Status: Complete!

We Will Make This Work

Home

I heard the doorbell ring and I snapped out of my thoughts. I waddled over to the door and opened it to see my brother grinning like an idiot. I had been having an absolutely shitty day. The last thing I needed was my brother showing up at my house with Drew Doughty and Jarrot Stoll.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, hoping my tone wasn't to angry.

"Mike asked us to come over and help with the baby room today."

"Yeah okay whatever. He is upstairs." I said before walking away from the door and letting them in.

"What crawled up your ass this morning?" Jeff asked as he followed me into the kitchen.

"Fuck off! Pregnancy is hard!" Pregnancy was so hard I couldn't even explain it. I was uncomfortable all the time, I barely slept, I had to pee every hour on the hour sometimes even more often, and I had to deal with everybody's shit before anyone dealt with mine.

I heard them all make their way upstairs as I went to sit down on the couch. I decided I was going to call my mom today while the boys were finishing up the room. I was seven months pregnant now and I needed my mom more than ever.

I dialed the oh so familiar number and let the phone ring. "Hello" My mom answered.

"Hey mom!" I said trying to sound cheerful.

"Whats wrong sweetheart? You seem down."

"Mom, what if I am a bad mom? I mean what if I am not cut out for this?" I asked letting my tears flow.

My mom paused for a moment, "Darling Chloe, ever since you were around children who were younger than you, I could tell. When you lost you first baby, I could see it then too. Every time I see you with Mike I know. You will be an amazing mom. You have the motherly instincts in you. Just believe in yourself. And yeah, there will be rough days when you just want to give up, but you have to keep going."

"Mom, I am just so afraid." I said, while attempting to calm myself.

"Every young mother is afraid but when you hold that little baby, that you created in your arms, you won't be afraid anymore." She said in her calming motherly tone that I had heard many times before.

"Thanks mom! Can I ask you one more thing?" I said pausing for her response.

"Go ahead sweetheart!"

"Will you be here when I give birth?"

"Of course I will honey. I love you!"

"I love you too mom! Bye!" After hanging up the phone I felt very calm. I felt my eye lids become heavy as they fluttered closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chloe... baby wake up." Mike said as he gently nudged me awake. I opened my eyes to see all of the guys standing around the couching grinning like idiots.

"What?" I rasped out. Mike helped me up off the couch and took my hand leading me to the stairs.

"We want to show you the babies room." Jeff said behind me. I walked up to the stairs and stopped at the first door on the right. I slowly opened the door and my breath caught in my throat. I looked around the room to see the walls painted and decorated to look like a hockey rink. Mikes special hockey sticks were bolted to the walls. There were pucks on shelves and designer cribs on opposite sides of the room. There was a changes table and a rocking chair placed by the closet that was filled with clothes. There was a book shelf filled with numerous books about hockey and every book I loved as a child.

"Do you like it?" Mike asked while wrapping his arms around my bump. I felt the tears roll down my cheeks, but this time these tears were of joy.

"It's beautiful, thank you guys so much!" I said before turning around to kiss Mike.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. This has been the busiest week of my life :( I hope you guys liked it. Comment and let me know!