‹ Prequel: Can't Stop Lovin' You
Status: Active

Where Have You Been?

#1

“Savannah, I know we’ve been having a rough time, and I'm sorry I couldn’t find a way to figure this whole thing out earlier. I should never have stopped looking for you.” Jack said as he knelt down before Savannah.

Kneeling down in front of his mom, Jack didn’t seem to care about what Joyce would’ve thought or what Savannah would’ve said. He just knelt down before the girl that was now in front of him.

“What are you doing, Jack?” Savannah asked, almost whispering as she took a quick look behind her back, just to make sure Shane doesn’t notice.

“Screw everything, man. Tell me, are you going to marry me? I mean, will you let me stay with you and our precious little boy over there?” Jack said in a breath as Joyce smiled.

“Do I have any other choice than a yes?” Savannah smiled.

Jack put on his famous grin as he stood up and hugged Savannah tight. Not speaking any word, letting the moment speaks for itself. Jack wished he could just hug Shane tight and told him he was his son. That Jack is the person Shane had been missing in the past four years of his life. Jack didn’t want to wait to call the boy ‘son’ but in all the odds, he knew he had to.

---

Jack, Savannah, and Shane had just finished their dinner back at Savannah’s place. Jack was extremely happy with the fact he just spent the whole day with his four years old son, even though he couldn’t officially call him son just yet. Not until Shane gets older and closer to Jack.

“Mom, I’ll get ready for bed now. Uncle Jack, will you tell me a bed time story?” Shane asked as he jumped out of his seat.

“Shane, you’re not supposed to ask…” Savannah said, but cut off before she even finished her sentence.

“A stranger to tell him a bedtime story? Seriously, Van? I’ll help you getting ready before I tell you the most amazing bed time story.” Jack grinned as he lifted the little guy and made their way to the Shane’s room.

Seeing how Jack and Shane became so close in no time, all the worries Savannah kept inside of her for the past four years just disappear into the thin air. She was living weightless, by the moment. And to live without any secrets to hide or someone to runaway from is exactly the thing she needed for one good moment.

As Shane fell asleep on Jack’s story about the McAllister family who accidentally left their 8 year old son, Kevin, to France. Savannah couldn’t help but to giggle when Jack realized that Shane was already asleep when he was only half way through the whole story.

“Goodnight, son.” Jack whispered giving Shane his goodnight kiss on the forehead.

“You just told my son a story about your favorite movie…” Savannah crossed her hands in front of his chest the second Jack closed the door.

Jack scoffed the moment he heard what Savannah said as he stare at the girl standing in front of him. Not saying any word until Savannah realized the mistake she did.

“Fine, our son.” Savannah cleared her throat. “I’m still not used to share him with someone. A guy, especially.”

“Get used to it. And home alone is the best story you can ever tell your child.” Jack smiled as he kissed Savannah on her forehead as he walked toward the front door.

“Where are you going?” Savannah asked as she walked faster, almost running, toward Jack.

“I’m going home! I know home is where you’re actually at, but, for now, we cant live together. Not until we’re married and Shane knows the truth. But don’t worry! I will be the first one to ring the doorbell tomorrow morning.” Jack grinned as he waved.

“Anyways, Riley and I have to deal some stuff for my mother’s boutique. So I don’t think I can keep Shane accompany tomorrow.”

“I’ll take care of him. But maybe I’ll ask the boys’ help. I’m so glad you get to be busy and I get to keep Shane for myself.” Jack grinned as he ran back toward the door and gave Savannah a light kiss.

“Goodnight, Jack.” Savannah smiled as she locked the door to hear Jack started his car’s engine and drove away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise I will fix the layout and everything.. However, enjoy!

-Amelia