Status: Active ❤

One Body, Two Souls

Drummer's Throne

Brian's P.O.V

It was so disappointing to know that Arin had actually felt uncomfortable with us and decided to leave. We tried our best not to mess with him, since our tradition with new kids was to always try 'nasty' kinds of pranks on them.  I liked Arin, he was cool. Too bad, he was not for us. 

It was so fucking hard to lose my best friend 2 years ago. He was also my band's drummer. We wasted quite a lot of time mourning over his death, until we were strong enough to move on and find ourselves a new drummer who we thought would work with us for the rest of his life. I still don't really understand why he left. We are famous, we are phenomenal, we have a lot of fans, and we earn lots of money. I see nothing wrong with that. In fact, I am seeing the opposite. Did we do something wrong to him? I don't give a fuck anyway, he made everything so much harder. Ugh, sometimes I think of quitting the band and having a peaceful life with children and my wife, Michelle. 

Anyways, 3 weeks after he left, we decided to hold an audition to find out who was gonna be our next drummer. This was the second time we'd held an audition for a new drummer to work with us. And I was pretty excited to do this, because it was a great opportunity to meet other cool and talented kids. 

We announced the audition and important information regarding the audition through the internet. Thank you for your existence, internet. Surprisingly, the number of contenders were overloaded and we tried to sort out the list by online auditioning. We ended up with 6 of the best contenders. They had to come in for the real audition, which was held yesterday. 

It was just like the other audition, when we found Arin to be a beast of a drummer. The contenders have to do what we - I mean Matt, Zacky, Johnny, Jason, and I - were asking them. But thank god, we only had 6 contenders! It was kind of boring for me, I never really liked to be the one who sat and did nothing but watch them play. The jamming session will always be my favorite part of an audition, and fuck yeah, I love those kids. They all know how to make me smile.

The audition was actually fine, not oh-so-boring-as-all-hell I thought it was going to be! There was nothing rea- OH! There was a girl, and she was the one and only girl who made it to the big 6. I can tell you, she was so awesome in the audition! And her performance made us argue over who was worth the drummer's position right now.

"But I like contender number 5! Who's that guy? Marco?" Jason speaks as he re-opens contender number 5's files.

"Cut it off, Jay! Four of us all agree to go with Ashley! Contender number 4!" Matt slams a bunch of files onto the desk, which are Ashley's files. 

Jason takes out all of the files and re-reads the backgroud information of Ashley and Marco. Zacky, Johnny, and I have been so quiet in this argument. But hey, I totally want Ashley to work with us.

"To make sure you guys don't take in the wrong person, let's all watch the audition videos again, yeah?" we sigh in defeat, but nod anyways. So we watch the videos for the thousandth time. 

We watch the videos very carefully, especially when it comes to Ashley's video. Ashley's is probably the longest one, and it's definitely not a boring video! It makes me laugh sometimes, to see how cute and adorable she was in the audition. Not that I like her that way, I have a wife! But yeah, she is cute and actually really fucking good on the drums. She impressed me in every way in her audition yesterday. She deserves A7X's new drummer throne. 

After we watched all the videos, Jason asks, "so, you change your mind?" 

We all answer by nodding our heads. 

Oh right. Do you guys know who this Jason guy is? If you're our die hard fan, I bet you know him. He is Jason Berry, our drum tech and our best friend. He's been working with us since the day we started to play big shows. He's a stubborn guy, and that stubbornness is magnified even more right now. I want to just tackle him and make him give up already. 

"Now, raise your hand and say which contender is worthy of being the new drummer. In one, two th-" Jason doesn't finish speaking because the four of us cut him off by saying:

"ASHLEY!"

More like yelling, actually. It's funny because the four of us yell out her name in unison. And Jason is left there, standing with his jaw dropped. Ha! Take that, Jay! 

"Fucking hell, what's so special about her anyways? I know Ashley is a she and she's pretty, but really? A girl for Avenged Sevenfold? Tell me the reasons why you guys want her so bad!" Jason sighs and rubs his eyes with his palms.

"Well, first of all... She kicked our asses yesterday, read those notes perfectly, and knew a lot about us. Plus, I saw a different passion in her eyes. The other contenders had set their eyes on fame and money, but she, she had this passion for 'continuing Jimmy's Legacy' in her eyes and I can't deny that I want her in the band so badly." Matt says. What a fucking clever guy. 

"Make sense. Who else gonna speak up about her?" 

"I love her. That's it" Johnny responds. Fuck that Gnome. 

"Nuh-uh not enough. I need mo-" 

"She's different, Jay! Can't you fucking see it? I don't really understand what's different about her, but she just is! I bet that something in her is going to surprise all of us! What's wrong with A7X having a girl as a member? That doesn't fucking matter! If we think that she deserves this position, so let it be hers! And I think she definitely deserves this. Is this enough, Jay?" Zacky spats, probably annoyed by how Jason keeps wanting the Marco guy. Fuck off already, Jay. Jason actually remains silent for a couple of minutes until he speaks up once again.

"Fuck, how about you? Zacky, Matt, and Johnny have all told me their reasons for choosing Ashley. Brian?" Jason asks, tired of the argument already. I speak up:

"My reasons are almost the same with Zacky and the others. Let's just say, welcome to the fucking family dear Ashley. Are we done? Because I'm tired, and I'm gonna head home now. Bye!" there, I've said it. I get up from where I sit and actually leave. Not so long after my departure, I smile down at my phone when I read a text from Matt. 

'We got her, Jason finally surrendered. We're going to call her tomorrow and spread this awesome news to our fans ASAP.'
♠ ♠ ♠
Still very short huh? My apology, I'm new in writing this kind of thing so... Comment is all I need ❤ credit goes to SquirrelG again! XD