Status: Active!

Just So You Know

She Just Can't

Kendall’s POV
I sat on the couch, stroking Kirstie’s soft curls as she slept soundlessly. She is so beautiful, and everytime I’m with her, I just see more and more how wonderful she is. I love being with her and I wish I could do more to make her feel better since she’s sick. Maybe I can make her something to eat once she wakes up.

I found something to watch on TV and kept stroking her hair and let her nap. Her phone started ringing and I didn’t want it to wake her so I just answered it for her, knowing she wouldn’t mind.

“Hello, this is Kirstie’s phone,” I answered.

“Um, hi. Who is this?” A guy’s voice asked.

“It’s Kendall,” I told him.

“Oh Kendall, hey it’s Jake,” He revealed. “I played Peter Parker.”

“Yeah dude, I remember you,” I smiled.

“Well I was just calling to ask Kirstie what time she wanted me to pick her up tonight?” Jake questioned.

“Pick her up?” I replied, kind of confused.

“Yeah we’re going on a date tonight,” He told me.

In that moment, my heart dropped. I mean, I knew I liked Kirstie but I guess I didn’t realize how much I did until someone else was interested in her too. I actually thought she might like me back but obviously she doesn’t think of me that way. Maybe though she was just humoring him, urg, I need to stop thinking about this.

“Kirstie is really sick and she’s actually asleep now so she can’t make it,” I explained.

“Oh, maybe I should come over later and see how she’s doing,” Jake muttered.

“That’s alright, I’m here with her,” I spoke up.

“Okay, well…tell her I called,” He said before hanging up.

This can’t be happening! No, Kirstie can’t like Jake! But I can’t stop her from going out with him if she likes him. Maybe she’ll forget all about their date and realize that her and I…are perfect for each other. She can’t go out with him, she just can’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?