Status: Active

You End, I Begin

I could never keep you from bending the rules

Joel and I spent the evening laying on his bed, arms wrapped around each other and lips constantly meeting the others. Our hands were intertwined and we were looking directly into each others eyes, causing to me to break into a wide smile.

“Are you gonna stay the night? I mean, how long are you in town for?” Joel asked.

“Of course I’ll stay the night,” I said, softly. “And I’m here all weekend.”

“Really?” he asked, his eyes going wider. “Are you gonna go see your mom at all?”

“No,” I shook my head. “This weekend’s all about me and you and making up for lost time,” I told him, cuddling in closer to his body.

He released my hand from his and wrapped his arm tightly around me, as he rested his head on top of mine. It was like we fitted together so perfectly, molding into the other shape. And we stayed there for the rest of the night. No interruptions, just us, together. Just like we both now knew it always should have been.

----------

Joel had decided he wanted to take me out the following night. He told me he had an idea but wouldn’t tell me what. I had limited clothing with me, so trying to get ready to go out was already a nightmare.

“Abs, just wear anything, you’ll amazing in it,” Joel urged.

“Urgh! But I just want to look and feel nice since this will be our first official night out together and I have nothing. NOTHING!” I huffed, throwing clothes all over Joel’s bedroom floor.

“Seriously, Abby, I don’t care what you wear,” he smiled.

Finally deciding on some jeans and a top to wear with some boots and a jacket, I threw them on, ran my fingers through my hair and applied some make up.

“You don’t need that stuff either,” Joel commented as he sat and watched me get ready.

“Yes I do,” I told him and I saw him shrug and smile behind me, in the reflection of the mirror.

Eventually, once I was ready, Joel led me out to his car and drove in the city.

“So, can I know where we’re going yet?” I asked, watching him as he drove.

“You’ll about to find out in about two minutes,” he smirked. I didn’t say another word, instead switching my focus to the roads he drove along. And sure enough, two minutes later I worked it out as he pulled up outside a small music venue.

“You brought me here? Is there some band playing in town I don’t know about?” I asked.

“Something like that,” he smiled. “Just come with me.”

“Wait, is this the same place that...” I trailed off.

“We first met? Yep” he nodded. “It’s been completely redecorated since then, inside and out, but you know, same building.”

“Wow, I don’t think I’ve been here in a long time. Used to see so many bands here during high school.”

“Me too.”

“So, who’s playing tonight?” I asked as we reached the doors. Considering there was no one else around, I knew it couldn’t be anyone that well known.

“Oh, just this little band you might now,” he smirked, pulling the door open and allowing me to walk through first.

As I walked in, the lights on the stage we out and there was no one else in the room.

“Joel, what is going on?” I asked, completely confused.

“Just stand right...” he said, leading me into the middle of the room. “Here.”

And with that he let go of my hand and walked away. The lights on the standing room went out and the lights on the stage came up. Dimmed lights shone over the stage except the microphone in the middle of stage, which had a bright spotlight on it, and that was went I realized Sean, Alex and Ryan were on stage, and then Joel stepped into position. I shook my head, already feeling the blush in my cheeks and knowing what was probably coming.

“I know you’re gonna hate me for this, but I don’t care because I love you,” Joel said, staring right at me. “So I showed you some songs a while back and I’m guessing you never listened to the full album but there was one song on there that I wanted you to hear but really didn’t have the guts to play to you back then. And I’m kinda glad I didn’t, because you probably wouldn’t be here today. And now I think this is going to be far more special.”

And with that, he nodded to the rest of the guys and they began playing the song.

I, in the battle of my life
Try to feel the world through broken eyes
Ever since you came
I will never be the same, I will never be the same
You were the colours and the lights
Fire red and burning bright
Ever since that flame
I will never be the same, I will never be the same

Got me sideways, girl
You're the sun in the rain, you're the pleasure in the pain
Sideways, girl
Got me careless in love and I can't get enough
All day, every day
We can leave, run away
All day, every day
Got me sideways, girl
I can't get enough
I can't get enough

I keep you close, so close and I
Want to take up all our time
Keep it locked away
Now everything has changed, now everything has changed
And you, you're the one in a million girl
Want to be a part of your perfect world
Want to rearrange
Now everything has changed, now everything has changed

Got me sideways, girl
You're the sun in the rain, you're the pleasure in the pain
Sideways, girl
Got me careless in love and I can't get enough
All day, every day
We can leave, run away
All day, every day
Got me sideways, girl
I can't get enough
I can't get enough

I can't get enough

Got me sideways, girl
You're the sun in the rain, you're the pleasure in the pain
Sideways, girl
Got me careless in love and I can't get enough
All day, every day
We can leave, run away
All day, every day
Got me sideways, girl
I can't get enough
I can't get enough

All day, every day
We can leave, run away
All day, every day
All day, every day
We can leave, run away
All day, every day

When they finished, Sean, Alex and Ryan left their instruments and walked off the stage, leaving Joel smiling down on me. He jumped off the stage and walked over to me.

“So?”

“I cannot believe you just did that, did all this for me,” I told him. “But that was amazing, and perfect and that song was...beautiful.”

“Just like you, he said, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear and running his hand along my cheek and kissing my lips.

“Now I see why you said I could where whatever, there’s no one else here!” I laughed once we broke apart. “How did you even managed to sort this at such late notice?”

“Oh I pull a few strings, call in a couple of favors,” he smiled. “Plus, there’s a second part to tonight that will mean there will be other people around.”

“Oh, I see,” I smirked. “And what’s that, an actual This Century gig with fans in the audience where you play more than one song?”

“Funny, but no,” he told me. “We have to go somewhere else for the next part, so come on.”

We walked out of the building and back into Joel’s car and after a quick drive down a few streets, he pulled into a parking space and led me to restaurant.

“Nice work, Kanitz,” I commented as we walked inside.

“I did think this would be more to your liking,” he laughed slightly. “Hi, table for two under Kanitz,” he said to the hostess.

“Right this way,” she smiled.

Once we were sat down and had been handed our menus, I could feel Joel’s eyes constantly on me.

“Joel, what on earth are you staring at?” I suddenly asked.

“You.”

“It’s so off-putting. Have I got something on my face?”

“No, of course not,” he said. “I just...what happened?”

“Huh?”

“What happened or what clicked inside you to finally make you realize how you felt?” he asked, the curiosity obviously finally being too much for him.

“I don’t know, I just started thinking and I guess I may have compared to Jason to you and realized it just wasn’t the same.”

“So I guess seeing me at that studio sort of started it?”

“Oh, I was so pissed that day, I couldn’t believe you thought it was OK to talk to me like that!” I told him. “But now I’m actually kinda glad you did. And I’m glad you text me.”

“You mean the text you never replied to?”

“Yeah...sorry about that,” I smiled at him.

“It’s OK, I know I shouldn’t have done, but I really just couldn’t let you slip away from me yet again, I just knew I had to do something to get you back in my life.”

“But you never should have had to,” I said, bowing my head and looking at the table. “I’m sorry I kept leaving.”

“Abby, look at me,” Joel commanded and looked up to meet his gaze. “Don’t be sorry about leaving, ever. You’ve been through so much and you have never been truly appreciated for being you, how would you ever know what to do and how to cope when you finally had someone who cared for you and only you, which I did. I don’t blame you for what you did. It broke my heart, but I don’t blame you. It was a lot to take. I just knew you’d come back one day when you were ready.”

“I’m ready. I’m ready for it all,” I told him. And it was the truth. At last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Date Outfit

Another chapter!:) And only three more to go...