Jimmy Sullivan Is Getting Married

Chapter Four

A month passed and still nothing happened. I’m beginning to forget about the fortune telling but Megan(and the other girls) keep reminding me of it. It seems fucking impossible to shake them off.

“You are not gonna believe this,” Zacky cried, on the phone.

“What?” I asked.

“You know that rock climbing accident Syn got himself into?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, much to myself.

“Well, the company actually felt so bad for him that they are giving him a full refund.” Zacky explained.

“And why are you telling this to me exactly?”

“Don’t you see it? The company’s giving him a refund. He’s getting money. Money that he has come into with the dog in tow, which Mrs Sheridon specifically asked him to buy.”

“You’re right, I don’t believe it.” I replied, shaking my head.

“This is crazy, Vengeance,” I continued, “You don’t actually believe that the dog brought in good fortune, do you?”

“You gotta think of the facts, man. I mean, after the dog arrived, everyone seemed to be happy. Isn’t that showing that good fortune would come knocking on your door?”

“I’ll believe it when it actually happens to me, thank you very much.”

“Fine then. Think what you want, do what you want. I’m never speaking to you again!”He said in a high pitched tone and the line was disconnected.

I laughed.

“What’s so funny?”

I almost jumped when I heard the voice behind me.

“There’s actually a thing called the front door. Knock it and I’ll let you in.” I said grimly to the owner of the voice.

Megan smirked, “Why? You’ve been hiding a wife in your closet or something?”

I rolled my eyes.

“Why are you here?” I asked as I walked down to my kitchen.

She shrugged, “Don’t know. Haven’t visited you for a while, I thought of dropping by and say hello.”

I narrowed my eyes, she doesn’t ever drop by without a reason.

“You’re keeping something from me.”

She shook her head vigorously, giving me and angelic smile.

She is deffinitely keeping something from me.

“What is it Megan?”

“Nothing!” She squeaked, backing away.

I chased her out to the living room when I finally caught her in a tight embrace.
Her feet was in my face and her hands were wrestling my feet.

“I fucking win, now tell me about it.” I tightened my feet around her neck.

“Shit, Jimmy, we’re acting like we’re three for fuck’s sakes.” She said, gasping for air.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, “Fine, but you gotta tell me if I let you go. Cross your heart.”

She nodded, “Yeah, yeah, cross my heart and hope to go to hell, now go to hell!”

I let her go and chuckeled.

“You can never beat the Knife Master!” I said, atempting humour.

“Fuck you, Sullivan.”

“Babe, if I were you… You know what, never mind.”

She laughed.

“So, what is it that is oh-so-very-important that you came over here and not want to tell me?” I asked.

There was a long pause before she spoke.

“Uhh.. well, don’t be mad at me when I say this, promise?”

This must be bad.

“What’d you do this time, Meg?”

She bit her lip, “Well… you’re turning twenty seven in a couple of days, so I thought since Mrs Whatever-the-hell-her-name-is has predicted that you’re getting married in a year.. well, I signed you up on a match making agency."

You did what?!” I screeched. How could she?

“Wait, before you get into your raging whatever, I must tell you this. It’s not even an agency. You know our old friend Jane from high school, right?”

I nodded, still filled with rage.

“Well, she just opened up a business, matchmaking, that is. It was passed down to her by her late grandmum and it wasn’t going so well so…”

“So you got me into it without consulting me first?” I finished her sentence for her.

“Oh, come on, just for the fun of it. I’ll pay for, all expenses on me. It’s to help her out, and you of course. You gotta find a wife, Jim.” She said, patting me on the back.

“Have fun, yeah have fun. That’s what the guys told me when I visited that gypsy, and now this. I’ve had enough of shit man, I’m tired of people trying to get me to have fun. And what is the cause effect after that? I don’t have fun! You guys should really stop meddling in my persoanl affairs because sometimes, you cross the line. Like now.”

Her smile faded and her head fell.

I looked away from her as she made her way to my front door.
She slammed it, hard, giving me notice that she had departed.

No one, I repeat no one has control over my life. I really do appreciate it, what they have done. They say that I need a little fun, and little risk in my life. But who decides it for me? Not me, I get pushed and proded into it and I feel that my life has become another person’s. A person that has so much on his hands that he has nothing left to do on his own since everyone’s making fucking decsisions for him.

Life fucks you in the ass each and every fucking time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?