Black Dagger Brotherhood-Lovers Found

Chapter 3

*present**Rogue*

We bolted through the hallway, my arm grabbing for Poise. "Hurry." I said, looking back to make sure she was okay. A cut was still on her forehead but besides that and her panting, she was fine.

"Rogue!" she warned. I spun around at her words but was too slow. I freight-trained into a male, his sturdy chest stopping me as his arms clamped tightly around my waist. I gasped, struggling against his hold, bruises from the other night screaming in protest.

"No one told me we were playing tag." he said smartly. His chest seemed to be glowing a light tint of gold that almost could have gone unnoticed. Letting me go, I back up to stare up into his amused face, blond hair falling in his eyes.

I was pissed; he blocked my escape and put Poise in danger. I growled. "You're it." I said and swung. He did not expect it so I had a clear shot at his face. My fist connected with the side of his head, my knuckles taking in most of the impact. He didn't budge though. His eyes narrowed hard onto my face. I braced myself for a returning hit but nothing happened. Everyone in the hall went silent.

Then a deep chuckle erupted. It was like a chain reaction, one laugh turned into two until the only ones not laughing were Poise and me. Each strong built male laughed, grins of approval twisted on their lips. "She said you're it." one male with blond hair and movie star looks said with a booming laugh.

"Girl did what we wanted to do a long time ago." the one who yelled stop spoke up, standing out from the crowd, his wraparounds blocking our view of his eyes.

"Now that's a female of worth."

"Just like how you are, peaches?" one with a Boston cap asked the tattooed male.

"I'll kill ya." he said back with a grin.

"Girl punches like a man." the gold male retorted, rubbing the side of his face, a small smile twitching at the corner of his lips.

"Lassiter, meet our female warriors. Try not to piss them off too." the male in the wraparounds said. He looked like he ran the show.

Warriors? Poise and I shared a look, having the same questions. Who were these guys, and what was up with the leather? Or maybe the last question was mine.

"Alright stop, let's rewind this." I said, looking at the men surrounding us, their grins still not fading as I spoke. "Explain yourselves." I ordered to no one in particular.

Again, like I expected, the long-haired male with the wraparounds spoke up. A golden retriever was at his side, its big brown eyes looking at us like it wanted to play. "We are the Black Dagger Brotherhood. We protect our race against evil. Those men you fought in the alley? They're lessers and they're our enemy."

"Lessers." I said, trying to confirm I was listening right.

"Yeah. Well, long story short, since I'm missing quality time with my female, we're vampires, you're vampires, fuck, you're the first female warriors in history of this race." he said with a proud ass grin. He looked tickled pink to have women on his 'team'. "And we would love it if you stayed her and fought with us. Of course after some training." he added.

I felt faint. For the first time in years I belonged to something and it made sense. We were vampires? It didn't matter; Poise and I were meant to be somewhere, meant to be here! No more running around alone. We had others just like us.

"Rogue." Poise spoke, causing me to blink away my thoughts. I looked down at her. She was blank, thinking about what information was fed to us so quickly.

"Where the fuck is my room then?" I asked with a smirk, still keeping my eyes on Poison.

The men chuckled, including the one I punched. "Good, very good." the main male said, crossing his guns for arms over his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
In the notebook, Rogue just has a long running, continuous fanfiction so I'm breaking it into chapters by each time it switches P.O.V. One or two chapters may have a couple p.o.vs together but that's because what's happening involves the same person at the same time. You'll see what I mean in the next chapter, which is my most favorite part to reread!