Status: Just starting :)

Promises

Tell Me A Lie You Liar

Holy shit. Why of all people did it have to be him? Why? I would much rather it be Oli Sykes then Louis Tomlinson. I quickly looked down at my hands. He can't know I'm me. He can't know I'm the girl who's heart he broke. When my eyes traveled to the bracelet I was wearing I cursed myself. It was the carrot bracelet he got me for my sixteenth birthday. I unclasped it and shoved it in the front pocket of my jeans.

“Lou, mate, come here." Zayn waved him over. “I want you to meet some people." Really Zayn? Really? I just met you and I'm starting not to like you. You may be gorgeous but I still don't like you as of right now. 

Just calm down Scarlett. He won't know it's you unless you tell him your full name. You've changed your appearance since you last saw him, I spoke to myself. Seeley stood up and brought me with him. 

“Hey, my names Seeley. S'nice to meet you," he greeted. They shook hands and Louis introduced himself. Now it was my turn to say hello. “'ello, I'm Scarlett," I spoke. As my name fell from my lips his eyes snapped up to meet mine. You could tell he was searching to see if I was who he thought I was. Thank god I was wearing contacts and not my bright pink nerd glasses like I usually wore when I was too lazy to put in contacts. I've had those glasses ever since I can remember. Louis accidently sat on them one day and Winston had to put black tape in the middle to keep them together. I was taking the nerd to a new level. 

“'ello Scarlett," he spoke slowly. “Nice to meet you. I'm Louis." While the boys all sat down and started talking about whatever soccer teams were playing on the tv, I slipped in the kitchen and landed a punch on Rossy's arm. 

“OW!" 

“Shhh!" I slapped a hand over her mouth. “Why the bloody hell is Louis here? I haven't seen him in two years and I didn't plan on seeing him ever again." 

She shrugged. “He lives next door to you with Harry. How was I supposed to invite Harry and not Louis? He's our friend."

I narrowed my eyes at her. “He's not our friend, he's your friend. He broke me fucking heart Rossy. He tore it out and stomped all over it, then left it like yesterdays trash. You wanna know why he did it? Because he was auditioning for that stupid show. I told him I loved him the night he broke up with me, but he didn't care. I didn't mean anything to him."

By the end of my little explosion her jaw was on the floor. She had that look on her face she got whenever she was mad. It usually didn't end well. The spatula she was holding so tight was making her knuckles turn white. Before she could go all karate kid on him, I spoke up. 

“I think it'd be best if I left." I gathered my purse and hugged her. “I'm really sorry Rossy. We should double date that way no one could ruin it."

“It's fine Scar, don't worry about it. I feel like a git for not telling you he was coming." She kissed my cheek, as I did her. “Just text me and we'll drag the guys out."

When I reached the living room I called out to Seeley. “Hey Seeley, we gotta go. I just remembered we have to go help Vi unpack." 

He nodded and bid everyone goodbye. When we shut the door behind us he started heading toward the lift. I pulled his hand and jerked him back to my door. I softly shut the the door and locked it, then kicked off my Supras by the coatrack. 

“I thought we had to go help your sister unpack?" He asked with furrowed brows. I shook my head. “I lied. I didn't want to be around Louis."

His eyebrows furrowed ever more. I told him all about what he did. That was part of the reason why I started dating him. When I told him it felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Like I was myself again. He told me he wouldn't hurt me like Louis did. I was skeptical at first, but he proved to me he wouldn't. And that's why I'm still with him today. 

“That's the Louis? The one who broke your heart?" He was mad now. I'm surprised he didn't barge out the door and go punch him. “Bâtard a besoin de ses coups de pied dans les dents."

I chuckled at his mumbled French. He was violent when it came to people hurting the people he loved. If you did one thing wrong you were on his shit list. 

“He's not worth it. Don't waste your energy."

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

“Louis, stop!" I shrieked, dodging his outreached hands. He let out an evil laugh and ran after me faster. 

“Quit running from me Letty. It'll only be worse when I catch you." That didn't stop me from running. I kept running around the big yard we were in. 

“You can't catch me! Nanny nanny boo boo!" I shouted over my shoulder. That only made him run faster. He was a few inches away and lunged for my wrist but I flung it up and once again dodged him. “Missed me, missed me, now you gotta kiss me!"

