Road to Hell

Sherry

"What the fuck?"

Shauna tried to start Dodge but he wouldn't start at all. I assumed the battery was dead or we were out of gas but Dodge had almost a full tank and the lights inside the car were working.

The fog was getting deeper and I didn't fancy leaving the car to head back to that creepy cafe, but, I didn't quite fancy staying inside the car in the middle of nowhere. It looked as if Shauna and I had no choice.

"Shawnie," I said anxiously, "I think we might need to go back to that cafe and get help in the morning..."

Shauna nodded, but we didn't leave Dodge just yet. She tried a few more times and made sure that he wasn't for moving. I got out of the car and made my way to the boot, shivering in the cold. Grabbing a few things out of the back of Dodge and changing my shoes, I made sure that my expensive laptop was well-hidden and that my sister had a change of clothes and shoes too. I didn't feel to great about leaving my laptop in the back of Dodge, but there was no space for it in my handbag and I was sure that it would get stolen inside the cafe. Atleast with Dodge we had some security.

"Did you get everything that we might need?" Shauna asked, sighing. She didn't like this at all, and I sure as hell didn't want to go back to that creepy cafe. I took my sister's hand and we wandered back the way we had came, the fog thick and heavy, hanging in the air around us.

Image

After wandering for what seemed like hours, but in reality was probably just about fifteen minutes, we came to what looked like the cafe we had been in earlier.

"Did... did the cafe look like this before?" Shauna whispered, and I shook my head. When we had left the cafe parking lot was full of cars, but now it was full with what appeared to be tombstones. Shauna gasped as the cafe door flung open and we braced ourselves. A gust of wind hit us from behind, almost as if it was pushing us towards the cafe.

I gripped my sister's hand firmly and we walked towards the door of the cafe, maybe this was all a dream and maybe we.... the door vanished in front of our eyes and warped into a bridge.

Two kittens, perched on both sides of the bridges' railings meowed, their blue and green eyes fiercely boring into our own.

"Shawnie..." I whispered, and at the exact same time my twin whispered my name. I turned to face her, Shauna's bottom lip was trembling and it looked like she was going to cry. I squeezed her hand and tried to maintain my composure. I don't cry. I don't cry. I repeated over and over in my head to myself. Hell, I hadn't cried ever since Rhys screwed me about for a year. And even at that I cried on the night he did it, and only that night. Thinking about Rhys made a lump appear in my throat, so I swallowed it and told my sister we would be okay. This was probably just some fucked up dream.

The kittens meowed once again, and the floor gave way underneath us.

I screamed at the same time Shauna did and held onto her hand as tight as I could as we were plunged into a world of darkness.