Status: Complete!

We Will Make This Work

Dream

"I really don't want you to go" I whined to Mike. We were sitting on the porch of my cabin. Mike had to leave before Josh got home, but lately I want Mike to stay and Josh to go. So here I was begging him to stay because I loved him.

"Baby, you know I have to go. Josh is going to be home soon." Mike said. I could see that it killed him that I was still with Josh. It was starting to show in our relationship too. We would spend less time together, late night phone calls became less frequent, and he even started looking for a new athletic trainer. The last one hurt the most, I have always been his athletic trainer, always. Now that I was looking for a job with a NHL team he knew I could use numerous hockey players as clients, but still he was looking for someone else.

"Look, I don't want to be with him anymore. I love you and you know that." I said. He was being a baby, acting like I didn't care when really he was the one blowing me off.

"Do you really love me? Because you have a funny way of showing it sometimes. If you really loved me you would leave him." He said, I could sense the anger rising in his voice.

"I am saying that I want to leave him. Damn! You never listen.!" I said, if he was going to give me shit, I was going to give it right back to him.

"I never listen, I always listen. But I am just tired of being second to you." He said standing up to start pacing.

"Look, if you really listened to me, you would have heard that I have an interview with the L.A. Kings for a job, not that you would care.

"Not that I would care! Maybe we just shouldn't be together, you know if i really don't care." He said screaming.

"Mike, shut up! You know you don't want to break up. This could be our chance, I could move in with you far away from Josh." I said.

"What's far away from me?" I heard Josh say from behind me. I whipped my head around. How long has he been there? What did he hear?

"Oh that job I am interviewing for. I was just telling Mike that we should buy a house together if i get it." I said trying to cover up the conversation I was really just having.

"And I was just going to tell her that I would love to buy a house with her. Oh and Chloe that thing we were talking about before, that's over okay?" He said. I felt my heart drop fifty feet into the ground. I didn't want this to be over. I wanted to spend the rest of my days with him. Now I could possibly have to live with him and watch him bring home random sluts every weekend.

"Yeah, okay. Sorry to hear about that." I said as Mike walked off of the porch and to his car.

"Babe, what was he talking about?" Josh asked. He seemed concerned about it. That was most likely because I was in shock of what just happened. My relationship with the man I loved just ended because of some stupid guy that I felt stuck with.

"Oh just some girl he broke up with." I said wandering into the house.

I shot up in bed feeling the cold sweat all over me. I looked to my left to see Mike sleeping contently. I got up and threw on my PINK sweater and UGG boots. I shut the door quietly behind me and crept down the stairs. Once I was out the front door I walked to the beach and sat down, staring at the waves. I couldn't believe I had been so stupid back then. I knew my relationship with Josh was a nightmare, even then. Josh was so in love but I barely felt anything. Once I got my job as athletic trainer for the L.A. Kings, I moved away leaving Josh behind hoping that we would drift apart, but we didn't. I got up and walked into the cold water.

"Hey! What are you doing Chloe?" I heard Mike scream somewhere behind me. I turned around to see him running towards me with a towel. The water was freezing, it was one of those rare cold nights. "Why are you in the ocean at 4 in the morning?" He asked me once he reached me in the water.

"I couldn't sleep. I dreamt about us breaking up." I said. There was no reason to lie to him about it.

"Let's get you out of the water." He said picking me up and walking towards the sand. He sat me down in between his leg and wrapped the towel around me. We both sat there in silence for a while watching the waves.

"I'm sorry you know. I feel so bad about not leaving Josh sooner. I think about it every day." I said breaking the silence. Mike kissed the back of my head and wrapped his arms tighter around my waist.

"You know, I think the time apart made us stronger and it will make us more successful in marriage. Now we know how terrible it is to be away from each and we will do anything to not feel that again." Mike whispered in my ear.

"I'm so glad we got tipsy that one fateful day. I wouldn't have this if it weren't for that wine giving me liquid courage." I said holding up my ring. Mike chuckled in my ear, it sent shivers down my spine.

"I think you would have found your courage one day, the wine just helped you out a bit." He said before standing up. He pulled me up a few moments later. " Let's get you inside to have a nice hot shower." He said taking me hand. We began walking to the house before a thought crossed my mind.

"Are you going to join me in the hot shower? Like old times." I said to him. I could see the smirk forming in his face.

"Why not but don't wake up Jeff. " He said. I laughed, damn Jeff.

"What can I say, you have that affect on me." I said before pulling Mike into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Updates will be slow for a few days for two reasons. 1) I just got back from a vacation and am still unpacking. 2) One of my older brothers is getting married in nine days. I thought this chapter was really cute and it gives you some more background on their relationship! Comment, Subscribe, and Friend!