One second I'm running and the next I'm laying in the plush green grass. Louis hovered over me with a smirk adorning his face. “How 'bout that kiss?" He leaned down and captured my lips with his own in a passionate kiss. 

“What you doing to me Mummy?!" A little voice shouted. “You eating her face off Daddy!" Louis pulled away just in time for a small figure to land on both of us. 

“Mummy, is you face okay?" I chuckled and nodded. "My face is fine Tommy. Daddy didn't eat it off," I replied. 

He nodded, then turned to glare at Louis. “You don't do that no more Daddy. I was scared."

"I promise I won't do it anymore," Louis replied with a chuckle. “Good," Tommy spoke. I moved him so he was laying in between me and Louis on the grass. We stared up at the partly cloudy sky for a few minutes before our son spoke up.

“I love you Mummy and Daddy."

“Love you too Tommy," we replied in unison. “Love you Scarlett."

“Love you too Tommo."


♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

What did that dream mean? I wanted to know why I had it. I wasn't going to get back with Louis, nor would I ever have a kid with him. I didn't love him anymore. I loved Seeley. 

“Hey I heard you were a wild one. Oooh. If I took you home it'd be a home run. Show me how you do," I sang as I cleaned the outside of the glass on the display cases. 

Today was my second day of being open and business was booming. It was noon and I was almost out of everything. Violet had helped me once again today. She was out right now getting us lunch. Once I finished cleaning the display cases I went back into the kitchen and put the glass cleaner and dish towel away. The bell on the door dinged making me hurry back to the front. I put the be back later sign up. Can people not read?

"I'm sorry guys, but we're on lunch break." 

“You aren't supposed to turn away your best mates," Rossy spoke. I looked up to see her and the others standing there. Including Louis. Seriously? What the hell Rossy? 

“Hey guys. What're you doing here?" Before I could blink Niall was basically laying on the display cases with a look of hunger and love on his face. Oh dear lord. “Do you not feed him?" 

Harry snorted. “He eats us out of house and home." I let out an ‘ahh' and stood behind the counter. 

“Anything you guys want? I don't have much left since a bunch of people came in today, but there's still stuff left."

Niall started jumping up and down excitedly. “Oh! Oh! Oh! Can I have two cream puffs, two of the m&m double oozies, and a Irish car bomb cupcakes?!" I nodded with a chuckle and got them out of the cases. 

“Do you want them in a takeaway box or are you going to eat them here?" I asked. When he nearly shouted he was eating them here I put them on a white plate and handed it to him. He immediately moved out of the way and basically started inhaling everything. Next was who I remembered as Liam. “Banana cream pie and golden Oreo vanilla cupcake please."

“Here you are sir." Before I could help anyone else my lovely sister started kicking the door. “Rossy, you can get your guys' stuff. I gotta help Vi," I said as I hurried to the door. As I passed Louis I thought I heard him gasp, but I could have been hearing thing. 

“Shit Scar. An hour later," Violet said with a huff. I took our drinks from her while she carried the bags of our food. When she saw who was standing in front of her she almost dropped the bags but went back to acting normal. Thank you Vi. We don't need you fangirling. 

“Seriously, shut up Vi. I'm not in the mood." I discretely motioned toward Louis and she nodded. “Gotcha. Now let's eat some food. My stomach is speaking to me."

Rossy had got everyone what they wanted and was trying to put money in the register. I slapped her hands and narrowed my eyes at her. “Rosalie Fiona Adams, quit trying to put money in the register. All your guys' stuff is on the house," I spoke in my mom voice. 

She stepped away from the register with her hands up in surrender. When she was far enough away from it I started eating my Subway sandwich. Vi sat on the counter by me and ate her sandwich. 

“I like your tattoo Scarlett," Zayn spoke. I just remembered about my bird tattoo on my right shoulder. I got it on my seventeenth birthday as a present to myself. I had always loved birds and told myself since I was thirteen that I was going to get a bird tattoo somewhere on my body. My mum didn't like me getting it but she knew she had no say seeing as I did whatever I wanted hence the red hair I sported as a teenager. 

I grinned. “Thanks. It's my first and last." 

“Really? When I got my first one I was hooked. I had to get another one. I've got seven but I want more." 

We got to talking about tattoos, leaving everyone else to talk amongst themselves. Violet was introduced to everyone by Rossy. She started up a conversation with Liam without going into fangirl mode and for that I applaud her. They all stayed for an hour before leaving to meet someone about a concert or something. When they left Vi threw away our trash and I flipped the sign to open again. 

