Status: Complete!

We Will Make This Work

Together We Will (Epilogue)

**14 Years Later**

It was early august and my family was gathering at our cabin. It was Mike's cup day again. Since 2012, Mike won the cup with the Kings three more times. Everyone was having a great time, it was nice that we could all be together. I felt someone tugging on my shirt. I looked down to see Jeff's two year old daughter, Bailey.

"Hey sweetheart." I picked her up and she started playing with my hair.

"Where is Taylor?" Bailey asked about my 12 year old daughter.

"Let's go find her sweetie." Bailey continued to play with my hair as I walked out of the kitchen and onto the deck. I spotted Taylor with Mike and I walked over.

"Taylor!!" Bailey screamed in excitement. I set her down and she ran into Taylor's arms. Taylor ended up taking her to the cabana to play. It's amazing how quickly your kids grow up. I was pregnant with Taylor when Mike won his second Stanley cup. Now sh is growing up so fast. Mike and I only had two more kids after our twin boys were born. Taylor is two years younger than the Noah and Greyson who are now 14. After we had Taylor, it took five years until we had another child. I had three miscarriages over those five years and I was overjoyed when I became pregnant with Zac, who is now 7. After giving birth to Zac, the doctors told Mike and I that we couldn't have anymore kids. That was hard news to take, but through time we got over it. Mike and I were fine with our four kids. We would have liked to have more, but those weren't the cards we were dealt.

Jeff got married ten years ago to a women named Jennifer. They had three kids: Marissa who is 8, Lauren who is 7, and Bailey is 2. Jeff decided he was going to retire after this season, and three weeks after they won the cup Mike made the same choice. They are both 41, so its time.

"Babe, Chloe!" Mike said grabbing my attention.

"Huh, what? "

"I just said that it's crazy how grown up she is." He gestured to Taylor. I nodded my head and smiled. "She reminds me of you, which means she has to stay away from the boys." I laughed.

"You never stayed away from me. When she is old enough, she can date."

"I'm so glad that I never stayed away from you, and that we made this work." I looked up at him and placed my lips on his.

"I love you. And I wanted to talk to you about something." Mike nodded his head telling me to continue. "I think I am going to renew my contract as the teams trainer, if that's alright with you." Mike chuckled. I looked at him with confusion.

"That's perfect fine because they offered me a job to coach, with Jeff."

"Really?!" I shouted. He nodded his head and I jumped into his arms. "That's so great."

"I take it that he told you." Jeff said from behind me. I turned around and hugged him.

"Yes he did. Looks like we are going to be working together."

"Oh god, everyday with my sister." Jeff said and looked at me. I glared at him. "I wouldn't have it any other way." I smiled and hugged him again. All of our kids came over. I put my arm on Taylor's shoulder. "So kids... Your dad and I are going to coach for the Kings next year. And your mom is going to keep training."

"That's so cool." Taylor commented. I squeezed her shoulder.

"We will make it all work guys." Mike informed them all. He was trying to seem reassuring, since the three of us would be away a lot. I looked at the people around me and smiled.

"Yeah we will." I said, more to myself than anyone else, because at the moment I believed everything truly would work out.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's the end :(

Look for something from me very, very soon!

In the mean time here is my Jeff Carter story:

One More Night

Chloe's Outfit