Stay With Me

One

I glanced at the scoreboard. 5-5. Briere had the puck next to his stick. I bit my lip nervously as the one Rangers guy tailed on him.

"Come on Briere," I murmured, "you can do this." He got to the Rangers goalkeeper. Giroux flew over to him. I stood up, with everyone else, as Briere shot the game winning goal. The horn blew as I wooped, throwing my arms in the air. Matt grabbed me into a bear hug.

"They won!" he screamed. They were going into the final series of the Stanley Cup playoffs. My legs kicked in excitement. I kissed his cheek, then he sat me down. They would be playing the LA Kings. I had faith that the Flyers would win the cup. I looked down at my Flyers-supportive outfit: black flip flops(it's June ok), holey skinny jeans and, of course, a Briere jersey. I was torn between Briere and Giroux. So, I'm going to wear Giroux's tomorrow. I glanced up and saw the rows filing out of the stadium. I shrugged and grabbed my purse from under the seat.

"Let's go Matt," I commented pulling his arm before he would get sidetracked. We walked through the orange and black crowd. I saw some puck bunnies, which made me roll my eyes. Matt grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the door. I opened it, and walked out into the humid June night.

"I'll go get the car," Matt commented before leaving me outside of the stadium. At least I wouldn't have to search for the car... wherever it may be. I looked around trying to find my usual bench. I grabbed my phone out of my purse and called Tommy.

"Sorry I missed your call, I'm either: drunk, watching a sports game, sleeping or with a girl. Leave a message, and I'll probably call you back. Peace." Oh Tommy, the usual beep lecture began as I rolled my eyes.

"'Sup, Flyers won. Briere got the winning goal after it being tied at 5. Peace!" I didn't say my name, he'd know it was me. Plus his caller i.d. would say it was me. I looked at the bench I always sit on. I looked at my phone. Humph. I wonder if any guys are gonna walk out by me. I rolled my eyes as I thought of the last time I came to a Flyers game.

I looked down at my phone as a group of drunken Bruins fans walked by me.

"Look at that sweet thang. Too bad she's a Flyers fan," his arm pointed to me and I raised my brow at him. Cute bro, cute.

"Do you wanna keep slurring your words while you're trying to look all big and bad in front of your friends or do you wanna go on your merry way and leave me alone?" I asked facetiously.

"Ooh, that little thing has a mouth!" his friends yelled. I rolled my eyes.


I glanced up and saw Matt standing in front of me with a nervous look on his face.

"What?" I asked quietly.

"It...broke." his voice was quiet. My mouth fell to the ground.

"Awesome." I snapped. I stood up and handed him my bag.

"I love you Alli," he said as I got to the hood of the car.

"Love you too Matt," I spoke popping it up. I looked at it.

"Gas is full," I murmured. I filled it up before the game started. I saw the faint steam, smooth Matt.

"Over heated." I walked back over to the bench. Matt sat on the bench and wrapped his arm around my shoulder as he placed my bag in my lap. It was late, and I was tired. I wanted to be in bed. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! This is my first hockey related fan fiction that I've written? I wrote the first two chapters for my creative writing class. But, since they're so long I decided to break the chapters up and then start writing again after I post them... if that made any sense.

Please know that in this story, I'm not using real games. Like, they didn't play the Rangers in the playoffs this year. So, yeah. Just a heads up.