Status: Active

You End, I Begin

I could never keep you from bending the rules

March 2012

“You are driving me crazy,” Joel told me.

“Why?” I smiled slightly.

“Being here. Being you,” he sighed, his arm around me as we sat on the couch together. “How am I meant to concentrate on anything while you’re here?”

“Hey, don’t blame me,” I laughed. “You invited me out for these few dates, I can easily leave,” I said, beginning to get up from where I was sat.

“I don’t think so,” he said, pulling me back down so I fell into his arms.

“Hmmm, guess I could stay then,” I laughed again, turning my head and placing a kiss on Joel’s cheek.

Joel was currently on tour with This Century through America and they had a few dates on the west coast, which he had asked me to join him for. I was slightly skeptical at first but decided it could be fun so agreed.

And it was.

Me and Joel hung out a lot, I hung out with the other guys in the band too, as well as Alex’s girlfriend Devin who was also out with them on the tour for a few dates. The days consisted of waking up around midday, helping out where we could with load in, then me and Devin would go and grab coffees for everyone and once we came back me and Joel would go and do our own thing, usually just go for a walk or to a restaurant. Then me and Devin would watch their set, either from side stage or from the crowd. After the show was over, we all piled in the van, off to the next city.

It was a crazy way to live for the days that I did, I couldn’t have done it any longer. It was a tiring lifestyle.

We were now in LA and everyone was sat around in the dressing room doing their own thing while the support bands opened the show.

Not long after, it was their turn to take the stage so me and Devin made our way to the front of house to watch the show. We watched the entire show, a few fans recognising us as the girlfriends and coming and speaking to us and spent the rest of the time singing and laughing between the two of us.

This Century reach the end of the set and spoke to the crowd for the last time.

“Hey so this is going to be our last song and you guys have been awesome so we wish we could play a few more but unfortunately we just don’t have the time,” he said. “Los Angeles you have been a lot of fun tonight and we can’t wait to see you all again real soon. This ones for all you Cali girls, it’s called Bleach Blonde.”

Devin turned to me and smiled.

“What?”

“This songs about you, you know that right?”

“No, it’s not”

“It is, I’m being serious”

“But why- I mean, he wrote this ages ago, before we were even talking properly again.”

“I don’t know, Alex told me. Apparently Joel saw you a couple of times somewhere and couldn’t get you off his mind,” she explained, still smiling.

I didn’t have anything else today as I watched Joel perform. Why hadn’t he told me? And why hadn’t Devin told me until now?

And then I listened to why Joel was really singing.

So the hours turned to days and months, I’m still struggling to give her up.

Well it had been a long time since we’d really been friends and from what he’d told me over the past few months, he’d never really given up on me.

And when he got to the chorus I didn’t even have to think twice. My hair had become very blonde these days, I had tattoos since he last knew me and my skin was permanently sun-kissed from living at the beach.

The night ended and we all helped pack up their stuff. Once it was done, Joel and I headed to my apartment, since we were only ten minutes away. When we were inside, we both crashed out on the sofa and he put his arm around my shoulders.

“So, I heard something interesting tonight,” I said.

“Oh yeah? What’s that?”

“Apparently, you wrote Bleach Blonde about me?”

“Who told you that?” he laughed slightly. “Wait, I’m going to guess either Alex or Devin?”

I laughed back, “It was Dev. Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I thought it would be weird that I wrote it before me and you were friends again,” he explained.

“That’s not weird. I actually think it’s really sweet, I love the song.”

“Well, I’m glad. It’s actually kinda a relief you know.”

“Anything else I should know?”

“Er... you might just want to wait until hear the album.”

“That bad huh?” I laughed.

“You were a big part of my life while writing for this new album, what can I say?!”

“Well, as long as I get to hear it soon, I don’t want any surprises please.”

“OK, OK, don’t hold me to it though,” he smiled.

It was nice being in my apartment and away from the rest of the guys for the night and having Joel to myself. Not being in the way of anyone else and being able to do what ever we wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

I UPDATED! I really suck at updating, I'm sorry. I've been really uninspired recently but I actually spent a lot of yesterday writing for this story though. And I now have all but 1 chapter at least planned out, if not part written.

I've also had a couple of ideas for other stories, but I think I'm going to stick to shorter stories or maybe even one/two shots if I do decide to write them out. We'll see.

Thanks for sticking with me, hopefully it won't be two months to the next chapter!