Status: Done!

Erin

Take 2 :D

Erin watches her best friend Martin from the side stage. He looks and sounds fantastic, as he always has. Just for a second, she lets a wistful sigh escape from her lips. She and Martin have been friends since elementary school. She doesn't know why, but he's stuck with her through elementary, middle, and even high school, where he was popular and always surrounded by people, whereas she became more introverted. And he was a year above her. But no matter what, he'd always made time for her, and it was she who helped him form the band of his dreams. It was Erin who first knew Paul. They even went out for a while, but decided that they were better off friends. Sometime between playing in the mud and helping Martin achieve his dream, she'd fallen in love with him. When she looks up again, the boys are wrapping up "Learning to Fall." Seeing Martin sing it pained Erin, since she knew that it was about his ex Hanna Beth, and that he was still in love with her. 

Seeing Martin look at her from on stage, she gave him a huge smile. Sometimes, Erin hated being the girl he'd never see as more than a friend, but she did it all for him. When they went on their first tour, Erin was the one who let herself be roped into selling merch. Earlier, she would be the person that helped hand out promos to kids standing on line. Now thankfully, she traveled with them as a friend when she wanted too. A few months ago, Martin decided that she'd already done too much for the band, and she should take a break. So she didn't complain. One more song until their set is over, she thinks. 

"ERRRR!", screams Martin as soon as they run off stage, grabbing her in a huge sweaty hug. 

"Eww. Ewww. MARTIN!", complains Erin. "You're sweaty and you smell. Get off of me!"

"Sorry Err.", smirks Martin. 

"And call me Erin! I'm not a mistake! You know I don't like it when you call me Err! It's ridiculous."

"Sorry Inn. I'll stop.", Martin grins wickedly. 

Groaning in frustration, Erin just points to the door. Before she could protest, Martin pulled her into another sweaty hug. "Love you Erin!", he shouts as he runs out the door. 

As soon as he leaves, Erin's face drops. He doesn't even know. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realize Paul never left with the other guys. 

"Hey.", Paul says quietly. "Are you ok?"

Erin smiles brightly, laughing lightly. "Hey Paul. I didn't even know you were still here. Thought you left with the others. I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?"

"Save it Erin.", says Paul. "We might've not been together for long, but even four months is long enough for me to figure a few things out. And something is bothering you. Has been bothering you. And it's Martin related."

"I said I was fine.", replies Erin sharply. After a pause, she shakes her head. "Sorry Paul. I didn't mean to snap at you. But really. I'm alright."

Paul looks at her skeptically. "If you want me to tell Martin to stop dumping his life's problems on you... I mean, all he talks about with us is "Erin this, Erin that." So Hanna Beth issues have to be dumped on you. After all, Martin won't not talk about his problems with someone."

"Thanks Paul. You're an awesome friend. But I promise you I'm fine. Thanks for asking.", Erin says with a small smile. "You should probably change or something."

--

"Erin. Wait.", shouts Martin from behind her. She was beginning her daily jog, something that she began recently to try to stay in shape. 

Turning back, she shoots Martin a questioning look. "You're actually running? And awake? You realize it's not even six yet? The sun isn't out."

"I know.", begins Martin earnestly. "But I realized that I've been a bad friend recently. And Paul had to point it out to me! All I ever do is dump my problems on you, and haven't even asked you about yours!"

"It's fine.", says Erin. "I know that I can come talk to you if I ever need to."

"Yea! You can! But you don't! Do you want me to stop telling you about my dumb Hanna Beth problems? Because I know they're dumb. She with Trace now, and I've already written so many songs about her, she just can't leave my head. And I don't know what to do!"

"Martin. I swear it's fine. Paul is just being crazy.", Erin says impatiently, wanting to start her jog. 

"I don't think he is though.", says Martin seriously. "When he mentioned it, I realized he was right. Why won't you talk to me Erin?"

"I'm fine Martin!", says Erin forcefully. "Can I get back to my jog now? I need to stay in shape."

