Status: Just starting :)

Promises

Sleepover

You don't choose your family. They are Gods gift to you as you are to them. -Desmond Tutu 

Saturday. Praise the lord. The weekend has come! I've never been more happy for the weekend to arrive. I normally hated the weekends because that meant no work and I would end up being lazy. I loved working, so sue me.

“Scarry! Let me in! Me, Gray, Emerald, Mummy, and Daddy are here!" Indigo's voice sounded throughout my flat over the speaker. I buzzed them in and started bouncing on the balls of my feet. Of course I'm going to be excited. My brothers, sister, dad, and mum are here! A knock on the door made me swing it open and let out a little shriek. 

“Oh my god! Grayer, Emmy you guys got so big! And Indy you have a fauxhawk! I'm lovin' it dude," I exclaimed. I hadn't seen them in a year. They were so big. Gray and Emerald had just turned ten and Indigo was six. I didn't like that they were growing up on me. It made me feel old. 

All three of them lunged at me, wrapping me in a hug and almost knocking me down in the process. My Mum and Winston stood with smiles on their faces. I bent down and kissed each of their cheeks with tears in my eyes. “I missed you guys so much," I spoke my voice cracking. 

Indy grabbed my face and said, “Don't cry Scarry. We're here now. Mum and Dad said we were staying in a hotel down here for a week. We get to stay here for a week!"

I laughed through my tears. “That's awesome bud. Seeley, you kids, Violet, and I can have a sleepover with candy and all that good stuff. How does that sound?" At my words their eyes lit up. They all hugged me again and ran further into my flat to explore. A small grin graced my face as I turned to face my mum and Winston. 

“'ello Mum and Dad," I greeted. “I missed you guys." My mum hugged me and kissed my cheek, petting my hair. 

"Missed you too honey." Next was Winston. He wrapped his large, muscled arms around me in one of his famous bear hugs. I missed these. “I missed you too Scout. I didn't have anyone to bake me shit and get me fat," he chuckled. 

“I would never get you fat. Don't think Mum would like that." 

“No, I wouldn't. If you got fat I'd leave you for our postman." We looked at her for a little bit before busting out laughing. She was always like this. Joking around and making light of any situation. I invited them in and shut the door behind them, following them to the living room. In there we found the kids playing Mario Kart on the Wii. They loved that game. 

"This is a really nice place Scout," Winston complimented. I grinned up at him. “Thanks Dad. I'm glad you like it."

I hadn't had enough time to unpack everything what with working and avoiding Louis as much as possible. That was hard seeing as he lived in the same building as me, on the same floor, and was my neighbor. Why did I have to pick this building? Why? 

"Hey Scar, guess who I saw a couple months ago," Emmy spoke as she handed the Wii controller to Indy. I plopped down on the couch and propped my feet up on the coffee table. "Who'd you see Emmy?"

“I saw Louis! He came over when he was at Miss Johannah's and visited us. He took us to the carnival and got us cotton candy. Daisy and Phoebe went too," she rushed out in one big breath. 

Oh my god. He still talks to my family. He still visits my family. Even after what he did to me he has the nerve to go over there. Who does he think he is? I don't talk to his family. I don't go visit his family. When he broke up with me I stayed away. That was the start of my new life and my new life didn't involve them. 

“That's nice," I finally spat out. I didn't know what else to say. What was I supposed to say? ‘Oh yeah, the dumb fuck who broke my heart and left it for everyone to trample on came over and took you to a carnival? How nice.' I don't think so. 

My mum glanced over at me. “Have you seen or heard from Louis? He lives here in London doesn't he love?" Winston nodded and went back to helping Indy play the game.

She nudged my leg with her hand. “You should call him and catch up. Maybe even get back together." 

I rolled my eyes. "No thanks Mum. And besides, I'm dating Seeley who I love."  

She still didn't know what caused us to break up. And I didn't plan on telling her any time soon. My real dad, Violet, and now Rossy are the only ones who know. I hope to keep it that way for as long as I can.

“Well why not? You and him were so cute together," she cooed. I took a deep breath trying to keep my anger to a minimum. “Just drop it Mum. I don't want to talk about it," I replied sharply.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

“Indy get back over here and hold onto the buggy!" He skidded to a stop in the middle of the store aisle and sulked back over to me. He was one hyper six year old.  

“But Scarry," he pouted, “they have Lucky Charms." 

“I have new box of Lucky Charms at home. Now let's get some snack foods and candy for tonight, how does that sound?" At the mention of candy his pout was replaced by a wide grin. He hopped up and down, before hopping in the buggy sitting on his knees. 

“Onward to the candy!" He shouted pointing forward. Emmy and Grayer walked on either side of me, playing games on their iPods. They weren't as enthuastic about coming to the store as Indy was. Then again, they had wanted to stay home and play the Wii. They were ten, there was no way I was going to leave them in my flat alone. They had begged me to stay the night tonight, so I gave in. Tomorrow was Sunday and I had nothing else to do, so I figured why not. 

