Status: It's baaack!

Dirty Little Secret

twenty-three

Another month went by and it was March now. It was finally getting warm outside, yet I was sitting in my room with nothing to do. “I really wish you would come over right now and hang out with me,” I sighed, lying down on my bed with my head hanging off. “I’m so bored.”

“I’m sorry. I told the football guys I’d hang out with them, as much as I don’t want to. I don’t want to be the only one not there,” Zack apologized.

“Screw them, I’m better. And I put out.”

Zack laughed, “I see that by ‘I’m bored,’ you meant ‘I’m horny.’”

“I’d be horny if you were here,” I replied shamelessly.

“Well I’m not, so get that boner down right now, babe.”

“I mean, phone sex works just as well. It’s just a little more inconvenient,” I mused.

“Jesus Christ, Jack,” Zack spluttered, and I giggled.

I glanced up at my door and my breath caught in my throat when I saw that it was open, Alex standing in the doorway looking surprised and amused. “Oh my god. I have to go. Bye.”

I hung up the phone and shoved it into my pocket, and Alex grinned at me. “Hot damn, Jacky. Who were you on the phone with?” he practically squealed, shutting my door and jumping onto the bed.

“How much did you hear? And how the hell did you get into my house?” I demanded.

Alex shrugged, “Door was unlocked. I heard everything from the word horny on, so don’t even act like you weren’t flirting with someone. Spill!”

“Um…” I stalled, not sure what to tell him that wouldn’t give away that it was Zack. At least I hadn’t had him on speaker phone. “There’s this guy…”

“Well you’re gay, so obviously it’s a guy.”

“Are you going to listen to me are you going to be rude and interrupt?” I asked, frowning at him.

Alex rolled his eyes. “Go on.”

“Uh, I’ve been talking to him for a while. A few months. We’ve gotten close,” I admitted.

“Are you dating him?” Alex asked, grinning.

“Yeah, he’s my boyfriend. No one really knows about it though, and I kind of don’t want to tell anyone,” I said cautiously, and Alex squealed a little.

“Aw! You have a boyfriend!” he exclaimed, then frowned. “Why don’t you want to tell anyone? I’m your best friend!”

“Alex, no one knows he’s gay. He’s not ready to come out yet. You know what that’s like,” I tried to reason, hoping he wouldn’t get pissed at me for not telling him I had a boyfriend.

“I guess I get that. When did all this happen? How long have you been dating? Have you had sex? Well, you must have had sex if you were about to have phone sex-”

I reached over and put my hand over his mouth. “So many questions!”

“Answer them!” he said with a laugh, pushing my hand away. “I’m happy for you! You haven’t had a boyfriend in a while.”

“Okay, well, we’ve been dating for three months now. And it kind of started at that party we went to in December, Matt Flyzik’s birthday party. I may or may not have hooked up with someone,” I said, wincing when he gasped and reached out to hit me.

“Oh my god, I knew you were lying when you said you left early and got a ride home!” he exclaimed. “So it was someone at the party…”

I rolled my eyes. “You’re never going to guess who it is. And I’m not going to tell you either, so don’t start listing off names.”

“You’re horrible. I could just check your phone…” he said with a grin, moving toward me. My eyes widened and I jumped up, holding my hands out in front of me.

“Don’t you dare, Alexander.”

“Oooh, bringing out the full name. This is a juicy secret,” Alex grinned, trying to jump at me and tackle me. I ducked out of the way as he tried a few times before actually grabbing the phone.

“Alex! Seriously!” I said, pushing him back and snatching the phone. “Are you like twelve? I wasn’t kidding when I said I didn’t want you to know who it was.”

“Whatever, dude. Don’t tell your best friend who your secret boyfriend is. I get it. I won’t tell you anything either,” Alex said, shaking his head at me and walking out of my room.

“Fucking drama queen,” I muttered.

--------------------

“He almost found out,” I groaned, head in my hands. Zack and I were talking on skype later that night, having upgraded from phone calls to video calls. “I admitted that I have a boyfriend and that I hooked up with someone at that party, but he has no idea who. Or at least, I don’t think he does.”

“How did he take it?”

“He was really happy for me, and I feel horrible for not telling him. It sucks. He got mad at me when I refused to tell him and left my house. I hate it. I tell him everything but I’ve had to hide this from him,” I said miserably.

“I’m really sorry, Jack. I didn’t mean to come between you and your friends. I feel like I’m going to be the reason that you and Alex don’t speak to each other or something, and I don’t want that to happen,” Zack sighed.

I shrugged, “I mean, it’ll probably just blow over and he’ll forgive me for not telling him. He’s still gonna bug me about it, it’ll just take a few days for him to be annoyed. He’s a hothead.”

“Do you think your other friends are going to react like that?” he asked.

“Oh, hell no. Grieco and Evan will just tease me about it and Rian will try to get it out of me nicely. I’m sure they’ll be happy about it too, considering that Alex was.”

It was quiet for a minute as we just sat there, before Zack spoke up. “This whole thing is so dumb. If you were dating anyone but me you’d be perfectly fine. I’m the one messing this whole thing up because I don’t want people to know I’m gay.”

“No no no, it’s not your fault,” I assured him, shaking my head. “I’m scared to death that if my friends know that I’m dating you, they’ll never speak to me again. It’s one thing for me to have a secret boyfriend; it’s another thing entirely for you to be the secret boyfriend.”

“Thanks,” he said dryly, and I rolled my eyes.

“You know what I mean, Zack. I’m going to go to bed so I’m not a total zombie tomorrow at school. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, okay?” I said.

“Alright. I love you, Jack. Even though I suck.”

“I love you too, because you don’t suck,” I said, blowing kisses at him. He laughed, shaking his head at me before waving and disconnecting from skype. I sighed, falling back on my bed. This is so complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
...hello out there, I'm alive.

I'm seriously so sorry that I haven't posted chapters on anything in literally 7 months. It doesn't feel that long! It feels like it's only been like 3 months tops! :( My senior year was so busy and I literally haven't had time to sleep, let alone write stories. Ugh. BUT I am going to write the last few chapters of this and write the last few for Mistakes too, so that'll be next, within a week or so.
-edit- and Shelter! I have an epilogue started for Shelter too!

Hopefully there's still some readers out there waiting for this, but I don't know. Comments are lovely! ♥