"Stop being stubborn.", Martin says just as forcefully. "You look fantastic. You don't need this run any more than I do. Talk to me."

"Fine!", explodes Erin. "Talk to you? All you ever do is bitch and moan about Hanna Beth without realizing that someone who knows you practically better than you know yourself is right in front of you!"

At this, Martin looks confused. "Wait. What? Who?"

Erin grabs his white shirt and pulls Martin into a kiss, only torturing herself because she knew he didn't feel the same way. Letting go of him more gently, she asks quietly, "Happy now? I talked to you." Seeing his shocked face, she says simply, "That's what I thought." And so she starts running before Martin could see the tears streaming down her face. 

As she slowed down to a jog, Erin tried to wipe the tears blurring her vision while listening to Martin's voice blast through her earphones. Hearing his voice singing the songs he wrote for other girls only made it worse though. She didn't realize the boy getting closer and closer to her until she ran into him as he planted himself in her path. She could barely suppress her groan as she realized who it was. 

Pulling the earphones out of her ears gently, Martin places his fingers under her chin and pulls her face to his. His kiss is more tender than the one that she had given him. Erin closes her eyes and leans into him, letting herself enjoy it, even though there was a little voice in the back of her head telling her she'd regret it later. When Martin pulls away, he looks at her with his electric blue eyes. "Now it's your turn to listen to me talk. Again."

Disconnecting their gaze by looking down at her shoes, Erin nodded her consent. 

"I like you. Maybe love. Since middle school. But you were so oblivious and I didn't want to say anything to ruin what we had. And then near the end of high school, well, my senior year, your junior year, you began dating Paul. And during then, I met Hanna Beth. She was only ever a second to you, since I never thought you'd be mine. I know all I ever talk about is her, and I'm sorry. But I thought if I talked about her enough, I could convince myself that I really did love her. But I was wrong. It's always been you. I've just been too stupid and cowardly to tell you until you made the first move. But now it's my turn to make my move. Will you be my girlfriend? And let me take you out on a date?"

Erin is in shock. What? She knows that it's what she wants, but still needs to process everything that he has just told her. Shaking her head, she mutters, "I can't decide now. I need time." Deciding to cut her run short today, she heads back in the direction of the tour bus. 

By the time she reaches the bus again, she feels more clear-headed. As much as she wants to say yes, Erin decides to tell Martin it's not what she wants. Realistically speaking, she doesn't want to ruin the perfect friendship that they had with a bad relationship. So caught up in her thoughts again, she doesn't hear Martin reach the bus after her. He walks up behind her and pulls at her wrist so that her body spun into his. "Is your answer yes?", he whispers into her ears. 

Wrapped in his arms, she nearly forgets her earlier resolution. "Ye--no. No. I can't.", she says reluctantly trying to pull away. 

"No?", asks a puzzled Martin. "But..."

"I can't.", she tries to explain. "You were right. We can't ruin our perfect friendship. What if-"

Martin cuts her off by pulling her into him again, this time with more urgency. With a sigh, her hands were tangled in his hair again. Gently grinning at her, "What were you saying again?"

"Shit.", Erin mutters, realizing that now she'd always be powerless against him. Giving him a smile, "Yes. Not like I have a choice apparently."

Letting out a whoop, Martin picks her up and swings her around, lowering her onto him for another passionate kiss. Mid-kiss, they hear whistles coming from the bus. Pulling apart, Erin blushes and looks at the now open windows of the bus. "Finally.", says Bryan loudly. "Took you long enough stupid."

"Get it bro!", John chimes in. 

Martin sticks his middle finger up at his friends and takes Erin's hand in his. When Erin looks at the windows again for the strangely quiet Paul, she sees him smiling. When he catches her stare, he gives her a wink. Her mouth drops slightly. That sneaky bastard. He had planned this all along. But she couldn't complain. Shooting him a grateful smile, Erin trailed after Martin onto the bus. It's going to be a good tour for them. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Inthink I like this one better? Idk...this is what I do at 1:30 in the morning when I'm bored...