Status: It's baaack!

Dirty Little Secret

eight

“I still don’t know why I’m doing this,” Alex grumbled, turning onto the street I had written down.

“Because it’s a party and you’re my best friend who decided to come with me,” I said, smiling innocently when he glared at me.

Grieco laughed from the backseat, “Lighten up, Alex.”

“Get me some alcohol and I will,” Alex muttered.

“I have a feeling that I’m going to be the designated driver on the way home...” Grieco sighed.

“Yup.”

I rolled my eyes at them as Alex pulled into the driveway behind a few other cars, one being Rian’s. Rian had driven Evan here in his car, and they must have gotten here earlier than us. It was about eight-thirty, so we were a bit late. It had taken a while to convince Alex to get into the car and drive us.

“Well, let’s get this over with,” Alex sighed, getting out of the car. Grieco and I followed him up to the door, and I rang the doorbell nervously. I was the one who wanted to come here in the first place, but I was still nervous because I didn’t go to many parties. It hadn’t helped that Alex kept suggesting terrible things that could happen.

Matt Flyzik opened the door, looking surprised to see us. “Wow, Zack wasn’t kidding when he said he invited all of you guys. I thought he was messing with me. Come inside! Glad you guys are here,” he said, smiling as he let us walk inside.

“Nice house. Happy birthday, by the way,” Alex said, looking a little more relaxed. “I expected you guys to prank us or something, to be honest.”

“I had a feeling you might think that. No, I wouldn’t do that to you guys. I promise. That’s more of Shane and Logan’s thing, and they weren’t invited because they’re dickheads,” Matt said with a shrug.

“Hey Matt, I- oh, hey,” Danny Kurily said, realizing that we were there. “Nice to see you guys. Sorry, but I gotta drag the birthday boy away for a minute.”

“I’ll catch up with you guys later. Your friends are in the kitchen. Have fun,” Matt called over his shoulder as Danny dragged him away.

“See?” I said, nudging Alex in the ribs. “They’re not out to kill us.”

“Let’s go find Evan and Rian,” Grieco said, leading us toward the kitchen. Sure enough, Rian and Evan were there, talking to a few guys from school.

Alex gasped slightly, “Martin’s here?”

I grinned. Martin Johnson is in our grade, and Alex has had a crush on him since the end of junior year. They flirt whenever we see him at the mall, where he works at the music store, but neither one of them will admit that they like each other.

“Come on,” I said, dragging him toward the group of people. Alex blushed when we got over to them.

“There you are! I thought Alex had chickened out and decided not to come,” Rian said with a chuckle.

“Of course not. I’m always up for a party,” Alex scoffed. I opened my mouth to protest but Alex stomped down on my foot to keep me from talking.

“You guys already know Martin; these are his friends John and Paul,” Evan said, pointing to each boy as he named them.

“Hey,” Alex greeted them with a smile.

All of us talked for a little while before Zack came over to us. “Hey,” he greeted, waving at us slightly. He had beer in his hand.

The others mumbled greetings but my eyes widened as I searched for the ability to form the word. Zack was wearing a tank top and tight jeans, and he looked hot. I didn’t even kick myself for thinking it this time. It was true. “H-hey,” I finally managed to get out.

“The alcohol is over there in the cooler, if you want any. I was told to come tell you that,” Zack said, his eyes meeting mine briefly before he looked away. “So... yeah. Have fun.”

--------------------

A few hours and a lot of alcohol later, Alex, Evan, and I were both pretty wasted. A majority of the people at the party were wasted, to be honest. We had been socializing a lot because there were actually a lot more people here that we knew than we had expected. Grieco, Rian, and Martin’s friend John were the only people in our little group who weren’t drinking, because they were going to be driving home. They seemed to be having more than enough fun watching the rest of us make ourselves look like idiots.

I wasn’t to the point where I was acting like an idiot, but I was definitely drunk. Evan was drunk and kept trying to make a move on Grieco, but Grieco was ignoring him. He was getting fed up with all of Evan’s drunken flirting and attempts to kiss him. It was actually kind of cute, but way more amusing to watch Grieco push him away. Poor guy.

I left them alone and walked through the living room, looking around for Alex or Rian. My eyes widened when I saw two guys pressed against the wall, making out. Alex was the guy pressed against the wall, but who was making out with him?

As I walked past them, I saw that it was Martin. I practically squealed for Alex inside, even through my drunken stupor. I ran back to the kitchen to tell Rian, but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I did find Zack though; he was sitting at the table with some of his friends, and all of them were drinking and laughing.

Dirty thoughts were creeping into my mind as I watched Zack from across the room. He was looking extremely sexy and my hormonal mind couldn’t handle it. I tried pushing the thoughts out of my mind but I was failing. I couldn’t help it – I get horny when I’m drunk.

Zack glanced around suddenly and realized that I was watching him. I blushed and took a sip of my drink, setting it down on the counter. Zack seemed to excuse himself from his friends, almost tripping as he got up and walked over toward me. Well, that was enough to tell me that he was drunk too. He grabbed me by the collar and pulled me into the hallway, confusing me.

“What are you doing?” I questioned. He ignored me, looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was around. No one was in the hallway or anywhere near it.

Zack pushed me up against the wall, hand tight on my shoulder, and my eyes widened. “I’ve seen those dirty looks you’ve been giving me all night, Barakat,” he said in a low voice.

I gulped in fear. Fuck. “I-I didn’t mean to... d-don’t hurt me...” I said, flinching slightly when he moved his face closer to mine. He was probably going to beat the shit out of me.

“You can’t give me those kind of looks in those tight-as-fuck jeans and expect to get away with it,” Zack growled, his face extremely close to mine now.

“What?” I held my breath, still afraid that he was going to hurt me. Everything was a blur right now because I was drunk, and I could barely process what was happening right now.

“You heard me,” Zack said, his face a little softer now. He loosened his grip on my shoulder and put it on my chest instead. Without warning, he leaned in and kissed me.
♠ ♠ ♠
:O

The party continues in the next chapter... and the Alex/Martin thing will be coming back up in the future ;)

I'll update again in a few days or so. Updates have been quick because I literally have nothing to do this summer. I have a boring life. Comments are lovely, I love seeing your opinions on the story!

Thanks to:
f0reverbr0ken
BeautifullyTattooed
LaRawra!
kew_atl
sylarisahero
coolstoryBrosif
indibear
Party Ghoul
CobraCommanderBro
Caitlynnnn

for their comments. :)