Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Execution

I gather my robes, walking into the square. I see my mother there already, in her bright red robe... She smiles at me, not afraid. As I approach I see the guards start to close in as if she was a threat to me. I shook my head at them letting them know that they didn't have to come any closer. They all looked hesitant but obeyed me. I finally reach my mother, the crowd is completely silent. She looks at me, not in fear, not in anger, but in pride and sadness. I reach out and caress her face.

"My mother." I didn't even try to hide my tears, I let them fall, daring anyone to comment on my softness towards a murderer. That woman is still my mother, I just got her and now at my hands I will lose her.

"My daughter, you are so much more beautiful than I could ever imagine, even with those tears on your face. You are one of the strongest women I have ever met and I am proud to have even been your mother as long as I got to be. I believe you will be a fine ruler, a brave warrior and an even better mother, it's time baby. I love you." She smiled at me, strength in her eyes.

"Mom..." I sobbed, my voice cracking, I could hear people crying in the audience.

"Be strong baby girl" She whispered, she moved her hand up to caress mine.

"Be strong" She let her hand drop and turned towards the crowd.

"Subjects, for too long there has been an unfair ruler upon you, and by the grace of fate you have the remarkable ruler you deserve. Open your hearts and arms to her, embrace her and she will embrace you. Show her the love she deserves, I will miss all of you. I must pay for the crime I committed, do not cry for me, do not wail for the loss of a queen, for you are getting a much better queen in my place." She turned to me and grabbed my hand with a smile, she nodded letting me know it was time. She released my hand and I plunged it deep into her chest with a sob. Her face never leaving the composer. She slumped onto me her heart resting in my hand. "My Queen" She whispered, I heard her last breath escape, the crowd became loud and animated. I let the guard pull my mother off of me, her heart still in my hand. I can't believe I just killed my mother. As I stood there in shock, my mother's heart still in my hand I felt a hand gently grab my arm.

"Lilly" Cole whispered. I looked at him, unable to actually respond. "Baby put the heart on the pillow" He gestured to the pillow in which the heart was to be placed, it was beautiful. Red felt with real gold trim. I set it on the pillow and turned towards the palace again, I slowly started walking and didn't stop until I was laying in my bed, my mother's blood still on me and I sobbed. I felt Cole get into bed with me and slide his arms around me, we laid like that until I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, it has been way to long. I graduated highschool, went through some breakups, and i'm now getting MARRIED! Hopefully I have some more time to write and i'm so sorry I have neglected you guys! <3