Status: Complete!

We Will Make This Work

Good Year!

It was my favorite time of the year! Christmas is tomorrow and I was so excited. I knew that we would be getting a lot of stuff for the babies this year, but that was quite alright with me. Mike and I were doing Christmas baking at his house in Kenora. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen, my husband trying to bake. He offered to help me this year since I am due in a few short weeks. 2013 was going to be a crazy year, hopefully the NHL gets their shit together so we can see some hockey.

"Mike, you might want to put baking powder in that cake not baking soda." I informed him while passing him the baking powder.

"Whats the difference?" He looked disheveled. I was doing the baking by myself next year.

"There is a huge difference Mike." We continued to bake together for another hour before we went to go get ready. We were going to his parents house this evening, but this year my family was coming too.

While I was in the bathroom rubbing lotion on my belly Mike came in. "Why so serious Mikey?" I giggled at my movie reference.

"I do not look serious, I just want to give you a gift." I pulled on my dress before looking at him and waiting.

"So, when we went for that walk last week and we stopped by that open house, do you remember that?" He asked me. Something was up with him, he looked very nervous. He didn't look this nervous on our wedding day.

"Yes I remember." I said before heading back into the bedroom. Mike followed close behind me.

"Well, I know how much you love that house and I realize that this house isn't very baby friendly-"

"Mike you love this cabin." I cut him off.

"I know, and we aren't selling it. This is more of a summer home, so we are going to renovate the spare bedroom to a babies room, then we will summer there."

'We need to stay somewhere else when we aren't here in the summer sweetheart." He chuckled, oh he was up to something, I could tell.

"We are moving into that house you love so much!" I screamed and jumped into his arms.

"Are you serious?" I asked him.

"Yes baby I am serious! We get possession on the 27th!" I kissed him and he spun me around.

"Thank you for always caring about me. After the babies come, you are going to have one nice date with me." He raise his eyebrows at me.

"Oh really?"

"Hells yeah." I stopped for a minute before adding " You need to tell Jeff and the rest of our families that they are helping us move." He laughed at that statement before taking my hand and heading out of the room.

Oh, it 2013 would be a great year indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!

So there will only be two more chapters of this plus an epilogue. Then I will start something new.

I do have a Jeff Carter story, check it out here:

www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/483437/One-More-Night/

Comment!