Status: In progress

Broken Promises

Surprises

Today was the day Rachel was going to sing infront of her whole class. Finn had been really nice to her but she would never ever let him be her friend or anything to her. Guys like Finn only talk to girls like Rachel in her dreams. No one could love or care about Rachel except her dads, according to her. She was a freak in everyones minds and starting to be that way in hers. Before Rachel could continue thinking Finn interupted.
"Are you ready for today?" Finn asked.
"Why are you talking to me in public? You could get in trouble with you little friends." Rachel slammed her locker and walked away.
"Rachel, they will get over it." Finn said and grabbed her wrist.
"Let go of me Finn. You have no right to touch me." Rachel said and slapped Finn's hand.
"Sorry.." Finn said and saw some of his friends staring at him.
"I'm ready for today. Don't worry, you'll get an A." Rachel walked away while Finn stood in the hallway. Finn standing alone while Rachel walked away was starting to become a habbit.
=====
Finn was waiting for Rachel to come into the classroom. She was never late to class and it was already five mintues into language arts class. Where was she? She can't be late, she wouldn't be late. Was this her way of getting back at him? Was he going to have to sing!?
"Finn, where is your partner?" Mr. Smith asked.
"I have no idea. Can I look for her? I think I might know where she is." After Finn said this Puck grabbed his shoulder.
"Dude, you need to slushie the crap out of that hobbit once you find her. I'll spot you the slushie money."
"I'm not gonna do that Puck!" Finn nearly shouted into Puck's ear.
Quinn leaned in and whispered into Finn's ear. "Yes you are if you want to be my boyfriend Finn."
Finn had been going after Quinn for two weeks now. She was really pretty and everyone said they looked good together. Everything was about image.
"I don't want to be mean Quinn. Why do you hate her so much!?" Finn was getting annoyed.
"Because she is an ugly little hobbit who needs to just stay home where she belongs. I don't care if she dies in a hole, as long as I don't have to see her ugly face in my hallways again."
Before Finn could give a response Mr. Smith told him to go look for Rachel.
"Do it Finn or we will slushie you." Puck said as Finn walked away.
What was Finn gonna do?
====
Rachel was sitting by the piano, just playing the song she was supposed to being singing in class. Finn shouldn't have touched her. By touching her he was more personal. Knowing she cut and could sing was nothing in her mind. When Finn touched her, her skin seemed like it was on fire. He needed to just leave her the hell alone.
"Rachel! What the hell!?" Finn shouted at her and Rachel looked up to see Finn holding a slushie and looking angry.
"Why do you have a slushie?" Rachel whispered, getting paler by the second.
"Answer my questions first. Why are you here and not infront of our language arts class singing?"
"I don't need to explain anything to you."
"The hell you do. This is my project too."
"I know but you will get an A for the paper. No need to worry, we both will."
"I wanted you to sing." Finn says and steps closer.
Rachel jumped off the piano bench and backed away.
"I'm sorry." Finn said randomly.
"Sorry for what?"
"This." Finn threw the slushie at Rachel's face.
"What the fuck!?" Rachel screamed and tried getting slushie out of her eyes.
"Puck made me. So did Quinn. Come on, we gotta get to class. You still need to sing."
"Bite me!"
"Rachel, come on."
"You just threw a slushie at me when you promised you wouldn't hurt me, yet you seem to think it's okay. Screw you." Rachel spat at him and tried walking away.
"Are you going to class? You will get your perfect record ruined."
"It already is."
"Yes but not for missing a class, just being late."
"Fuck you." Rachel said and walked to her language arts room with Finn following behind.
"Rachel, what happened to you?" Mr. Smith asked calmly, this wasn't the first time Rachel walked into his room covered in slushie.
"Someone threw a slushie at me.." Rachel said and she wanted to cry. Everyone was giggling and giving Finn high fives.
"Are you still going to present?" Mr. Smith asked.
"Y-yeah. I guess.." After Rachel said that she started singing the song Finn and her had picked out two nights before. No one clapped but Mr.Smith. That made Rachel grab her wrist and scratch it, hoping the scab would break open to bleed. Then she took her seat.
"Well everyone, that is all we have for presentations. I want you and your partners to sit together as I pass out your reports."
Finn didn't move from his seat. Rachel had to come to him. He was sure he was being a total douche bag but he was impressing Quinn and everyone else. That is what mattered, right?
"Rachel, Finn why aren't you together?" Mr. Smith asked.
"Sorry.." Rachel whispered and sat next to Finn, not looking him in the eyes. They just sat there, doing nothing.
"So..Uhh..Did we get a good grade?" Finn finally said.
"Yeah, an A. Just like I said..." Rachel was shivering from the cold of the slushie. It was ruining her favorite purple shirt. It had white polka dots all over it and it was paired with Rachel's white skinny jeans.
"Cool. I'm-" Finn started to say something but before he could Rachel cut in.
"Don't talk to me after this Finn. Can I have my notebook back?"
"No, if you take it from me I'll tell every teacher in this school about your little problem. By the way I know your only scratching the scabs to make them bleed."
"Give it to me Finn."
"Do you know how upset your parents will be when they find out their little daughter is a fucking insane person?"
"Fine, keep the damn book but don't talk to me after this class."
"I wouldn't want to anyway." Finn was lying straight threw his teeth. He really liked Rachel but his image so more important right now. You only get to rule a school like this once in your life.
The bell rung which meant it was time to go home and Rachel couldn't get away fast enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeahh..Comment please