Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 29) Part Two

Vinny’s POV:

Tessa suddenly rushed inside the bus making Vinny jump from the sudden noise. He had been lying on the couch scrolling through his Twitter feed in silence until she had come in. Well, not just her, when he glanced up, he saw Tay and Jenna in tow behind her as they made their way back to the bunks. Moments later, they came back out and with a quick bye they were back out the door giggling and talking about something or other.

Vinny just rolled his eyes and went back to his phone. He learned from experience not to ask sometimes when it came to his sister. She was probably going out with the girls to gossip and be weird while he was stuck inside to do nothing. He literally had about a day left of his restrictions and he was freaking glad.

No more having to have other people set up and tear down the tents and carry the boxes, no more being totally bored because he couldn’t do anything, and above all he could finally drink again. The medication he was on didn’t allow him to drink and as soon as he took the last pill the next day, he was going certainly going to celebrate. But he still had a day to wait and that’s why he was lying on the couch with his phone only for company while the rest of the guys went out to drink after they packed everything back up. At least the rest of them were nice enough not to drink in front of him, which was a plus. But that meant that no one was around to entertain him and he got bored quickly.

Just as he was about to get up to go find something else to do now that he was losing interest in his phone, the door to the bus opened. At first he just figured it was some of the guys coming back early from the bar since they didn’t want to get totally wasted since they had another long day ahead of them. But he was certainly surprised to see Matt walk up alone, giving a sigh.

“What are you doing back?” Vinny asked, sitting up.

He caught the surprised look the tour manger gave him and figured that he was the only one on the bus. “Oh, I didn’t want to go out. I have some work to do.”

“Cut the crap Flyzik, we both know you’re lying.” Vinny replied as Matt just rolled his eyes and flopped on the couch next to him, resting his head back and closing his eyes. “Is this about my sister again?”

At that Matt’s head snapped up and he gave him the deer in the headlights look. “What are you- I don’t know what you’re- what?”

“Oh please, I know you have a thing for my sister.”

“For how long?”

“Since the first time you met her.” Vinny replied as Matt gave him a disbelieving look. “How dumb do you think I am? You’re not very good at hiding it, despite what you think. Everyone can see it, well everyone but the one person that really matters.”

There was a few moments of silence before Matt decided to break it again, “Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Because I didn’t think I needed to say anything. I thought you would have gotten your act together and told her by now. Matt it’s been nearly six years since you’ve known the girl and have been hopelessly in love with her. How much more are you going to make yourself suffer before you just tell her?”

“You’re not against it?” He asked.

Vinny knew he wanted to avoid talking about telling his sister as long as possible. He figured that he was scared of her reaction, and Vinny could totally understand that. The two of them had hit it off as soon as they had met and found they had a ton in common. Though Matt slowly started to fall for her and Tessa continued to think of them as only friends. He must be worried out of his mind that if he told her and she rejected him, their friendship would fall apart.

They were super close, Vinny knew that Tessa didn’t always tell him everything, and Matt was the one she went to when she didn’t feel like she should tell him something. Friendship meant a lot to the Matt, that’s why it took him so long to break down his walls and allow himself to trust someone. But when he had met Tessa, it was different.

At that point six years ago, Vinny and Matt had only known each other for about two months. But Vinny knew a few days after Tessa and he had officially met, that Tessa had made more progress getting Matt to open up in a matter of days when it had taken him nearly a week to get as far as she had. Tessa was a special case with Matt and they had always been super close, and Matt was just afraid to take it any farther, not knowing what would happen.

Vinny shook his head, “Why would I be against you dating my sister? You’re one of my closest friends and you’re ten times better than any guys she’s dated in the past.”

Matt managed a small smile and ran his hand through his hair and Vinny knew that he was getting uncomfortable and was itching to change the subject. “I know you’re nervous and worried about this, and I won’t say anything more after this, but please tell her soon. You never know, she might return the feelings.”

Before Matt could answer or react, Vinny stood and began walking away to leave the other man to his thoughts. Matt was a thinker, he over thought everything and planned every detail, that was part of why he was such a great tour manager, but in moments like these, he knew it wasn’t always a good thing and liked the be alone. So that’s what he did, left Matt to think while he went to the back lounge to wallow in his no drinking misery.

But in all honestly, alcohol was the last thing on his mind at the moment as he began to rethink what he had just said. Something was weird about his little sister, well, weirder than usual. She was acting strange. Was she falling for Matt? Ever since the tour started, the two of them have been acting differently around each other, especially after Jack’s birthday. But they had slowly getting back to their normal selves and now Tessa was acting weird again. Was she really falling for him?

Well, if she was, Vinny would give her a big fat kiss on her cheek. This was long overdue and everyone but them could see how perfect they were for each other. Tessa was truly Matt’s Minnie to his Mickey. Vinny could honestly say that he could see Tessa walking down the aisle one day to meet Matt at the end and hear the pastor announce Mr. and Mrs. Flyzik to the world and cheering louder than anyone else in the crowd.

Ok, well he was getting a little ahead of himself now, Tessa and Matt weren’t even a couple, yet, so he shouldn’t be thinking all about this. But he could defiantly see the future turning out that was if those two would just get their acts together and just come to admit their feelings.

A little while later, he heard noise come from the front of the bus for the first time since the conversation with Matt and figured that some of the boys were back. But soon found that it was actually his sister when she opened the door to the back lounge and walked in, plopping herself next to him and resting her head on his shoulder.

“Hi,” she said quietly after a few moments.

“Have fun out with the girls?”

She hummed, “yeah, but I’m sleepy.”

“Then go to bed.” He replied as she snuggled in close to him. “Or use me as your human pillow.”

“That’s a good idea,” she replied quietly and he could hear the sleepiness in her voice.

Moments later, she was asleep. He would have gotten up to carry her back to her bunk but he was still on restrictions and didn’t want to pull any of his stitches and risk having to get them redone and be on more pills and weight restrictions. And as if he knew this, Matt suddenly was walking in with a tired look on his face.

“Oh, I didn’t know you were still up,” he said when he saw them.

Vinny just shrugged, “yeah well, I really can’t move now that she’s on me. Do you mind helping? She’s going to be crabby if she sleeps like this and I won’t be much better.”

Matt just nodded and bent down and gently took the girl in his arms and stood up carrying her carefully back to her bunk. Vinny stood up a few seconds later and walked back also, seeing Matt just laying her down with a small smile on his face. Once she was in her bunk, Matt gently shut her curtain and turned, seeing Vinny standing there.

“You off to bed?”

Vinny just nodded, “yeah I’m dead. See you in the morning.”

“Yeah, sleep well.”

“You too,” Vinny replied as Matt began to walk away. “Oh and Matt,” he called and Matt turned to look at him. “I meant what I said. Just take the risk and tell her. I have a feeling that it won’t turn out as badly as you think.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Awws so how did you think the talk went? Do you think Matt's going to take Vinny's advice and finally tell her? Hmm you'll just have to wait and see. Lol. A different POV in the next chapter to come!!!

And thanks for the comment upxallxnight!!! Keep the comments coming!!!