Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 29) Part One

-Montreal, QC.-

Tay’s POV:

As soon as Tay sang the last note and said goodbye to the crowd, she was rushing off stage. She could hear the other guys yelling something to her but she just ignored them. She was on a mission and she wasn’t going to stop until she completed it. It was easier than she thought to find the person she was looking for and forced her legs to move faster as she took a leap and then landed on the persons back while giggling at the startled noise they made.

“Tay what the hell?” Tessa asked as she hooked her arms under her knees so she would fall off her back.

“Hi!”

Tessa ignored her in favor of going back to the conversation she was having with one of the bands she must have been interviewing. But it didn’t look like the band really minded so Tay just shrugged it off and continued to hang off of Tessa and wait until the interview was over.

Five minutes later, Tessa was thanking them and bouncing Tay up her back a little more because she was slipping. Tay was just surprised she was able to hold her for so long. She really had underestimated how strong Tessa really was and made a mental note to ask Tessa if she had been working out with Zack recently. That was the only explanation she could think of to Tessa’s sudden strength. But whatever, that was thoughts for another time, Tay was still on a mission and she was determined to accomplish it.

“So why did you randomly come over and jump on me in the middle of an interview?” Tessa asked as she began walking back to the bus.

“Because I wanted to tell you that we’re going out tonight. My set is done and so I demand that we go find Jenna and get the hell out of here. Bus call isn’t until midnight so we have plenty of time.”

Tessa just shrugged and agreed as they got closer to the busses and as Tessa was about to let Tay go, Tay caught sight of the Australian girl that they had just been talking about and yelled her name loudly. But it was a little too loudly and a little too close to Tessa’s ear which ended in Tessa losing her grip on Tay and she managed to catch herself before she fell.

“Jesus Tay, what is your deal?” Tessa asked as she held her ear and glared at her. Tay just ignored her and waved to Jenna who was now making her way over to them.

“What’s up? Are you ok Tess?” Jenna asked as they all began to walk inside ATL’s bus. As soon as Tay saw Alex, she gave him a small smile and he returned it as she continued to tell Jenna about their plans for the night which she immediately agreed to.

About ten minutes later, they found themselves in a little place they found close to the venue. Tessa had volunteered Tay to get the first round since she was still holding a grudge for her yelling in her ear but tried to cover it up by saying that she was the one to suggest going out so she should be the first to get it. But Tay really didn’t care, they were having a girls night, and being stuck with all guys for so long, she was desperate for some time to gossip and remember what being a girl was like.

“Ok so what was the real reason you dragged us out?” Tessa asked once Tay returned with their drinks.

Tay gave her an innocent smile and tried to use the girls night out excuse but Tessa wasn’t buying it. “Why do you always think I’m up to something when I plan things?”

“Because I know you all too well,” Tessa replied giving her a knowing look.

“Whatever,” She gave her a look as if to say spill now or I’ll smack you so Tay gave in. “I just wanted to get you away from the boys so I could interrogate you to find out why you’re avoiding Matt again.”

Tessa rolled her eyes, “I knew it.”

“Am I really that predictable?”

“Yes,”

“Tess you know you can tell us. We’re not going to say anything. It really must be killing you, keeping this to yourself for so long.” Jenna added. She had found everything out a few weeks ago when Tay drunkenly told her on one of the other nights they had managed to escape all the boys.

Tay watched as her best friend silently fought with herself about saying something. She could read the girl like an open book and knew that she was trying to figure out what to do. Tessa always tried to hide her feelings and stay strong and act like everything was ok when it really wasn’t and even if she usually had all the others convince she was fine, Tay always saw through it.

“How long has it been since you’ve known you like Matt?” Tay finally asked, not being able to take the silence any longer.

Tessa looked up with a shocked face and started to stutter a little. But with one look from Tay telling her she couldn’t fool her any longer; the younger girl gave up with a sigh. “Since we went to Chicago together,”

“Thought so, and what is that pretty little head of yours making you worry about?” Jenna asked with a small encouraging smile making Tessa give one back.

