Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Wolves

We eventually leave and head back on the road. We drove around until we stopped at a lake to enjoy the night. The moon shines beautifully over the lake. The reflection glimmering on the surface of the lake is full and round like a fully grown pumpkin. Trees lined some parts of the edge with tons of little green leaves. The stars shimmered here and there in the sky. It seems so peaceful. So calm.

I hear howling in the distance. It sounds as if there are wolves around. I look across the lake and breathe in the clean, fresh air. The howls are coming closer. I watch as the guys tense at the sound of the animals coming. I eventually see the pack of wolves come out of the trees. Ten or twelve wolves walk out of the trees. They soon take form of humans with little or no clothes on them.

“You are on our land,” one says with a booming voice. They wanted us off. They seem to hate us even though they didn’t know who we were. They are very territorial obviously.

I look at them. I stop at one who looks oddly familiar. Like I have seen somewhere before. I thought back to my human life before I was turned. I look at him and see Mike with his dark hair messed up. He has dirt all over his body. He looks at everything but at me. It is like he doesn’t want me to recognize him.

“Mike? Is it you?” I ask softly. I scan his face as he turns to face me. He looks slightly disgusted at me for some strange reason. It is like he can’t stand to see me or be in my presence.

“Yes, it is,” he hisses out. He looks like he is being forced to answer. Like he does not want to talk to me. “Monster, I am Mike. It is me.” He doesn’t make eye contact with me.

“Monster? She isn’t a monster,” Danny says quickly. “I have to say for being a dog; you aren’t a very loyal one. No one treats their old friends like that. Especially one that they used to care about. I thought dogs like you were loyal.”

“I am loyal to my pack, not clan monsters. You know the ones that take a beautiful young girl who had a lot going for her and destroy everything human inside it? Wait, you probably think that you were doing the right thing when you did what you did to her,” Mike says. He is furious at my clan. He hates us. “It was for the protection of the clan, wasn’t it what you guys say? I bet you didn’t even give her a choice.”

“I chose this! They did not force me into this, Mike. I have the right to do what I want,” I bark at him. I look at him surprised that he is acting like this. “You are not the boss of me.”

“You could have been like me or at least stay human. I wanted you to be normal. I wanted you to know everything about me. I smelt clan vampire all over you that one day. They already marked you in a way that showed everyone who could smell it that you only belonged to them. Then you lied about having to do something with the family. I realized that you were going to be the monster that they were,” Mike remarks. He sounds almost hurt, but he doesn’t show it. He keeps his face blank. He glares at the guys with pure hatred.

I glance over to Cain and Alex. They look like they are prepared to fight if need to be. I don’t want a fight. I want to leave. Cain looks angry as his hair moves away from his face in the slight wind. I go over to him and grab his arm. His muscles are tight and like rocks. He peeks over at me. He turns his attention back to the werewolves across the opening.

Let’s go, Cain. There is no need to fight. Not today. Not after what happened at the meeting. Let’s go. Please? I pull at his arm. He doesn’t move. He stays like he is. Frozen for the most part. Come on. I’m tired, and I want to take a shower. I want to get some sleep. I tug on his arm again. He finally relaxes and turns away from them, throwing his arm around my shoulders. He looks back at Alex.

“Let’s go, guys. We don’t need to waste our time with their kind,” Cain calls out. He places a lot of stress on ‘their kind’ that almost makes the wolves come after us. He pulls me along to the van. He opens the passenger door and helps me up before getting in on the drivers’ side.

I look out to the people and relax or at least try to. Then I hear their thoughts. They were sent here by Helen, the queen of the Brightness Clan. I can’t get about why she would do such a thing or why they would agree with it. They just agreed to it which seems very weird.

I get the information across to Gabriel. I know he at least would make some sense of it and not get angry. I don’t want them to go flying out of the vehicle to attack the wolves.

That’s interesting. It would be nice to look more into it. Or at least get more information on it. I wonder if you can get into other vampires’ heads. Gabe seems to be very thoughtful of this. He is calm and thinks this through. I wouldn’t tell the rest of the guys of this for a while. At least wait a few days before telling them. Let them calm down.

I know that much, Gabe. I just needed someone to know before I forgot. I needed an opinion on this. Do you think my gift is allowing me to do this? I ask him what is on my mind at the second.

It is a possibility. I honestly don’t know much about your gift. I will look more into it. I mean it will only help you to know what is going on with your gift and what you will be able to do. Gabriel sounds thoughtful with a sense of care. He is always helpful, I guess.

We go a few miles and switch seats after stopping at a gas station. Alex and Jett in the front seats. Dillon in front of Cain and me. Gabe behind us with Danny sleeping beside him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mike is a werewolf. Interesting isn't it?
Don't be silent readers.