As we passed the chips Grayer grabbed a bag of cool ranch Doritos and threw them in the buggy. Emmy went over and put a box of the tomato and basil Wheat Thins in there also. Indy tried to grab a bag of crunchy Cheetos but his arms didn't quite reach. 

“Here," I said handing then to him. "Thank you sissy." I loved how he had manners. Most kids his age didn't. Most kids any age didn't have manners these days. Our mum and Winston made sure they were brought up with manners. My dad instilled manners in myself and Vi. He tried to get us to say ma'am and sir but we always forgot. 

We went down a few mode aisles throwing random things in the buggy. Grayer and Emmy had put away their iPods and were actually paying attention to their surroundings. Children and their technologies. Indy was surrounded by junk foods, and had been scolded a few times for trying to open the bag of Cheetos. That kid was a bottomless pit. He could eat all day and not gain a pound. I was jealous. 

“Sissy?" I turned to see Emmy holding a 43 ounce bag of Skittles. “Can I get these?" I nodded, not being able to say no. They were my weakness. I could never say no to them. 

“Scarlett, is that you?" A deep voice called out. Turning around, I saw Harry and Niall at the end of the aisle with a buggy full of alcohol and junk food. Emmy's face held a starstruck look making me bite back a laugh. She obviously didn't act this way around Louis. Why Harry and Niall? 

I waved. “Hey guys. What're you out shopping for?" 

Niall smiled and said, “We ran out of alcohol and junk food. Men can't live without that shit."

Harry slapped his arm. “Mate, don't talk like that around little kids," he hissed motioning toward the kids.

Grayer pushed his nerd glasses up higher on his nose before looking at the two taller boys. “We've heard worse. Don't worry about it. Our Mum has a swear jar but she puts more money in it then anyone else," he stated. And that was true. They both laughed at that.

“So what're you doing here?" Harry asked, leaning against the handle of his buggy. “Getting stuff for the sleepover I'm having with these three hooligans tonight. Guys these are my little brothers and sister. This is Gray, Emerald, and Indigo," I introduced.

They said their hello's and in Indy's case he yelled how his hair was like Niall's. Their hair was very similar. They could almost be twins. So could Harry and Grayer. Grayer had the curly hair like Harry's and the bright green eyes. Scary shit right there. Next thing I know Emmy will have a pixie cut and be styling it like Zayn's and wearing varsity jackets all the time. Oh my god. I can't believe I actually know he wears those jackets all the time. I've been around Emmy too long. He's all she talks about, so what would you expect?

“Well have fun at your sleepover," Harry and Niall said. “We better get going. Louis is probably having carrot withdrawls."

Emmy giggled at Niall's words. “Tell him I said he needs to try them with peanut butter." She's always ate them like that. It's disgusting as fuck too. She talked me into trying it and it was so nasty I threw up. I guess you just have to have a certain kind of tastebud or something. I don't know.  

“I will," he replied. When they said bye and turned to leave, Indy hollered after them. “You wanna come to our sleepover? Sissy won't mind! Will you Scarry?" 

I shook my head. Of course I didn't mind. Harry and Niall were actually starting to become my friends. Along with Liam and Zayn. Harry and Niall looked at each other having a silent conversation before they both nodded. 

“We'll see you later. Get our numbers from Rose and text us what time to be there."

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

It was eight and everyone was here. That was everyone but one Louis Tomlinson. Since I Seeley couldn't make it, I decided to would be nice to hang out with my friends, so I invited Rossy, Zayn, and Liam too. The kids were more then happy for everyone to be here. Vi was sitting by Liam while I was sitting between Harry and Niall as The Lion King played on my flat screen. It was just starting and I was readying myself for the tears. I cried everytime Mufasa died. If you didn't you had no soul. Simple as that. 

“I love this movie but I hate it," Harry mumbled. Furrowing my brows, I turned my head to look at him in my dark living room. “That makes no sense mate."

He looked down at me. “Yes it does. I love it because it's a classic, but I hate it because it's sad. I cry when Mufasa dies," he replied.

"I do too," I replied. “We can cry together!" He chuckled and threw an arm around my shoulder. “Cryin buddies!"

At his loud words the kids shushed him from their spot on the floor without taking their eyes off the screen. By ten they'd be out, so then we could watch whatever we wanted and do whatever we wanted. And by do whatever we wanted, I meant drink. I haven't drank in a month. I've been too busy moving and getting Sweet Dreams up and running.

“Sorry," I whispered. “We'll be quiet."