“Everything,” she gave another sigh and went back to playing with her half empty glass. “I’m really freaking out about the fact that I like him. I mean, he’s never been anything more than a big brother to me, I never thought I would think of him differently. It’s never been like this before. Yes I’ve dated and have had crushes, but this time is different. After that kiss, it’s been different; I’ve just been too scared to realize that until now. I mean what if he doesn’t like me back? What if I’m being totally stupid and over thinking this and realize that I really don’t have feelings for him when I know he doesn’t return them and only sees me as a friend.”

“Oh I think he sees you as more than that,” Tay muttered as Tessa’s head shot up and gave her a confused look. “Tess, have you talked to him about this?”

The way she broke eye contact was all the answer she needed, and Tay reached out to rub her arm. “Can we just drop this?”

“Yes, but after I say this,” Tay replied as she waited until Tessa looked at her again. “Just talk to him, you never know what you might find out if you just tell him.” Tessa only nodded and promised she would before she silently pleaded with her to change the subject and so they did after ordering another round.

~*~*~

“Hey guys,” Tay said as she climbed the stairs to her bus and saw all the guys plus Alex in the front room playing video games. When she caught Alex’s eye, she gave him a small shy smile and he just laughed and pulled her over to him and she ended up sitting in his lap with his arms wrapped around her.

“How was girl’s night out?” He asked her, pressing a kiss to her head.

She gave him a small smile before untangling his arms from around her and stood up, offering him her hand and then led him to the back room where she knew they would have some more privacy. “Oh, we have the whole room to ourselves, what are we going to do about that?” He asked as he pulled her close again and kissed her cheek.

“Not what you have in mind you perverted little creep,” she replied with a smile to tell him she was just joking. He rolled his eyes as he fell onto the couch and gave her a pout. “Oh don’t give me that look. I wanted to talk to you about my super secret awesome plan that my smart brain has come up with!”

He rolled his eyes and he pulled her close again, “Ok, you’ve got me curious. What are you up to now?”

“Well Tessa has finally come to realize that she actually does like Matt and I am determined for them to finally tell each other by the time this tour is up.”

“Babe, that’s in like 20 some days.”

She gave him an evil smile. “Exactly, it’s been years since they’ve met and they’re finally coming to their senses. It’s about time that we give them a little push to get this show on the road. C’mon, you can’t sit here and tell me that you’re not annoyed by them by now. You’ve known both of them longer than I have and obviously knew something was going on with at least one of them.”

“You’re evil you know that?” He asked giving her another kiss on her head.

She just shrugged, “I know, but that’s why you’re dating me.”

“True,”

“So will you help me?”

He sighed, “Do I really have a choice?”

Pause. “No not really.”

“Well then that answers it.” He replied as she just smiled and laughed more. He leaned closer and finally pressed his lips against hers. Just as they did, the door to the back lounge opened and a girlish squeal and footsteps running into the other room.

“Tay and Alex are sucking face again!!!!” Mike yelled as a bunch of groaning and yelling came from the others.

“I’m going to kill them,” Tay muttered.

“You can do that later, for now you can just stay here and explain to me how exactly you’re going to play matchmaker to Tessa and Matt.”

She shook her head and gave him a flirty smile, “Nah, we can do that later, I have something more important to do at the moment.”

He was about to reply, but before he could, she was pressing her lips against his again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about not giving you guys a head's up about changing the POV but I was having problems writing this chapter and figured that it might be better in a different POV. So hopefully it's not too bad. It's not my favorite chapter but it'll do I guess. Hope I make it up to you by adding little Alex and Tay fluff at the end!

Next chapter should be up soon, I'm going on vacation on Thursday but I should be able to get another chapter up before I leave and will probably be in someone else's POV. It's not Matt's and you're just going to have to wait and see, but I will tell you it'll be a guys... Hmmm.... Any thoughts?

Anyway, so I can't believe I already have almost 30 subscribers! Thanks you guys! You're amazing!!! Keep those comments coming! I'd love to hear from more of you guys about this!!! See you next chapter!!!! =D