Sequel: All The Small Things

The Girl At The Rock Show

(Day 48)

-Seattle, WA.-

Matt’s POV:

As the plane began its final decent down towards the ground, Matt took a breath as he mentally went through everything that needed to be done once they were on the ground. That day was their first of two days off before they finished the last two shows of the tour. They had just played Milwaukee the day before and had left earlier that morning to fly to Seattle to spend their two days off since it was only a half hour drive from where they would be playing their second to last show.

The first bounce of the tires came as the plane finally touched ground and the flight attendants began to explain to everyone that they needed to stay in their seats until the plane had come to a complete stop. Matt turned in his seat when he saw something moving behind him, and sure enough Jack and Danny already had their seatbelts off and were trying to get up to be the first off the plane. Thankfully Colussy was sitting in the row across from them and quickly told them to sit down before they pissed off the flight attendants even more.

It had been a long flight to say the least. Between making sure the guys didn’t cause too much trouble to figuring out exactly when their bus was going to meet them there in the next day and a half, Matt was busy. You would think that because they had a few days off that he would also, but he had quickly come to realize when he had first gotten this job that the life of a Tour Manager never stopped. He constantly needed to make sure everything was in order and that everything was running smoothly. It was never ending.

Getting up and grabbing his carry on, he followed the rest of the passengers down the aisle and toward the door to walk into the airport itself. As soon as he took the first few steps onto the carpeted floor of the familiar airport, he stepped aside to get out of the way of the other passengers and so he could regroup with the rest of the band and crew.

“Ok so we have to go grab our bags quick and then head to the hotel. It’s only a short distance away so we can walk there.” Matt said once everyone was there. A few of them started to complain when Matt mentioned walking and he just rolled his eyes. “C’mon you lazy asses, it won’t kill you. It’s less than a mile away.”

“But that’s still too far; can’t we just get a cab?” Alex whined as Jack and Danny nodded in agreement.

Vinny nodded too taking a step over to Zack and pointing at his arms. “Even though Zack works out all the time and is extremely buff doesn’t mean we all want to be like him. I say we let the athletic people walk and the rest of us get a cab!”

Everyone started cheering and talking at the same time and Matt just sighed. He saw Tessa elbow her brother in the side as he said that and gave her a small grateful look. Colussy and he finally managed to get everyone to calm down, mentioning that if they got a cab, they would be wasting their drinking money instead of saving it for later that night and that ended up making them all shut up.

Finally they were down in the baggage claim area, waiting for their bags and talking to pass the time. The airline managed to not lose any of their bags so as soon as they all got them they headed for the doors and began following Matt to the hotel. When they got there, he quickly went to check them all in, getting the room keys, and passing them all out.

Herding a huge group even a small distance was tiring and as soon as Matt was in his hotel room, he dropped his bag to the floor and flopped onto one of the beds. A familiar laugh came and the bed dipped a little as the person came and snuggled up to him and he instinctively wrapped an arm around them, looking down and giving them a small smile.

“Hi babe,” Tessa said as she craned her neck up to press her lips against his lightly, enjoying a moment alone.

He smiled more and glanced down to see her hand resting on his chest and the Claddagh ring shining proudly on her right ring finger with the crown facing up towards her fingernail announcing her heart was taken. He was so glad that she had actually said yes. Sure it had taken a few hours after their talk for her to think things through and she hadn’t said anything until the next day when he saw her wearing it. The sneaky little thing must have snuck into his bags when he wasn’t around and snatched it waiting for him to notice that either it was missing or that she was wearing it. But thankfully he had seen it sitting on her finger the next morning when he had woken up.

“So what are we doing today?” She asked, snuggling in closer and letting her eyes drift closed. He lazily ran his hand up and down her back as he stared at the ceiling, enjoying the moment of peace, not having to deal with a billion different problems at once.

He glanced down again when he felt her eyes on him, and smiled. “I was thinking we could go around town together, just the two of us and then meet the rest of the guys up for dinner like we planned later. How does that sound?”

“Perfect,”

~*~*~*~

The rest of the day was spent between the two of them. Going around and exploring the area they were in, laughing and talking. They had grabbed lunch at a cute little diner like place Tessa had insisted on going to and like usually, Matt couldn’t refuse her.

Yes they were saving their first date until they got back home after tour, but they had never been ones to do things the normal way. Matt knew Tessa liked doing things backwards and really didn’t mind it either. She was the first girl that showed him that things didn’t always have to be planned and organized perfectly. That you could allow mistakes to happen and fix them and make things better. She was different from every other girl he had dated and that was one of the many things he loved about her.

After they had explored pretty much everything around the area, they made their way back to the hotel to meet with the rest of their group so they could find somewhere to eat and meet up with some of the other bands that had made it already.

Surprisingly, when they walked into the lobby, they could already hear the familiar noise of their group and shared a look as they made their way over to them. As soon as they were seen they got some teasing comments from the others when they saw them walking in holding hands and walking as close as they possibly could. But it was ignored in favor of changing the subject and mentioning food and all was forgotten as they all headed out to soak up the last few days of Warped.
♠ ♠ ♠
So do you guys love me again? Lol

Ok so just a heads up for the next chapter (no it's nothing bad and I'm not going to take forever to post again like I did this chapter). I'm going to be announcing some big stuff for the future there and so wanted to let you guys know so you will keep watch. Trust me, I think you're going to like it!

Besides that, again thanks guys for all the comments and support, I really love it. And if you guys happen to have a Twitter and want to follow me, my username is @of_clumsy_words just incase want to stalk me/see if I'm actually writing like I should be. Lol See you next chapter!!! <3