Just as I predicted they were out by ten. I carried Indy to my guest room and laid him on the queen size blow up mattress in the middle while Harry laid Emmy on the left side and Niall laid Grayer on the right side. I covered them up with my big old quilt my Gran made me and kissed their foreheads before leaving the room, shutting the door behind me. When I got back to the living room the guys were arguing over what movie to watch; IT or The Dark Knight. I could not watch IT. I don't even know why I had that damn movie. Clowns freaked me out. I was deathly afraid of those things. Laugh all you want, but that's what I'm afraid of. 

“I want Batman!" Niall said loudly. “You guys know I'm afraid of clowns." There was no need for him to be quiet. The kids could sleep through a hurricane and not wake up. Plus with Grayer and Indy snoring you couldn't hear anything.

My turn to speak up. “I vote for Batman too. I don't like clowns either," I spoke up. Zayn looked over at me with a raised eyebrow. “So if someone showed you a picture of a clown you would get scared?"

“Worse. One time our old mate Tyson dressed up as a clown as a prank and Scar here went bonkers on him. She grabbed the iron frying pan, knocked him in the head with it and then screamed, fainting in the middle of the kitchen floor," Rossy answered for me. 

Vi laughed at that. “Oh my god, are you serious?" I narrowed my eyes at her. At least I'm not afraid of spiders.

"She gave herself a concussion." 

"Batman it is," Liam stated, putting it in the DVD player. While everyone set back down I padded into the kitchen to get some beer Seeley had left here the other day. It was a twelve pack of a really strong beer. It tasted weird but I needed it after my week. 

“Anyone want some beer?" As soon as I said that everyone raised their hands. I chuckled, passing everyone a bottle and dropping down between my crying buddy and my Irish buddy. “Holy shit," Zayn spoke making a sour face. “Where did you get this?"

Rossy coughed, covering her mouth. “This is the strongest beer I've tasted in my whole life." She took another sip of it and made a face much like her boyfriends. “Oh my god, I just drank it again!" She started coughing again and being the true blond she is, she took another drink. 

“I took another drink!" We all laughed at her. We couldn't help it. Every time she coughed she would take another drink of the beer. Funny stuff.

♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪•♫•♪

A knock at the door broke me from my laughing fit. The movie had long been forgotten as the beer and alcohol made it's way into our systems. Once we ran out of my beer Zayn and Niall went to their flats to get more. They came back with armfulls of not just beer, but the hard stuff. 

“I'll be-" I hiccupped. “I'll be right back." Standing up, I made my way to the door swaying the whole time. When I opened the door I leaned against it to steady myself. The person who stood on the other side wasn't someone I wanted to see. “What're you-you doing here? I don't...I don't like you." 

His blue eyes narrowed at me. “I'm here to see if my friends are here. They all disappeared."

“They aren't just your friends, they're my friends too," I said, not slurring my words for once. “Please leave. I'm having a good time with my friends." 

He looked like he was getting a little mad. But I didn't care. Before I could blink he had pushed past me and was walking further into my flat. I shut the door and followed after him. 

“Hey! I didn't let you in here! That's called trespassing! Rossy, he's trespassing!" At my words she glared at Louis. “Get out of here Tomlinson, we don't like you."

“Love, that's not nice," Zayn spoke. Rossy scoffed. “He broke Scars heart. He deserves to be worse then disliked." That made everyone look at Rossy and me with questioning stares. 

“How did he break your--NO! Louis, I don't wanna go home!" Harry shouted as Louis tried to coax him up. Louis resorted too  force. He hooked his arms under Harry's armpits and tried to pull him up but Harry went limp. His head lolled to the side while his arms just hung there. Now can you picture that? Funniest thing I've seen in a while...well besides Rossy and her coughing fit earlier. 

“Look it," I laughed. “He looks like a little puppet. A Napoleon Dynamite puppet."

“I'm sexier then Napoleon Dynamite," Harry burst, his body still limp. “Lou, I'm not moving until you apologize to my Baby doll."

Louis dropped Harry making him fall back into the couch still limp. Retard. He came over and grabbed my hand, pulling me toward the balcony. Where is he taking me? I tried pulling my hand from his but his grip was too tight. 

“Quit Let-Scarlett, I just want to talk to you," he said. He pulled open the sliding glass door and let me go out, then shut the door. “What do you want Louis?"

He stared up at the dark night sky, not answering. I sat down in the chair I had out there and pulled my knees to my chest. 

“I'm sorry for hurting you the way I did."

I rolled my eyes. Two years later. “A little late don't you think Tommo?" His head snapped in my direction. A small smile appeared on his face. “You called me Tommo," he murmured. 

Did I? Did I call him by the nickname I gave him when we were kids? No, I couldn't have. I didn't call him that. There was no way. 

“I love when you call me that." He moved to crouch infront of me, brushing some hair out of my eyes. “Just like I love you."

What?
♠ ♠ ♠
Mostly fillerish. I would love if you guys would check out my joint 1D story, Heart Vacancy. I would love you guys forever and ever! :D Didn't spell check so if there's any mistakes ignore them.

Image