Status: Active

Girls in the Summertime

Chapter Three: Allison

“Congratulation baby girl, you finally did it” my mom said just as I walked off stage, before she kissed my hair and hugged me into her small body, and I hugged her back without hesitation.

“Thank you mom” I whispered as I felt a single tear of happiness run down my cheek. I softly whipped it away and smiled as I stopped hugging my mom.

This day was the day where we finally graduated from high school and were free to do whatever we wanted with our lives. That was the day that finally made us ‘grown ups’ and ready to get a job or study some more or maybe start on an education.

I smiled softly as I looked down on my high school diploma with shaking hands. I have absolutely no idea if I was shaking of happiness or if I was shaking of nervousness for finally go out in the big world and finally to get an opportunity to become something huge.

My brother Austin soon broke me out of my thoughts, “congratulation sis” he said before kissing my forehead and hugged me into his body. He broke the hug but held me out in his arms and looked at me before smiling like a maniac, “I’m so proud of you” he said and shook his head in disbelief before he laughed softly and hugged me quickly again before letting me go.

“That is definitely my girl” my dad said out of nowhere and pulled me into a huge bear hug. “I’m so proud of you baby girl, just as proud as I were when Austin graduated high school!” my dad said, throwing me back to my thoughts about the day were I watched my brother graduate from school.

I remember being so jealous on him because he was finally out of school and I had yet three more years to go, and now these three years is finally over and god I couldn’t be happier about it. It also made me think of the fact that it had been three years since I saw my cousin Steven the last time. Steven live in Chelsea in England and it is therefore not very often that I see him, which is really depressing because my cousin have always been my best friend besides my other two best friends, Lucy and Blake. On that note it is kind of funny because Steven’s best friend actually is Blake’s brother Patrick who also lives in London.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I was greeted by Blake’s parents who came here for talking to my parents, they congratulated me with a smile for my high school diploma and for finally graduating high school, “thank you Mr. and Mrs. Grayson” I smiled softly.

I soon felt my prone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and opened the message.
From:Steven <3
Hi my forever favorite cousin the ‘da whole world! CONGRATULATION! I’m so proud of you. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for your big day, but I’ll make sure to come and visit you guys very soon!
Say hi to everyone for me, ‘aight? Love you Alli

That message made me smile, but yet it made me disappointed. I had thought of my cousin that he would do everything to be there with me, and maybe he had done his best, but he hadn’t done enough. That probably sounded selfish but I just really wished for him to be there with me.

“Why this sudden mood change?” my mom asked me with a frown on her face.

“It’s just that Steven couldn’t come here today, that kinda made me sad, I have of thought that he would be here” I said softly, biting down my lower lip, I always do that when I’m sad and/or disappointed.

My mom suddenly began grinning, which I didn’t get why she did because I found absolutely none of this funny, “But Alli, I’m just right here” a familiar voice suddenly said from behind of me, making me turn around rather quickly.

“Steven!” I breathed out before running into his arms before I hugged him tightly. “I’ve missed you so much, crazy head!” I exclaimed and whipped away the two single tears that had run down my cheeks.

“I had missed you so much too Alli” he whispered softly in my air before pulling away from the hug slightly and kissing my forehead and let me go.

“So you came here all alone?” I asked him with a smile on my face, knowing that he sometimes would bring a friend of his, just so that he didn’t have to travel the long way along and be bored.

“Nope” he said and made sure to put some extra pressure on the ‘p’, “I had Patrick to go with me here, so he could surprise the friend of yours, Blake” he smiled at me, making me nod and smile. “He is over there” he continued and pointed towards where Blake was standing with her brothers, all smiling.

I nodded and thanked him before telling my family that I would be right back. I walked towards Blake and her brothers, and hadn’t talked to her since we got out diplomas.
“Allison” she exclaimed as soon as I came over there and pulled me into a hug which I of course returned.

“We made it, Blake!” I smiled at her.

“Yes we did!” she said just as we released each other from the hug.

I smiled before I looked around the gymnasium in hope to see if I could find Lucy anywhere.
“Have you seen Lucy?” I asked Blake.

“Err. No” she said, and soon she stood on her tiptoes and looked around for Lucy.
“Do you think she went to Olive Garden with Jessie and her mom?” she asked a moment later.

I thought a bit about it, “I wouldn’t doubt that” I said and chuckled.

“Hey, my parents reserved our spot for dinner in that French restaurant down the block from school, but sleepover at my house tonight? After dinner?” Blake asked.

I bit down my lower lip and thought about the offer. It wasn’t a bad offer but I really wanted to be with Steven as well. No, he could wait, he wouldn’t go home just then, and he would be out eating with me and the rest of the family anyway.

“I’ll tell Austin to drop me off after dinner then” I said and smiled.

“Perfect!” Blake said with a smile on her face.

“And I’ll text Lucy, uh… right now” I added a bit confused.

“Atta, girl” Blake chuckled.

I quickly texted Lucy, telling her about our deal after each of our dinners with our families before I hit the send button, and soon I was being pulled into a light hug, “Congratulation Allison” another familiar voice said, making me smile.

We broke apart and he kissed me cheek making me look up, “thank you Patrick” I smiled softly.
I noticed that Blake were giving us a weird look, she never got how Patrick’s and mine friendship worked out. She never got the fact that we had been hanging out in England when I were visiting my cousin, but that was just one of her blonde moments, which was one of the things I absolutely loved about Blake.

“But I’ll see you Patrick” I said and gave him another hug and a friendly kiss on his cheek, “and I’ll see you tonight my lovely dear” I grinned at Blake and gave her a big hug before I went back to my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! I'm Sara and I will be writing in Allison's POV.
I also think you guys should check out the song "Euphoria" by Loreen - she/the song won Eurivision Song Contest 2012 if you didn't know ;)