Status: WorkInProgress.

Beautiful Beautiful

Chapter 1.

“Kota! Stop. I’m not pretty. We all know it, so stop lying.” Katarzyna slapped my arm.

I scoffed and looked down at the clock.

“Hey, it’s 11:11… Make a wish.” I smiled at her.

I wish you’ll love yourself more. See what you never see about yourself and do things for yourself.

“What’d you wish for?” Zyna asked, pouncing on me.

“Nothing… I can’t tell you.”

“Come on, not that old superstition again. Tell me.” She whined.

“Fine… I, uh, wished we’d finally kiss.” I laughed softly.

“I wished I was beautiful… Like Hilary Duff, or Ava Gardener… She’s the prettiest girl at school…” She mumbled before laying her head on my shoulder.

“You are beautiful, more so than Ava, or Hilary Duff.” I kissed her softly.

“You’re sweet, but you’re lying.” She smiled and stood.

“It’s late… I should go…” She kissed my forehead and slid out my bedroom door.

I fell back onto my bed and sighed, watching the second hand on the clock move.

About 5 minutes later, there was a soft knock on the door.

“Lakota? Katarzyna just left in tears, what happened?” My sister, Lucetta, opened my door.

“Have no clue… She’s been upset lately… Earlier she was arguing with me about whether or not she was pretty… She even wished to be beautiful for her 11:11 wish… She’s worrying me.” I ran my hand down my face. “I’m gonna try to get some sleep. Night.”