Status: It's in a stage..

Love at Highland College

Chapter 2

Right after orientation was over, me and Maddy walked back to our car. Just as we got to it, I heard somebody say, "Hey, what's your name?" I turned around and saw the pale shaggy haired boy that Maddy was eye-fucking. He obviously was eye-fucking her too, because they both started talking. I smiled and turned back around only to see the hazel eyes cutie from orientation, leaning against our car. He smiled and said, "Hi. My name's Frank. What's yours?"
"Uh, uh, uh, Luna? Yea that's it." I mustv'e sounded so stupid. I looked at Maddy and she was trying not to laugh at me.
"Luna? That's a very nice name. What are you doing right now?"
"Well, we have to go unpack all of our shit at our apartment. That's kind of our first priority."
"Do you guys need a couple of strong men to help?" the shaggy boy, whose name was Wil, politely offered.
"Oh no," Maddy started. "We don't want to upset any plans you guys have made to help us."
"No, that be totally fine," Wil said. "Is it alright with you, Frank?"
"Perfectly fine with me." Frank said with a really cute smile.
"Well, alright then!" Me and Maddy yelled at the same time, getting laughs from the boys and weird stares from passerby.
"Well," Maddy said. "You guys got your own ride? Cause if not, your both going to have to get really close." She laughed.
"Shit! I walked." Wil said.
"So did I." Frank replied.
"Well, come on boys." I laughed as I opened the back passenger door."Your chariot awaits."
"And don't fuck up our posters!" Maddy yelled.
"Sir, yes sir!" They both yelled. Me and Maddy laughed. We got into the car and headed off to our new sleep space. Nikkie was driving and I was looking through our CDs when all of a sudden, Maddy yelled, "April 11!"
"You got it!" I yelled andput in her favorite The Bunny The Bear CD and turned it to her favorite song. She started singing with these intense vocals that could make the flowers glow. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the boys in disbelief. You never would have expected that a little emo girl like my cousin, Maddy, could sing as good as any famous singer. We wanted to be famous. It had always been a dream of ours since we were very young. She was determioned, and when Maddy wanted something, she worked her ass off to get it.
"You sure can sing." Wil told her. She laughed.
"You should hear my cousin. She has a voice of intense beautiful murder. She can scream." I punched Maddy's shoulder, which caused her to swerve and almost hit an old lady.
"Aww, what's the matter, homo? Embarrassed?" Before I could say anything she told me to grab the wheel and then suddenly dived for the CDs. I already knew which one she was going for.
"Come on, homo. Not that song, please!" I didn't want to sing. I was embarrassed. A really cute slab of Grade A boyfriend material was sitting in the backseat. Maddy wasn't nervous at all, so I decided to just do it, just this once. She put the CD in and all I heard was Eyes Set To Kill's Young Blood Spills Tonight. "Ok homo." I said. "I give up. I'll sing."
"You never had any other choice." She laughed. The song started and Maddy sang more beautifully than I have ever heard her sing. I heard Wil gasp in the back. Maddy must have heard him too, but once she starts to sing, that's all she can think of. My part was coming up. I screamed better than I have ever screamed before. I felt Frank lean up in his cramped seat to listen even better. Me and my cousin must have given our best performance ever. And it ended just as we arrived at our humble abode. Our apartment wasn't huge and it wasn't small, either. It was just perfect for the two of us. We each had our own room along with our own bathroom and a decent sized living room and kitchen. While Maddy helped the guys unload the car, I went ahead and checked the place out, to make sure it was in tip top shape.
"Well, we're home." I said.
"Finally! I can't wait to start school. I couldn't stand working those pathetic dead end jobs." Maddy said as she walked into the house, carrying nothing but the CDs, while the guys struggled with everything else. Typical Maddy to carry only the important stuff.
"So," Frank said, as he set our shit down in the living room. "what's going where?"
"Yea," Wil said as he did the same. "All this stuff looks the same."
