Status: Hiatus

Letters

"So, what's his name?"

Willow,

I'm not very good with sharing personal things about myself, but I will certainly try. After all, it seems only fair. :)

…Did I really just use a smiley face in a letter?

What is there to say about me… My name is Ronnie, I'm 28 (almost 29) and I have a job that requires me to travel a lot. I like the fact that you're a kindergarten teacher because it shows that you're good with children. People who are good with children always seem to have the best view on life, love, and happiness. Positive outlooks are very attractive on a person, no matter their sex, gender, or race.

I also find tattoos very attractive. I love them, actually. I have quite a few myself. What's your tattoo of?

Anyway, I need to get going; I have some work to be catching up on. Topics for next letter? Why don't you tell me about the kind of music you're interested in.

I can't wait to hear from you again.

Stay safe,
-Ronnie


I fold the letter back up and set it down onto my desk as I walk into my bedroom. A soft smile plays over my lips as I think over the content and I can't help but look forward to being able to write him back.

I don't know what it is about this guy that has my mind whirling and twirling in many different directions. Every day I find myself eager to get home and check the mail, just on the off chance that I might have a letter from him. I know nothing about him, but it feels like I've known him my entire life.

The things that I do know, I learned in his letters. But that doesn't give me much to go on.

I quickly strip out of my work clothes and pad across the room to the closet. I called my sister on my way home from work and asked her if she would like to go out for coffee with me; I figure it's about time that I let her in on my little secret. My little secret being the man that I've been corresponding with for a couple weeks now.

I hear my phone begin to ring from where I left it in the living room as I pull on a pair of jeans, my eyes going wide as I try to pull my jeans up and hurry into the living room to get my phone. Both at the same time.

I trip just as I reach the couch and crash land down onto it, hysterical laughter bubbling up inside of my chest. I grab the phone off of the end table just as it quits ringing.

"Hello?" I laugh, finally getting the jeans up onto my hips and snapping them across my belly.

"What the hell are you doing?" My sister's slight agitated sounding voice rings through the speaker.

I roll my eyes and sit myself up, standing up off of the couch and walking over to where I left my flip-flops the day before. I roll my eyes at her snappiness and slip my feet into the shoes, reaching up and running a hand through my wavy hair, "I tripped on my way to the phone. You know, it wouldn't hurt you to laugh once in a while."

"Okay," she scoffs and I can almost hear the roll of her eyes through the phone. "Well, I'm outside so hurry up and get out here or I'm going to leave your ass here."

I sigh softly and slowly nod my head, mumbling an acknowledgment then hanging up the phone. I slip the phone into my back pocket and grab my keys off the table, hurrying outside and locking the house up behind me.

I see my sister sitting behind the wheel of her car and tapping her fingernails impatiently onto the steering wheel as she watches me around her car. I climb into the passenger seat and close the door of the car, just in time for her to turn to me and ask, "So, what's his name?"