Status: I have not written much for this story but I wanted to post what I have so far, I also have not done any editing for this story yet.

Sibling Rivilary

Chapter 4

I should have known then. I should have figured it out and put an end to everything right then and there. If I had Amy would have been by my side as I approached the alter, she would have been there to help me pick out a dress and shoes like she always did when we were younger. Then again if I had put a stop to it all right then and there I would have my sister, but I would not be getting married.
The weather that night was just as wonderful as it was earlier, the sky was clear and there were several sparkling stars hanging above me as I laid on my Father’s hammock listening to my I pod. The light from the kitchen was shining through the window. I could see my Father sitting at the table with my Mother standing next to him shaking her head. They spent the entire afternoon arguing about how to pay for the house and whether or not they should tell my Brother and Sister.
There were just a few more months before my tuition money was due and they needed to pay all this money out to keep the house. My Mother hoped that by re opening my Grandmother’s shop she would be able to make some extra money to help pay for the electric bills, but the store was not making enough. If anything it was only adding on more for my Mother to stress about. I was glad to be outside and away from the tension that was obviously building in the Kitchen.
Swaying slowly back and forth I turned my music up and closed my eyes. It was calming and peaceful. Until Amy came running out the door, “Olivia your friends Elizabeth and Alexis are here.” Elizabeth and Alexis were my friends from High School. We were extremely close, but once I left for school it made it difficult to stay in touch. Alexis came and gave me a huge hug, and Elizabeth sat down on the hammock next to me. We all sat together talking and laughing. It was as if we had just seen each other the day before. Alexis who was a senior in High School updated Elizabeth and I on all of the drama going on at High School. Elizabeth was a sophomore in college. Once Alexis finished telling us who was dating who and where she bought her new outfit Elizabeth began talking about her finals and how she joined a new club at school. It was great being able to spend time with them again. When the three of us were together we had so much fun. Alexis was the energetic fashionistia, Elizabeth was the smart one in the group. She was the most logical out of all of us, and I was the quiet writer.
After about an hour of non- stop laughing and joking around Amy reappeared outside. Elizabeth, Alexis and I all caught our breaths as Amy walked up to us.
“Olivia, can I borrow your long silver earrings? The ya know.. the ones you never wear?”
“The ones Mom gave me for Christmas?”
“Yes! Don’t you think they would match perfectly with my dress?”
“I don’t know, but yeah sure take them. What do you want them for anyway?”
“Christian is taking me to the fair!”
I had forgotten that every year there was a huge town fair held the week of Thanksgiving. I never actually had been to the fair, but supposedly it was a really nice event. The fairgrounds covered a good portion of town, and the streets were lined with booths that sold things like jewelry, scarfs, decorations and food. There were carnival rides for children, cotton candy, and games where you can win giant stuffed animals. There was also the famous music contest that was held every year. The winner would get a day in a record studio and 200 dollars. Amy had told me that Christian was rich, so it surprised me that he wasn’t taking her out to some big fancy restaurant or to some Broadway play.