The Followed

Moods swing like a pendulum and jet lag drags everyone down.

I pushed my way through the crowd of people that surrounded her. “It’s really smart to surround a person after she just passed out from shock,”I said, bitingly,”I mean, who wouldn’t love to wake up to people who I have no idea who they are.” I shook my head and knelt beside her. I took her pulse and made sure she was breathing correctly. “She’s okay,”I sighed and rocked back on my heels. The crowd backed up as soon as I stood up completely, I laughed quietly at that. I heard the body began to mumble and stir about on the ground. Her eyes came open and she let out a shriek. It rang through my overly sensitive ears. I hissed and clamped my hands over them.

“The b-b-bird,”she stuttered, still shaking and laying on the ground

“What bird?”Eryx asked and stepped forward to crouch next to her.

“T-t-this lady turned into some bird creature,”she replied and sat up, burying her face in her hands.

“A harpie,”I said, quietly and Eryx shot me a look.

“I’m sure you must of fell down and hit your head,”he said, helping her up.

Her shaky demeanor disappeared,”I know what I saw,”she said, indignantly.

“You just need rest,”he said, consoling her. She just shook her head and kept muttering that she knew what she saw. The group had dispersed that surrounded us. “Kai,”he said, shocked,”you’re still here?”

“Nah, I’m a figment of your imagination,”I laughed,”of course, I saw someone collapse, I’m not gonna just up and leave as soon as they’re on their feet.”

“Good thing that you’re her roommate then,”he replied.

“What?”I asked, completely deadpanned. Roommates were something I did not want.

“Yeah,”he said,”you’ll be in the north wing, room 678.”

“Is the rest of my stuff already there?”I asked.

“Of course,”he answered.

“Then I shall take my leave,”I said and turned.

“Kai,”he called and I turned,”take Jasper with you.”

I nodded stiffly and she walked to my side. “Sorry,”she mumbled as we got a few feet away.

“Why?”I asked.

“Well you seemed pretty mad,”she answered.

I laughed,”Don’t worry, I’m over it,”I extended my hand,”Kai Emerson, and you?”

“Jasper, Jasper Kennedy,”she answered.

“Are you sure it’s not James, James Bond?”I teased, causing her to laugh,”sorry for my foul mood earlier, my mum says I get that from my father.”

“Oh, who’s your dad?”she asked.

“Uhm, not sure,”I replied, thinking,”she wouldn’t tell me, what about you?”

“Not sure either,”she answered.

“I wonder how we’ll found out then,”I sighed,”I would really like to know who my real father is and not my stepdick of a father.” I stopped suddenly and looked around,”Do you know where the north wing is?”I asked. Trees were strewn across the massive courtyard, with random benches and fountains and view blockers, so I really couldn't see exactly where we were going.

“I’m guessing it’s in the north end of the building,”she replied.

“Wherever that is,”I said.

“You could always ask someone,”she suggested.

“That’s exactly what I want to do,”I huffed,”why couldn’t he have just given me like a map or directions or something?”

“He probably wants people to make friends here,”she said.

“Pfft friends are for the lonely,”I retorted.

“Yeah, usually they are,”she laughed. We were soon joined by an overly excited blonde.

“Hi, I’m Sarah, daughter of Aphrodite,”she said.

“Kai, daughter of someone,”I answered.

“Jasper, daughter of I don’t know,”she replied.

“Oh my god,”Sarah replied,”you don’t know your lineage.”

“No,”I said slowly this time.

“Well they’ll probably have something in your room telling you who it is and stuff,”she said,”so where is your room?”

“North wing,”I answered,”do you know how to get there?”

“Of course I do,”she smiled and started walking. Jasper and I followed after her as she continued to ramble on about the school.

“Gag me with a spoon,”I mumbled, causing Jasper to laugh.

Sarah looked back and cocked her head to the side,”What?”

“Oh nothing,”I replied,”so is everyone in a different ‘clique’ due to who their parent is?”

“Basically,”she answered and pointed to a group of guys who look like they stepped right out of a magazine,”sons of Eros.” Pointing to a group of girls that looked like their counterparts,”Daughters of Aphrodite,”she said smugly.

“Who are they?”I asked, pointing to the group of guys who looked like the classic misfits.

“Sons of Hades and Ares, they seem to get along with each other really well,”she replied, with disdain.

I snorted at her reaction but said nothing. We continued to walk into the door with a sign that said Βόρεια Πτέρυγα, which quickly translated to North Wing. “I should have thought of that,”I mumbled.

“Rooms are through that way,”she said pointing to a door as we walked into a living room looking place.

“Thanks,”I said and walked through that door and into a long corridor of rooms. “678,”I mumbled under my breath as I walked down the hallway. I looked at the plaque that was conveniently placed by a stairway. It said ‘Rooms 550-600’.

“That’s like 2 more floors,”Jasper huffed.

