Status: It's baaack!

Dirty Little Secret

twenty-two

“Guess what the day after tomorrow is?” I asked Zack cheerfully, smiling sweetly at him. We were sitting in his car, parked in front of my house. He had just driven me home and we were just talking for a few minutes.

“Saturday?” Zack asked, looking over at me.

I rolled my eyes, “Don’t be such a smartass.”

“What? Tomorrow is Friday so that means the next day is Saturday!” he protested.

“Yes, I’m glad you know your days of the week. I meant what specific day is Saturday?” I tried again. Zack shrugged and I shook my head at him. “Valentine’s Day!”

He groaned, “Oh no. Please tell me you’re not crazily obsessed with Valentine’s Day.”

“What, you don’t like Valentine’s Day?” I asked.

“Not really. I think it’s a dumb Hallmark holiday,” Zack said with a shrug.

I pouted, “I wanna celebrate it with you.”

“I’d be fine with just a blow job, really…”

“Za-ack,” I whined.

“It’s not gonna be totally mushy and extravagant, right?” he asked uncertainly.

I shook my head, “Nope.”

“Well, I guess I’ll let you do whatever you’re planning… I still think it’s a stupid holiday though,” Zack admitted.

I pouted, “But I like Valentine’s Day.”

“Well you’re cute, so it’s okay,” Zack chuckled, flicking my lower lip to make me stop pouting. “I should head home. I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay,” I said, leaning over to peck him on the lips before getting out of the car. “Bye!”

--------------------

I bounced on my toes as I looked into the mirror in the bathroom, fixing my hair so it wasn’t sticking up. It was about six o’clock and Zack should be coming over any minute now. My parents had gone out to dinner together so we would have the house to ourselves. My mom had reminded me to “be safe” and winked at me as she walked out the door, so I was kind of scarred about the fact that she knew I had a sex life. But hey, it’s not like she didn’t give me permission.

I had been telling the truth when I told Zack that I wouldn’t do anything extravagant for the day. I knew he thought it was a dumb holiday and didn’t want to celebrate, so I had stayed low-key. I had planned for us to watch movies all night up in my bedroom.

I heard the doorbell ring and I shut the bathroom light off, running downstairs and pausing to adjust my shirt before I opened the door. Zack was standing there, one hand behind his back.

“Hey,” I greeted with a smile, pecking him on the lips. “Whatcha got there?”

Zack blushed and looked down, revealing a rose he was holding behind his back. “Happy Valentine’s Day,” he said, cheeks red.

“Aww!” I nearly squealed, smiling brightly as I took the rose from him. “You’re sweet. What happened to thinking that Valentine’s Day is a stupid holiday?” I teased.

“Well, I wasn’t just going to show up here empty-handed, because God knows you probably got me something,” Zack chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. “Plus I wanted to get you something sweet. You might want to put it into water so it won’t die.”

“I will,” I said, running into the kitchen. I took one of my mom’s small vases and filled it with water, putting the rose into it and setting it on the counter. I headed back over to Zack, wrapping my arms around him in a hug.

“So what do you have planned for tonight? You never told me.”

“Kick your shoes off, we’re going upstairs. We’re going to watch movies all night and pig out on all the Valentine’s Day candy I bought from the store,” I said, pulling him upstairs with me.

He grinned, “You’re perfect.”

“I know,” I smirked, kicking my door shut behind us. Zack settled down on my bed as I put a movie into the DVD player. Once the previews were playing, I hopped onto the bed and dumped out a bag full of candy.

“This is what heaven looks like,” Zack moaned happily.

I giggled and held up a smaller bag. “Do you want to see what I got you?”

“Oh yeah. I forgot,” Zack said, and he nodded. I handed the bag over and Zack pulled out the card I had made, full of a bunch of cheesy, silly poems I found on the internet. I blushed as Zack laughed at them. “You’re crazy. These are funny.”

I chuckled and poked at the bag, “There’s more.”

Zack reached back in and pulled out a little teddy bear that was wearing a little Ravens jersey, along with a box of chocolate. “Whoa. Where’d you get this thing?”

“Found it at the store,” I said, shrugging. “I thought you’d like it because it’s Ravens related. I was going to get you a bright pink one, but…”

“This one’s perfect,” Zack laughed, leaning over and kissing me softly. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Now… I think we need to eat some of this candy and watch the movie. This is getting too cheesy,” I said, and he chuckled.

Two hours later, we were watching the second movie and had gone through half the candy. It was going to lead to a stomach ache, but neither of us really cared. I made a mental note to toss the wrappers before my mom saw, though.

“These candy hearts are so fucking cheesy,” I said with a giggle, leaning into Zack’s side. We were cuddling in the dim light of my lamp, watching the movie.

Zack picked one up, looking at it. “This one says ‘hug me.’ Lame.”

“‘My man,’” I read off from mine, looking up at him and winking. He laughed and picked up another one.

“‘Let’s kiss.’ Okay,” he said, shrugging and leaning in to kiss me. I kissed him back before smiling and picking up another one happily, having fun with this.

“‘Be mine.’ But you’re already mine,” I teased.

Zack smiled, looking at another one before holding it up for me to read. “This one’s not so bad.”

“‘I love you,’” I read off, and I blushed slightly. Did he really mean that, or was he still just being silly? Zack poked it against my lips playfully and I laughed, opening my mouth to eat the piece of candy.

“I mean it, you know. I kinda love you. I know it’s really early to be saying that, but that’s how I feel,” Zack said softly, his voice a little nervous.

I smiled up at him, feeling all warm and tingly inside at his confession. “I love you too, Zack.”

“You’re not just saying that because I am, are you?”

“Definitely not,” I assured him, shaking my head.

“Good.” Zack smiled and pulled me in for a kiss, and I let his tongue slip into my mouth so they could tangle and taste. Zack tasted like candy hearts and chocolate, unsurprisingly. We continued for a few minutes before he pulled away, pecking me on the lips lightly and sighing in content. “I really do love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww.

Sorry that it took me so long to update! I thought it had been only 2 weeks but apparently it was 3. Oops. I got behind with school and I went to see All Time Low so my life has been a little hectic. And next Saturday I take the SAT so I have to start practicing for that more. Yeesh. The joys of being a senior. I should have the next chapter up by next Sunday but it depends how busy I get.

By the way, there's not too many chapters left of this story. (I haven't typed them all so I'm not sure how many, but there's probably 5 tops. Probably 3-5.)

Also, I wrote a little Jalex one-shot that's cute but sad. It's called Forever and Always and it's based off Parachute's song.

Thanks to:
MoMo_92
SimpleAsMaya
dearmaria03
BarakittyLover
kew_atl
indibear
BeautifullyTattooed
coolstoryBrosif
f0reverbr0ken
GirlWithFlowerDress
sylarisahero
heart-of-rock
Cellophane Soldier
AriaAlive
kissmeslowly.
ninjedi69
JustThinking

for their comments! :)