"Oh, don't worry about that. Me and Maddy can sort it out." I started to go through the pile with Maddy, when I noticed the guys started going through shit also, asking us what was whos. I laughed and let them help. It made us get done alot faster, than anticipated. When we were done, we decided to go out to eat. I decided to let Wil have shotgun since Maddy was driving. Frank looked like he wanted to cuddle anyways. Maddy and Wil had great duet potential. It was interesting to see the look on Wil's face when she would sing her melodies. While they did their thing, I got to know Frank a little better. "So," I started. "What are you going to school for?"
"Sound tech, but I want to be famous, ya know?"
"Yea, us too. Obviously."
"I think you two can make it." He said seriously. "You both have amazing talent and determination. I think you guys could conquer the world if you wanted." I smiled.
"Thanks Frank. That's really nice of you." We got to Pizza Hut and as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, Wil and Maddy hopped out of the car and randomly started dancing. They barely met and they were already conected. I felt something with Frank, like invisible strings were bounding us. I just didn't want to scare Frank away. Frank looked at them with a smile.
"Is your cousin always like that?" He asked.
"Unfortunatly yes." I answered. He laughed as we all walked in together. When we got into the booth, we ordered two of the largest pizzas they had, mushrooms and hamburger for Maddy and Wil, pepperoni for me and Frank. During our meal, the boys told us about the bands they were in.
"I play guitar and back up vocals for a band called My Chemical Romance, back up in New Jersey." Frank said before sipping his soda.
"And I sing and do a little guitar for my band Aiden, up in Seattle." Wil said between bites of his pizza.
"We hail from a pathetic little town known as Ralls, America." I told the boys. They looked at us as if I had said we were from an alien planet.
"I have never heard of Ralls." Frank said. Maddy laughed.
"Well, we don't expect you to. It's smack dab in the middle of no where's no where." Maddy munched on her pizza, before randomly poking Wil in the face. He laughed and pulled her into a big hug. I smiled and looked at Frank who was blushing. I looked away.
"Umm, Luna?"
"Yes, Frank?" He looked at me for the longest time. Time seemed to stop as I gazed into the pools of hazel heaven that were Frank's eyes.
"Nothing." He turned away, quickly turning a light shade of scarlet. I looked down at the pizza and smiled. I was yanked out of my daydream by Maddy.
"Hey, Luna, let's get back to the house. I want to show Wil here my Pokemon card collection." She had her goofy face, and when Maddy had her goofy face, that meant she was in total nerd mode.
"Alright, you goofball." I laughed. Frank headed out the booth, with me right behind. Out of no where, Frank grabbed my hand. I gasped, suprised by the contact made between me and Frank. I smiled and looked at him, and right then and there, I felt the connection that was unsure of in the beginning. As I looked in his eyes,I knew that he felt it, too.
When we were at the house, Wil and Maddy had Pokemon card battles and me and Frank played Mario Party on the GameCube. We didn't even notice how fast time went by. "Oh, shit! Maddy, have you seen the time?" She looked up from her cards.
"No, I'm kind of in the middle of kicking Wil's ass."
"Maddy, it's one o'clock!" I had to get the guys home. "Wil, Frank where am I taking you."
"Luna, wait!" Maddy stood up real quick, compleatly scattering the cards. "I was thinking, since it's very late and all, that the boys should stay the night."
"Maddy, I don't think that's a very good idea." I replied.
"Please?" Maddy, Wil and Frank all said in unison. I couldn't resist.
"Oh, alright." I gave in.
"Yes!" Maddy said, as she bent down and scooped all her Pokemon cards into her hands, and sprinting into her room. The three of us stood there with confused looks on our faces, then we heard Maddy yell, "Wil Francis! Come here please." Wil smiled shyly, and walked to her room. I stood there akwardly with Frank.
"Umm, if your uncomfortable with me sleeping in your bed, I can sleep out here."
"No!" Frank jumped back at my outburst. I put my face in my hands, feeling the heat radiating from my face.
"Alright, I'll sleep in your bed." He took my hands from my face and smiled at me. "Lead the way, angel." I blushed at my nickname and took his hand.