Status: I am no where near done writing this story, but I really want to know what other people think so far. This is just a first draft I am sure there are a lot of grammatical errors I have not gone back through and checked everything yet.

The Escape

Chapter 4

Maybe Wilton was right. Maybe she was not as bad as she seemed, and maybe the only reason she can seem so bitchy was because of how she grew up and the story Carly told me. As I walked back to my room I realized how warm the mansion was. It had been a long time since I was able to spend a night in a warm place with heat, lights, food, and clothes. I heard rain trickling down the window by the bathroom; Carly was still asleep from this afternoon. I wondered if she would wake up in a few hours and look for food. I figured she would just go into the refrigerator and find some leftovers from dinner. Although we didn’t talk and I fell asleep a few moments after laying down in bed, I was glad there was someone else in the room with me. It reminded me of when I was little and shared a room with my younger sister.
We would stay up late at night lying in bed talking and giggling. Our younger brother would always get upset that we had each other to talk to at night and he was alone. We would stay up talking about the different games we played that day or something funny we saw, but most of the time we stayed up talking about what our parents were doing and why they were fighting. As I laid in bed listening to the rain I wondered what my brother and sister were doing. The last thing I had heard my sister moved out leaving my little brother and my mother alone. I knew she was going to move in with a friend of hers and the last thing I knew she was being interviewed for a job at some big corporation.
After a few days I started to feel more comfortable at the shelter with everyone. Cynthia was still a little rude at times, and I thought she had something against me but for the most part she sort of just ignored me. I spent most of my time with Wilton and Carly, once in a while peter would come sit with us after dinner. We all went and sat out on the deck and drank some wine. I did not drink but I would go sit with them and pretend to drink. It wasn’t that they would pressure me to drink but I already was an outcast because I was new, and when I told Carly that I didn’t drink and wasn’t a very social person she looked at me like I was crazy. I figured I should start practicing or figuring out a way to fake it so that when Cynthia did finally give me a client list I would be able to make some money.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so this is as far as I have gotten with this story please tell me what you think so far.