Status: Active ❤

One Body, Two Souls

The Audition

"Take care of the house, will you? Try not to mess it up, kay?"

I say that to my dog. Yeah, you might think I'm crazy, but I'm not. I'm only a girl who decided to live by herself in California. That's right, be jelly. Oh anyways, I leave my dog in the house by herself and pray that she will be good while I'm gone. I am going to an audition nearby. Wait. Have I introduced myself to all of you yet?

So, my name is Ashley Lynn Greene. I'm 24, I used to live in United Kingdom, then decided to move to USA when I was 22. And, I'm a drummer. What I meant by an audition earlier was, a band is looking for a new drummer. And I am gonna be one of the participants, cool huh? Oh, the band is my favorite. They're called Avenged Sevenfold. Sounds familiar? Yeah. They're phenomenal these days, and I hope to be their new drummer since their former drummer passed away. I was so sad to hear that my inspiration had passed away. Now I'm gonna try to continue his legacy with the band, wish me luck.

I'm in the audition line already, and I can see that not many people are here. There are only 5 or 6 contenders waiting in line. I'm number 4. My heart pounds as I listen to some of their songs, so that I'll be well prepared for my audition.
My turn comes. I step inside the audition room, and there. 5 gorgeous men sitting, discussing something.

"Hi," is all I say. Silly me.

"Hi, Ashley. Woa, you're the only girl in this audition. Nice to see you, I'm Brian a.k.a Synyster Gates." Damn, Brian. I know who you are, no need to tell me.

"This is Matt," he pointed to a man sitting to his right, "this is Zacky," he pointed to the left.
"next to Zack there's Johnny, and the last one is Jason Berry," he explains as I wave to each one of them.

"So, Ashley. Do you know any random things about us?" finally Zacky speaks.

"Uh, I know that Mike Portnoy helped you guys back in 2010. Arin, your former drummer, left for some reason. And, ask me something. I'll try my best to answer it," I reply.

"Let's keep the interview session for later. I can't wait to see her play the drums!" Jason says. Yeah right Jason. You made me even more nervous.

"Alright. Play us some random patterns, then we'll ask you to play 2 of our songs, and lastly it'll be the reading session. Is that okay with you?" Zacky says. Oh god, his gorgeous eyes.

"Sure, no problem at all, sir," I nod and walk straight to the drum seat.

I make myself comfortable on it, and I ask them if I can play now. They nod, so I start.

And here comes the part that I haven't told you guys about yet. I uh, have Jimmy's soul inside of me. So whenever I ask him to come out and help me to sort things out with the drums, he'll be me. And right now, is one of those times when I need him. I figured that I had Jimmy's soul since the day he passed. I had a very weird dream that night, and in the morning, when I had my drumming session, a voice that wasn't mine spoke inside my head when I was talking at the same time! And yeah, I enjoyed his presence. A lot.

So, I start to talk to Jimmy, which looks like I am talking to myself. But I'm not.

'Jim, come out and help me with this. I know I can do it, but I'm sure you miss your friends right? Now come out!' Without hesitation, he takes over my body immediately, and I become Jimmy.

Do you want to know how to recognize me as Jimmy or Ashley? Well, I have a pair of bright green eyes. And when I change into Jimmy, my eyes will become blue. Simple, right?

So, I start to play some patterns. Then I give some simple fill-ins, and when I feel that I'm ready, I start to play a little bit faster and with advanced patterns and fill-ins. I take a peek at the guys, they all have the same expression on their faces. Their jaws have dropped. Yep, I am so so happy to see that. When I feel that it's time to stop, I reduce my speed and stop playing. They all seem like they are still trying to digest all of this shit. I clear my throat, and they all snap back reality again.

"Wow. that's all I'm gonna say." I smirk as Jason says that.

"Let's uh, continue to the jamming session. Shall we?" Johnny speaks up and gets up from his seat. Yay, jamming session with A7X! This has been my dream ever since I started listening to them.

They set up their instruments, and Matt says, "we'll try Nightmare. Then 2 other songs will be free, you can choose by yourself." I nod, and the background sound of nightmare starts. It gives me chills every now and then, wow. And there, the jamming session has started. We play through the whole song, a fucking blast for me.

"You fucking rule, girl!" Brian yells. Haha, very funny Brian.

"Damn, that was awesome. Now Ashley, choose 2 songs!" Matt speaks, again, with a huge grin on his face. Those dimples, dang.

"Uh, let me choose one. Then you guys can choose the other one, fair enough?"

"Fair enough" the 4 men say all at once.

"Cool, I'm gonna go with... Beast and The Harlot" I smirk cockily, ha! They don't know who I am right now. I'm not Ashley, I'm Jimmy.

"Woa, starting to show some skills off huh? Let's start then!" Brian says as I start to countdown to the intro. And BAM! I kill the room right there. When I play the solo, they are all like, 'what is she? A god?' haha, that's pretty funny though. After playing it, I am still trying to catch my breath.

"Fuck, Ashley, are you a god or something?" see? I want to laugh but I can't.

"I'm a human, Brian."

"I'VE CHOSEN A SONG! But you have to play it by yourself, it's Save Me. We're going to see how well you play it," Zacky speaks with pride in his eyes. What the heck? The song is like 11 minutes long! But, I'll do anything so... I nod, and the background music starts. I end up playing it successfully. It was so sick that I can't believe I did that haha!

The rest of the audition goes by so quickly, and I think that I might be the chosen one, since they said, "you kicked our asses just now! Your reading was perfect, everything! You have to wait for 2 days. If you receive a phone call from us, that means you're with us!" damn, this is the best day of my life and I can't wait for another 48 hours to know the result.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for my lateness! I got so busy yesterday :( but hey, I updated the first chapter! Credits goes to SquirrelG cuz she's awesome! Comments please, I don't really appreciate silent readers :P but hey, thanks for reading ;D