“I know,”I sighed and opened the door to the stairway,”after you.” She walked through and we quickly began running up the steps to our room. “Why must there be so many stairs?”I gasped as we reached the floor we were supposed to be on. Jasper just laughed and walked through the door. I followed behind her shortly. I saw her standing outside a door,”What’s up?”

“Do we need a key or something?”she asked, looking at me and then down at the lock.

“Lock, smock,”I laughed,”I got this.” I kneeled in front of the door and pressed my hand against the keyhole.

“What are you doing?”she questioned, borderline panicking.

“Shh,”I hushed her,”I need to focus.” A few seconds later a rewarding *Click* sounded. “Still got it,”I said and pushed the door open. “This is very boring,”I said, scanning the room. It was a typical college dorm room, two smallish beds, a desk, and other normal living necessities.

“How the hell did you unlock the door?”she asked, completely dumbfounded still standing outside the room.

I turned and tapped the side of my head,”I’m very telepathic.”

“To the point where you can move stuff?”she asked, still borderline panicked.

“No,”I answered and she seemed to calm down a little,”I can just unlock any lock.”

“Gee, that’s great,”she mumbled. I just smirked at her and walked over to the desk.

“If it makes you feel any better, I’ll go to the office right now and see if I can get the key,”I replied.

“Yes please,”she said.

“Back in a flash,”I said and ducked out the door. I made it out of North Wing and finally realized I had no idea where I was going.

“Hey again,”Sarah said walking up to me.

“Hey,”I replied.

“So what’s up?”she asked.

“Looking for the main office thingy, or whatever they have here,”I answered.

“I can bring you there if you want me to,”she said.

“Lead the way,”I replied and followed behind her.

“So how are you liking the academy so far?”she asked.

“It seems cool,”I answered,”but the dorms are really plain.”

“Oh, you don’t know?”she asked.

“Know what?”I replied.

“The way your dorm looks can change due to just one simple thought,”she answered.

“Seriously?”I asked and she nodded,”that’s wicked.”

“Sure,”she said. We stopped outside a glass wall,”The office is right through there,”she said, pointing at a door,”just walk in and ask for Eryx.”

“Thanks,”I replied.

“Do you want me to wait and help you get back?”she asked.

“Uh no, I think I can make it back,”I answered. She nodded and walked off. As I walked in, Eryx stepped straight out of his office.

“Kai, what are you doing here?”he asked.

“You seem to have forgotten to give me and Jasper a key to our room,”I answered.

“Shit,”he hissed,”I knew I was forgetting something, just wait right here and I’ll be back.” He ran into his office and quickly reappeared,”Here you go,”he said, handing me a key.

“Thanks,”I said and walked off. Halfway across the campus area, I realized that I had no idea where I was going.

“I take it you’re lost, little bird,”a voice said from above me.

I whipped around, scanning the area around me. I felt my arms heat up,”Show yourself,”I said.

“Chill, firegirl,”it laughed,”look up and right.” I followed the instructions and saw someone sitting up in one of the many trees.

“Who are you?”I asked.

“Peter fucking Pan,”it cackled.

“Wow, well I’m done,”I said walking away. I heard a thud behind me and I turned. It was a guy around my age.

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding,”he laughed.

“Who are you even?”I asked, crossing my arms across my chest.

“No one,”he smirked and walked off.

“The hell?”I asked. Shaking my head, I walked off towards my dorm.

“So what did he want?”Sarah asked.

“Jesus Christ!”I screamed,”you frightened the bloody hell out of me.”

“I’m sorry,”she said, smiling at me.

“Just don’t do it again,”I sighed,”and why are you here?”

“I was just seeing if you needed help getting back,”she replied.

“Yeah sure,”I said and followed her. As soon as we got to the North Wing, I took off towards my room as fast as I could. I made it up to my room and went to twist the door handle. It was locked. Heaving a sigh, I slipped the key into the lock and opened the door.

Jasper was laying on the bed with her headphones in and eyes shut. I tossed a pillow at her and it hit her on the leg. She jumped a mile in the air and yanked out her headphones,”What?”she asked.

“Keys,”I said, dangling hers from my thumb and pointer finger,”this one’s yours.”

“Sweet,”she said and held out her hand. I handed it to her this time.

“Night,”I said and flopped into my own bed.

“It’s only like 8,”she replied.

“Jet lag is a bitch,”I answered,”so night.”

“Night,”she said and I soon fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So after the long long wait, here is chapter 3! Chapter 4 should be posted sometime with in the week, I'm just not sure when cause I'm not writing it.

I'd like to thank all the people who have commented and who has recommended this story. If you have done neither, please, I beg of you, go comment your hearts away cause it will make me happy!

COMMENT WHAT YOU LIKED, DISLIKED, AND/OR WHAT I COULD'VE DONE BETTER! oh and don't forget to recommend this story too!

PEACE, LOVE AND MUSIC!