Status: indefinite hiatus

We Owned the Night

Chapter 2

After Matt arrived, the party really started. More and more people showed up, the sun went down and the fire went up. I was having a blast, although I hadn't talked to Matt at all. Erica had found some of her other friends, so now it was just Bianca and I. I was sitting on a crate that was digging into my ass while Bianca was seated on the ground, on top of her sweater. As I got tipsier, I also got braver and was almost ready to actually have a conversation with Matt, when Bianca's friend walked up to us.

"Hey, how's it going?" She shouted out, smiling like she always did and hugging him. Bianca was a very friendly girl; she was known by everyone... mostly for being a little annoying, though. "Have you talked to Justin lately?"

Justin was Bianca's long time boyfriend. They started dating right after my ex and I started, which was almost two years ago from that time. They made a cute couple, both of them being so tiny.

"Nah, I haven't talked to him in a while. How's he doing?" He replied, glancing a little over at me and then facing Bianca again.

I was used to boys checking me out. Not that I was full of myself, but I was told by many people that there was a certain cuteness to me that attracted boys. I didn't mind, or anything. In fact, I usually used it to my advantage. That is, before I met Tylor - my ex - and lost all contact with the world.

"He's doing good. Why don't you text him and tell him to come here?" She asked him. I knew very well that this was all just a ploy to get her boyfriend to get his ass over to the party and hang out with her; she just didn't want to ask him herself.

He looked a little confused, "I don't have his number, dude,"

"Oh! Well do you want me to call him?" Her eagerness was very obvious.

"Yeah sure, tell me what he says," He said, then was gone to some other circle of people.

Once he was gone, I gave her a very stern look and said "What are you doing? He's not supposed to come, anyway,"

"Yeah I know, but they haven't seen each other in a while!"

One thing about Bianca was that she was very stubborn, and she never gave up until she got what she wanted. As cousins, I knew her better than any of her other friends, seeing as we grew up together. We never left each other's sides as kids, even though we went to different schools. If she hadn't been my cousin, I probably wouldn't have liked her. She was the type of girl that I usually actually disliked; skinny, flirty and quite ditsy. She wasn't shallow though, which was pretty obvious considering she hung out with Erica, who was the complete opposite of her; chubby, quiet and never been kissed...

As she started to dial Justin’s number, I rolled my eyes and realized that my night wasn't going to happen as planned. Glancing over at Matt for what I knew was going to be the last time, I sighed.

"Well then just come for an hour, I promise there won't be any drama!" I heard her begging him, and I knew how this conversation was going. "Please, Justin, just for an hour...?" She begged again. I heard his voice slightly coming from the other end, and then she shouted at him for a bit and hung up.

"What happened?" I asked, just trying to be a good friend even though I already knew what happened.

"He's such a fucking asshole; he won't even come here for an hour! All he does is stay in his bedroom and watch TV and sleep!" Tears were starting to form in her eyes, and I gave her a sad look.

"Can you say Tylor...?" I quietly said, remembering when he and I would have fights just like this one and how he always won in the end.

"I know! They're just like each other. God, I should just break up with him!" She looked at me very seriously, and continued. "Can we just walk there? I need to get a sweater anyway, and I promise it'll only take five minute!"

Even though I knew that's not how it would go, I said yes anyway. I knew very well how it was to be caught in that kind of relationship, and how irrational we girls could behave.