've fallen in love with the man in my dreams. Cheveyo is his name. I don't know who is or if he even exists. I just know that he has been in head constantly since I was four years old. The strangest thing about the dream is when I wake up, I can smell him on my clothes. I don't know if its my imagination or what but I smell it every time.

I wake up in the mornings thinking of him and I fall asleep doing the same. I don't even try to avoid sleeping anymore. At first I was afraid to sleep but as I had the dream more and more I anticipated seeing his face, even if it just moments before he died. I love him like he's a real person.

I've never had a boyfriend because of him. Even if he isn't a real person, I still wait for him just like he asked. I know its crazy. Who falls in love with someone from their imagination? Crazy people. I haven't told my parents about my dreams, the only person I've told is my best friend Sara.

I climbed out of bed and tried to push his gorgeous tanned face out of my head. Even past the cuts and bruises, I know he is gorgeous. He is obviously Native American but the dream is set in a time before other settlers came. From the arrows that hung from his chest, it seemed as if he were some type of fighter or a warrior.

Maybe a shower will help. I grabbed a towel and headed for the bathroom. My dad isn't home, like always. He's always working and I only see him once or twice a month. You may as well say I've been taking care of myself since mom died.

I feel like a terrible person every time I think about her. When she died, I didn't even cry. It's not that I didn't love her, it's just that I couldn't find any tears. I feel bad because every night I cry for a person who doesn't even exist.

The shower didn't help much, so I decided I may as well get ready for school. Usually that takes my mind off of him for at least a few minutes out of the day. When I'm constantly thinking about him I can't get anything done. Maybe Sara can help me. I grabbed my backpack and made sure I had everything. I took the keys off of the kitchen counter and headed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
( I hope this story is making a little sense. I had to piece together the Cherokee words to make sentences or phrases. So it may be confusing. It was hard... I hope it seems interesting and I'd like to get at least one comment on whether I should continue. Remember this is just me putting my dreams on paper. If it sucks just let me know please!!!)