Status: It's baaack!

Dirty Little Secret

seven

I was sitting in science class with my head down, bored out of my mind. We had a really pissy substitute teacher who wouldn’t let us talk in class, and she moved our seats around when we did talk. Alex had gotten moved to the front of the classroom, away from me. However, the teacher also wasn’t paying attention, so half the class was texting or sleeping. Alex was texting me from across the room, bitching about something Zack had done earlier. I was attempting to remain neutral due my little crush, tolerance, for Zack. We had turned in our project earlier this week and I was sort of bummed now that Zack and I weren’t talking or working together anymore. Zack hadn’t said anything to me since turned the project in. He hadn’t even given me a second glance.

From: Alex
He’s such a douchebag. He pushed me against a locker hard and called me a faggot. My head still hurts.

From: Jack
You sure he’s the one who did that?

From: Alex
Okay, so maybe it was Shane and Logan, but Zack was still nearby.

From: Jack
He was actually over near the water fountains when that happened, way down the hall.

From: Alex
...you saw me get shoved against a locker and you didn’t say anything?!?!

From: Jack
I really had to pee!

From: Alex
Yeah, bullshit. you’re a pussy.

From: Jack
And you’re a jackass.

From: Alex
We still hanging out after school?

From: Jack
Duh.


I suddenly saw a folded up piece of paper land on my desk and I looked around. I made eye contact with Zack and he smirked, nodding at me slightly. What was he throwing notes at me for? I unfolded the note to read it.

Meet me in the second floor bathroom ten minutes into fifth period. You AND Gaskarth.
-Zack


I looked back at Zack in confusion, but he had already rested his head back down to fall asleep again. Huh. I guess I’d have to find out what he wanted when I met up with him next period.

--------------------

It took a lot of work, but I finally convinced Alex to meet up with Zack and I during fifth period. I got a bathroom pass from my English teacher ten minutes into class and headed to the bathroom. Alex was already in there when I got there.

“I have a bad feeling that he’s gonna beat us up or something,” Alex grumbled to me.

“I doubt it,” I said, shaking my head. I knew Zack wouldn’t do that.

Zack walked into the bathroom then, looking surprised to see us, “I didn’t think you guys would actually show up.”

“Are you about to try to sell us drugs or something?” Alex asked dryly, crossing his arms.

“No. Why, do you want some?” Zack asked, and Alex looked alarmed. Zack laughed, “I’m only kidding, lighten up. I actually wanted to talk to you guys about coming to a party on Saturday.”

“I’m out of here,” Alex said immediately, trying to walk away, but I grabbed him by the arm to make him stay.

“Just hear me out, okay? Matt Flyzik is having a party this Saturday, December 5th, because it’s his birthday. You two and your little group of friends are all invited,” Zack told us.

“Why?” Alex asked suspiciously.

Zack shrugged, “Matt and Danny were talking about who would be invited and I said maybe we should invite you guys. They thought it was a great idea. I know they like you guys, so I figured it could be a chance for you guys to be friends or something. Plus I’m sure you guys don’t get invited to many parties and I thought it would be a nice thing to do.”

“This isn’t a pity invite, is it?” I demanded.

“Definitely not.”

“I feel like you’re just trying to trick us into coming so you can embarrass us and make us look like total idiots,” Alex said doubtfully.

“No, it’s a serious invitation. I promise I’m not trying to trick you guys. And Shane and Logan definitely won’t be there, so don’t worry about them. Matt doesn’t exactly like the two of them, so they weren’t invited. The other guys on the football team might be there but they have better things to do than harass you,” Zack insisted.

“I don’t know...” Alex frowned.

“I won’t try to drug you or anything. There’s gonna be alcohol there but that’s it. We invited a lot of people, so I’m sure there will be people you get along with there. This is the address, if you guys decide to come,” Zack said, looking at me as he spoke. He handed a piece of paper with the address on it to me. “The party starts at eight or so.”

“We’ll think about it,” Alex said, looking at me. I nodded in agreement.

“Alright, hopefully I’ll see you there,” Zack said with a hint of a smile on his face.

--------------------

“I hope you realize we’re not going,” Alex said, sitting down across from me at the table. We were all at his house after school, hanging out in his kitchen.

Evan nodded, “They’re definitely trying to mess with us.”

“Come on, I know the football team is full of assholes, but Matt and Danny are the nice ones. I don’t think they’d drag us into something bad,” I said, reaching over to take the bag of chips away from Alex. He grabbed them back.

“I don’t care; I think it’s a bad idea and I don’t want to go,” Alex said, shaking his head.

“Same here,” Evan sighed.

“If Evan’s not going, I’m not going,” Grieco said, and I rolled my eyes.

“Well unlike you, I actually kind of want to go,” I admitted. Mostly to see Zack, but I wasn’t going to admit that.

“I think you guys are al being stupid. Jack’s right; it might be fun. I don’t think it’s a trap,” Rian spoke up, shrugging.

Alex sighed, “I don’t know, Ri...”

“Hey, if you guys don’t want to go, that’s fine. But if Jack wants to go, I’ll go with him,” Rian said, smiling at me.

I grinned, “Thanks. At least one of you is nice enough to come with me.”

“I guess it might be fun. Maybe we should go. And we’ll all be together even if there’s no one else we know, so...” Grieco said, pouting at Evan and Alex.

“Well... okay. I’m in,” Evan said, and I held back a laugh. I knew he would crack first. The pout from Grieco was too intense for him.

Alex groaned, “Fine. I’ll come, so I don’t have to sit at home alone on Saturday night. But if anything bad happens I’m kicking your ass, Jack.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Party. Alcohol. Hmm...

I probably should have updated this sooner, but I went to Warped Tour on Friday and am recovering from the heat and soreness. (so worth it... got to meet All Time Low and see them play, plus others.)

I'll update again in a few days! By the way, if any of you read "Mistakes We Wouldn't Learn From" I apologize for the lack of updates. I have yet to write the next chapter and I've been busy.

Thanks to:
alleson
LaRawra!
sylarisahero
f0reverbr0ken
kew_atl
SimpleAsMaya
BeautifullyTattooed
Snowfall Melody
Forever Young.

for their comments! :)