Status: Brand new story. let me know what you think.

Welcome to the Family

i guess you guys are stuck with me

I still couldn’t believe my mom could be so heartless, I mean, shipping me to the other side of the world and duping me on one of her old school friends. Ok, so I’ve known unkie Jimmy for years, but that was way beyond beside the point. I stopped with a sigh as I got out of customs, but looking around, I couldn’t see my tall, lanky adopted uncle. All of a sudden, heavily inked arms wrapped themselves around me and I was lifted off my feet in a bone crushing hug. “Jimmy, she might need those ribs” I heard Leana say, stepping into my view, shaking her head. When I was placed back on my feet, I spun round and launched myself at Jimmy, who staggered back a couple of steps as he caught me. “Hey Scouty, what’s new” he asked me, a massive grin on his face. I shrugged, hugging Leana without a word. “So, what was it this time? She didn’t like the new Boyfriend? Or did you get another tat?” Leana asked, I gave a snort of amusement. “I started a full scale riot at school and got myself expelled” I replied dryly, watching in satisfaction as both Leana’s and Jimmy’s jaws dropped in shock. “H…how?” Jimmy asked, looking dumbstruck, I shrugged “I smashed Jayd’s face into a wall six times, then got jumped by her new cheer whore friends. It just escalated from there” I replied, not meeting their eyes.” I thought Jayd was your friend?” Leana said, looking confused. I shrugged again “She was, until I caught her fucking Levi that is” I replied, my face poker face blank. I watched as Leana’s face softened in sympathy. “So…. I guess you guys are stuck with me” I added, lifting my right shoulder in a half-hearted shrug.. “That’s a good thing” Leanna said giving me a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

--A few hours later—
I sat staring down at my open case, feeling down. I missed my friend‘s Zui and Leon. I missed my fishies. As nice as Jimmy and Leanna were, my home was in Australia. I looked up as Leana came in “What’s wrong Scout?” She asked as she came over and sat next to me. I shrugged “I miss my friends…. And my fishies” I said softly. Leana nodded “Well… maybe we could get you some fish” I smiled. “Really?” I asked, Leana nodded with a smile. “You know what….. Get changed and we’ll go to the pet shop and have a look at the fish” she told me as she practically bounced to her feet. “And you could get your school stuff too” She added as an afterthought as she pulled me to my feet. I sighed “I suppose we could do that too” I replied half-heartedly. Leana smiled “you’ll need new clothes” She told me slyly, I grinned “Now that sounds like a plan” I replied, turning my attention back to my case.

Leana dragged me out of the house when I was barely dressed, she seemed insanely enthusiastic about us going shopping, and when Jimmy had asked to come, Leana had practically ordered him to go to Matt’s. Now, I had to go shopping with Leana, without being able to use Jimmy as a buffer for her full on personality. “Oh, cheer up Scout, it’s not that bad. I mean, at least you’ll be able to see jimmy more and we have no problem with you getting tattoo’s. I’m pretty sure Jimmy would sign for them too” Leana told me, glancing at me for a second before turning her attention back to the road. I laughed “Yep, I’m sure he would” I replied, “Don’t stress yourself out Scout, you’ll make new friends and find where you fit in, just give it a chance……Ok?” she asked, I sighed and nodded unhappily, before looking out the window, which is where my attention stayed for the rest of the trip.

When Leanna pulled up in front of a shopping mall, I was surprised to see how alike they were to the ones back home, though I don’t think I’ve ever seen a hot topic in the shopping malls back home. “So, I was thinking, hot topic, then browse through some of the other shops before going to the pet shop then back home. Sound good?” I nodded, looking around as she led me towards the entrance. I paused as I walked past a sign outside hot topic, and gave a little squeal of delight “Oh My God, Black Veil Brides are appearing in store today” I cried out when Leana turned to stare at me, I was bouncing on the balls of my feet in delight. Black Veil Brides were one of my favourite bands. “Should we get you the album to have them sigh?” she asked, before laughing as I nodded eagerly. She held out her hand to me and I took it. I let her lead me as I stared around me in awe, this was almost like the small shops I liked to buy my stuff from, but on a much bigger scale. I shook my head as Leana stopped and picked up a copy of Set the world on Fire, before giving me a nudge in the direction of the signs declaring That BVB would be there. “I’ll go buy this, you go over and wait, Ok?” I nodded and watched her walk away before making my way towards where a small queue was starting to form. As I waited, I eyed up the girls in the line, all of them were holding cameras and other merch, and wearing BVB shirts. Feeling a little self-concise, I looked down at my singlet and leggings. Looking up again, I looked for Leana, wanting someone=ne to talk to. “Don’t you want a photo with one of the boys?” a voice asked from behind me “I didn’t even know they were gonna be here, I only came here to shop with my aunty Lana.” I replied, turning to look at the girl who had spoken to me. She smiled “Guess it’s your lucky day, huh?” she asked me. I nodded in agreement.