“Boo, who put the big bill in the tip jar?" That made me furrow my brows. No one had put a big bill in the tip jar today. When I looked in it there was a big bill sitting right on top. “Rossy," I sighed. “I told her she didn't have to pay."

She shook her head and started picking at her chipped nail polish. She did that when she had something on her mind. Just like how I twirled my hair when I had something on my mind. Wonder what she had on her mind? I'll just ask her.

“Louis basically stared at you the whole time they were here." Okay, or she would answer my unasked question. Maybe it was the twin telepathy thing we had going on. I shrugged. “I didn't notice."

Lie. I had noticed. I just didn't want her to think I cared. I didn't want her to think I was paying attention to him when the git didn't deserve my attention. The only people that deserved my attention were the ones who I cared about more then anything in this world and who I loved with all my heart. Not in any way did I care about Louis. When he broke my heart along with his promises I could never look at him the same. He gave me the one thing I hated growing up with. Broken promises.

“Do you think he knows your you?" I shrugged once again. I hope he didn't. “I hope he doesn't. I don't want anything to do with him," I replied.

She nodded. “I agree. You don't need to be around him whatsoever. You've got a better lad who will treat you right."

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

It was almost eleven at night before I got home. I baked cakes and iced them, then put them in the fridge. I baked cookies and put them in plastic containers. I baked cupcakes and iced them, then put them in the fridge. I basically baked everything I would need for tomorrow. I closed at five thirty and by the time I finished cleaning the front it was six, so I got started on baking everything. 

When I pulled in my parking garage some dipshit had parked their black convertible Porsche Boxster halfway in my parking spot. That pissed me off, so I wrote the git a bitchy note and stuck it on his or her wipers. The car was small and the parking spot could fit the damn car with more then enough room left. There was no reason for it to be halfway in my parking spot. Whoevers car that is wasn't going to like me. 

“Dammit," I cursed as I dropped my keys. This damn hallway was dark as fuck. The light had gone out and the owners had yet to fix it. I was tempted to get a spare light bulb of mine and put in there, but I kept forgetting. 

“How come you didn't tell me you were back?" I jumped at the voice and let out a scream. When I jumped I banged my head on the doorknob and almost fell on my bum. “Jesus fucking Christ that fucking hurt like a bitch," I groaned rubbing my head. There was already a knot. Great. 

Straightening up, I grabbed my keys and finally unlocked my door choosing to ignore him. He didn't deserve my time. I wouldn't waste my breath on him. When I tried to shut the door he wedged his foot in there and stopped it. I wasn't in the mood for his shit right now or any day for that matter. 

“Well?"

“Well what?" I glared at him. “I don't know what you're talking about."

He gave me a pointed look. “Cut the crap Letty. I knew it was you the second I saw your tattoo."

Letty. I haven't heard that name in two years. Nobody except him called me that. I wouldn't let them. I didn't like hearing it again though. He called me that when we were dating. I associated that nickname with our breakup and I didn't like it.

“Don't call me that," I snapped. 

“What, Letty? That's my nickname for you." He didn't get it. He might not now but he will here in a second. 

I rolled my bright blue orbs. “Nobody calls me Letty anymore. I won't let 'em. Besides, I only let my friends call me by nicknames."

He furrowed his brows. “I'm not your friend?"

“Oh my god! Are you kidding Louis?!" I all but shouted. I wasn't meaning to yell and wake everyone up, but he made me mad. “You broke my heart and gave me a shit excuse. I told you I loved you. You didnt care. You never did. If you did you would have stayed with me. I would have stood by you through the whole thing and supported you." 

He just stared at me. We never got like this when we were younger and dating. He never saw me truly mad like I am now. I got so mad one time that I don't remember what I did. Next thing I know I have busted knuckles and a broken wrist. I got black out mad. 

“I didn't mean to hurt you like that," he replied softly. “I promise."

A scoff immediately left my mouth. “You're real big on keeping promises right?" I asked, sarcasm dripping from my every word. “You promised we'd be together forever and you wouldn't hurt me."

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. “You're a liar. Always have been, always will be."
♠ ♠ ♠
Starting a new Liam Payne and Harry Styles story with my good friend Kaylee. Check it out.

Image