That Girl

Sienna

It was the first class we had together after break and he was there early for some reason. I walked in with Ashley and he was smiling at me, I lifted the bag I was carrying and dumped out a lot of little pieces of paper. I sat down and smirked, "can we safely say I win?"

He opened up one of the folded papers and raised his eyebrow, "I guess my it's good to know, my girlfriend is overly competitive."

I held my breath as my cheeks blew up letting the word girlfriend pass and then I shrugged, "yeah, you should get used to it because I always win."

"Seriously," Ashley turned back, "she always wins, even if she's wrong she will persistently argue until you just give up and then she'll be like, SEE I'M RIGHT." She shook her head and turned forward, "she's crazy."

"I've gathered as much," he grabbed a handful, "not that this game isn't fun, but I don't know how I'm supposed to take it."

I shrugged, "take it in humble defeat."

"Yeah," he huffed, "alright." He put it all back into the bag and slouched back into his seat. I bit my lip knowing I did something wrong, but class was starting and I had the whole hour or so to think of everything.

Nope, that bliss was ruined as we got into groups. So we were discussing what we had to in class and the conversation moved, as it usually did, toward food and then the other guy spun the conversation in the wrong direction by bringing us back to crazy relationships. And going around we were sharing stories. "I think I can easily say I've never been in a relationship long enough to be crazy or witness craziness," I smiled.

Ashley nodded, "she's the crazy one."

"Yes," I laughed and looked at her, "because I'm the freakishly obsessive and clingy one." We both exchanged stuck out tongues and they went on.

"I know you don't have girl friends," one of the other girls looked at Michael, "but I'm sure you have some pretty good stories."

He nodded, "Oh yeah, but I've got a seriously crazy bitch right now." He leaned forward and looked at me quickly, "for the first time in a while I've been trying to be a good a better guy I guess and I'm with a girl who doesn't care and plays games."

The who asked bit her lip and looked at me, "wrong subject." It was kind of obvious that we had been seeing each other and it was even more obvious that he was talking about me.

I crossed my arms and sat back, "no please I'd love to hear this."

"Well," he said, "I think we've been unofficially together for about a month and before that we were even more unofficially together for at least a week." He looked at me and I nodded at the statement. "So I go away for a weekend to see my family, and obviously I have the opportunity to do whatever I want, but I'm like hey I really like this girl," I he looked at me. "And," he continued, "I ignored the fact that she gave me permission and stayed true, but when I come back she gives me a bag full of I don't know." He lifted the bag and handed it to one of the guys, "how many little pieces of paper do you think are in there."

I smirked, "I believe 203."

"Full of 203 numbers of other guys," he shrugged, "I'm going to take a leap and say that's pretty crazy."

I raised my hand and he pointed to me, "maybe they made a bet as to who could get the most numbers."

"Maybe I just thought she was being cute," he said, "I mean who actually does that."

I shrugged, "I think the fact that she did it was pretty cute, I mean she's just quirky."

"Besides," Ashley said, "I'd say virtually 120 of those are random numbers she made me call, and another 50 are either friends or gay. So it only leaves about 30 to worry about."

"33,"I pointed.

"You know," she looked at me, "you aren't helping yourself."

I shrugged, "well I still win, it's still 33 more than he got."

"You can't win if I don't try," he looked at me.

"A forfeit is still a win," I said.

"Can I intervene," one of the girls said, "I think you two are dysfunctional."

I laughed, "please honey, what gave you that idea, but seriously no one is functional anymore, excuse me for attempting to transcend stereotypes." this is not going well