The girl I was looking at was just about the same height as me, with choppy black hair. “I’m Kai” She told me with a smile, holding out her hand to me, I couldn’t help but smile back as I shook her hand “I’m Scout” I replied, “What kind of accent is that?” she asked me, I laughed “I’m an Aussie” I replied, her jaw dropped “No-Way. Do you have a pet koala?” She asked, staring at me in wide eyed wonder, making me laugh “No. the ones you see people holding in pictures are tame, the real ones are like…… um……. Like grizzly bears. They’re wild animals. And before you ask, we don’t ride kangaroos” I told her with a shake of my head. “That one always seemed kinda stupid to me anyway. Are they really like grizzlies?” she asked, seeming to be fascinated. I nodded, smiling at Leana as she came over and handed me the CD. “Making friends already?” Leana asked with a smile, I nodded in reply, turning my attention to the signing table as there were screams signalling that BVB were coming out. “So…. What part of Australia are you from?” Kia asked me as we watched the first few girls meet each member. “The shit part” I replied with a shrug, before seeing Kia’s look of confusion “Western Australia” I elaborated, she nodded “It can’t be that bad” she said, I gave a snort of amusement “It really is, music wise. We don’t get a lot of tours coming our way, and the one decent Nightclub I used to go to, recently stopped doing their hard-core, scene night” I replied, inching forward. “Bummer” Kia replied, I nodded, taking another step forward.

I was standing in front of Ashley Purdy before I spoke again. “Hey, What’s your name sweetheart?” he asked, looking up at me with a flirty smile, “Hi. I’m Scout” I replied, suddenly feeling incredibly shy. He stopped dead as he reached for my CD, staring up at me curiously, I also noticed that I had Jinxx and CC’s attention. “Now that’s an Aussie accent, Isn’t it?” CC asked his attention focused on me as well (He was sitting next to Ashley) I nodded, biting my lip. “I like Australia” Jinxx told me, I smiled tentatively at him, “What state are you from?” Ash asked me, I shrugged “The one that soundwave visited last” I replied, a smile forming “Perth” Cc nodded as he spoke. I nodded back, “That was my favourite, pity we couldn’t stay there longer” Ash said, a smile forming on his perfect lips. I grinned “Pity you couldn’t see the Taylor Swift concert there too” I replied, making him laugh. “Yeah. Pity” he agreed, taking the CD from my hands finally, and signing it. I felt Kai tap me on the shoulder “Did you want a photo with him?” She asked me in a whisper, I nodded enthusiastically. Ashley smiled and slid my CD down to CC and tapped the table. “Jump up here then. Oi CC, come here a minute” Ash said, draping an arm around my shoulders as he spoke, CC jumped up and joined in the photo, pulling a face as usual. I smiled and gave Metal horns as did Ashley. I smiled and slid off the table as Kai came forward, I held out my hands for her camera, my smile growing bigger as she handed it to me. i took the photo before I handed it back to her before stepping up to stand in front of CC’s seat, he grinned at me. “So…… I assume you went to soundwave then?” He asked me, quickly signing my CD before returning his attention to me, I nodded “Yeah, and I had my ankle crushed in your pit” I replied. “Ow” he said, pulling a face. “Yup, pretty much.” I replied “Any serious damage?” As he accepted Kai’s CD “Three stress fractures in the ankle and foot” I replied, noticing that now I had Jake’s attention too (And a great deal of dirty looks from other fan girls) Kai, I noticed was happy enough to listen to what I had to say to the boys.

“CC, Stop hogging the girls” Jake called to him, CC sighed in disappointment, making me grin as he pushed mine and Kai’s Cd’s on to Jinxx “I think you made a friend” Kai whispered in my ear. I nodded in agreement “So, did hurting yourself send you home” Jinxx asked, “Nope. I just didn’t go in anymore mosh pits. Just so you know, I blame you guys for me not being in the slipknot pit” I told him, CC laughed, he was still clearly listening to what I was saying “I Can live with that” Jake said, a smile forming. “Sorry” Jinxx said to me, fighting a smile. “No, you’re not.” I told him, he grinned at me then “Maybe just a little” He said, I shook my head “Right” I replied dryly, “Can we have a photo with you guys?” Kai asked, Jinxx and Jake nodded, glancing over my shoulder, I beckoned to Leana who came over and took the camera from Kai, waiting while Kai and I jumped up to sit on the table and pose before taking the picture.

I didn’t really talk to Andy much, just stayed silent as Kai talked for me, just thinking as I watched Andy first sign our Cd’s then pose with us for a photo. “Hey Scout, what’s your last name, so I can find you on Facebook and send you these” Kai said to me as we walked away from the signing table. “Sullivan. Yours?” I asked in reply. “Drake.” She replied, giving me a hug before turning to go “I’ll catch you later Scout” She told me, before leaving “Bye…..” I said, trailing off as I watched her go.