Status: TO ALL SUBSCRIBERS THE STORY HAS BEEN CHANGED AND SO LONG YOU PRETTY THING IS NOW CATH... link [url=http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/496334/Cath/]here[/url]

So Long You Pretty Thing

Who?

“Wait, like the angel,” Clair let herself laugh

“Yes, like the angel,” Liam sighed.

There was a moment of silence as Clair thought about how she could believe what he was saying. Over the past day, she had been attacked by demons, questioned by an archangel, and proposed to. None of this would make any sense to her just two days ago. Back when Liam had just been a coworker that she thought was rather amusing. Now, he was… “What does that make you?” The question unconsciously left her lips.

“The stuff of nightmares,” he smirked.

“That’s funny,” Clair didn’t let any amusement into her voice.

“What is?”

“He said almost the exactly the same thing except he used legend.”

“Yah, we sometimes sound similar.”

Clair’s mouth dropped, “You’re an angel.”

“Well, technically not.”

“Then what are you?” Clair poked his chest.

“It’s a bit complicated.”

“Fallen angel?”

“Not really.”

"So you're human?”

No,” he laughed a little.

“Rebel?” He could tell that she was running out of ideas.

“Well, almost but not quite.”

“How is that any different from fallen?” Clair waved her arms in frustration.

Fallen requires a fall, per say.”

“You mean…”

“Hit the accelerator, the room’s catching up.”

“I’m not getting any help from you!”

“Fine, I was born in Hell.”

“So you’re a demon?”

“Not quite.”

“Then explain this to me,” Clair demanded.

“My mom was a rebel angel. I was… started… before The War in Heaven. She gave birth to me in Hell after Satan fell. Beside the fact that I am more like a grandson to him because she started me with another angel.”

"EWW! Aren't they all siblings?" Clair recoiled.

Liam laughed a bit and covered his mouth knowing that he shouldn't have laughed because it was family.

“What are you doing on Earth?” Clair paused for a moment. “There’s something that I never thought I would say.”

“I make that happen a lot. Either way, I ran away after they executed her.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s the past; I’m over it.”

“I wouldn’t be…” there was an awkward silence. “That makes you... old.”

“7,653.”

“What?”

“That’s my age, 7,653.”

“How can you possibly remember after all of the years?”

He shrugged, “I just do.”

“You look good for your age.”

“Thank you for noticing.”

"Why are you working as a temp?"

"We all need an occupation."

"I just thought you would work in the government or something."

"I was in the FBI in the 60's."

"What happened?"

"They found out what I was. They thought I was a spy for the Russians; I still don't get why they put those two together. After about 300 shots, they gave up trying to kill me."

"Oh my."

"Yep..." They stayed in silence for a few moments. The sound of the other conversations going on next to the two of them and the persistent whine of traffic drowned out their thoughts. A slight breeze lifted the oppressing heat from their shoulders.

"One last question," Clair said. Liam nodded for her to ask, "Why are you trusting me with this information?"

"You asked... and you're different," Clair raised an eyebrow. "Well, you haven't tried to kill me yet. I take that as a sign that you are a good person."

"You didn't know that when you started telling me."

"As if I would ever get away with my life if I didn't tell you," Liam joked. "Now, I have a question for you." His voice became serious. Clair nodded not having a clue as to what he could want from her. "Do you want to be my partner?"

The question shocked Clair, "Pardon."

"You know, a partner, like a companion..."

"I know what you mean but won't it be dangerous."

"Somewhat."

"I don't know how to use a gun."

"You took down that vampire easily."

"That was just luck," Clair tried to hide the blush that appeared on her face. "Besides, I have a job."

"Is that a yes?" Liam gave her a confident smirk that made her insides do a flip. In this light, he looked like a movie star. His over confidence and dark brown hair made the offer all the more appealing.

The cold ring had the perfect timing to push against her skin, "Yes." She had so much to run from, and this was the escape that she had spent the other night wanting.

Liam smiled and said led her back to his apartment. They were now partners in crime.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for this mostly being dialog, I just hope this answers your questions. Please, if you have gotten this far subscribe or/and comment... please, for Liam. Cookies for recommendations. Also, all of my subscribers have stolen my heart, love you all