Status: Complete!

We Will Make This Work

Mood Killer

I woke up to the sun streaming on my face and a heavy arm over my midsection. I turned my head to the left to see Mike awake and staring at me. He had a nice endearing smile on his face. "Morning babe." I said mid-yawn.

"Morning beautiful!" He said pulling me closer to him. He pressed a kiss to my temple and rolled on top of me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed a kiss to his lips. The kiss became heated quickly. I slid my hand up his shirt and pulled it over his head. He started kissing down my neck and playing with the hem of my shirt. He pulled my shirt over my head. Just as he was about to take my bra off, Jeff walked in.

"Hey guys, do you want. Holy shit! Sorry!" He said quickly slamming the door. I sighed and grabbed my shirt again, knowing that I wasn't in the mood anymore. Mike rolled off of me and I got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and got undressed. I hopped in the shower and started washing my hair. All of a sudden I felt two hands on my waist.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed while turning around to see Mike smirking at me. "Wipe that smirk off your face Richards, my brother is a mood killer." I stated while continuing to wash my hair. I finished my shower ten minutes later, due to some delay with Mike trying to make a move. I opened my closet door and pulled out a white bandeau, a coral lace shirt, blue shorts, gold earrings,and some bracelets. I heard the shower shut off and Mike walked out of the bathroom, completely naked. "Got something against towels?" I asked laughing.

"I was hoping you were still naked." He said with disappointment in his eyes. I walked up to him and patted his shoulder.

"Maybe tonight I will be." I whispered in his ear, then walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Jeff!" I said walking into the kitchen. Jeff was standing over the stove making eggs. He looked up from the frying pan and smirked.

"How was your wake up call?" He said with sarcasm lacing his voice. I walked up to him and smacked his head.

"Shut up, ya shit head. You killed the mood." I said as Mike entered the room. I walked over to the fridge and pulled out the bowl of fruit salad. I grabbed two forks from the cabinet and walked over to Mike. "Let's go eat outside, he is a mood killer." I said gesturing to Jeff. Mike chuckled and followed me outside. We sat on the patio chairs and started eating the fruit salad.

"So, what do you say, should we annonce the engagement to the team tonight at the bar?" Mike asked me. I guess now would be a good time, since we haven't entered the stressful time period that is playoffs.

"Yeah, why hide it?" I said. Once we finished our breakfast I set the bowl on the deck and stood up. I pulled Mike up with me. Our fingers entwined as we began walking to the water. Once we reached the water Mike stopped waling. I turned around to see him staring at me and smiling.

"You'll never know how beautiful you are to me." He said before leaning in for a kiss.

"Oh that's so cute Frank!" I heard behind us. I pulled away from Mike to see an elderly couple staring at us. "You two look beautiful together! Young man, don't let this one get away." The woman said. Mike held up my left hand.

"I already have that covered." He said while showing them my ring.

"Well congratulations!" She said before they continued walking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Chloe! Hurry up!" I heard Mike yell from the bottom of the stairs. I zipped up my purple dress and grabbed my black pumps. I sprinted down the stairs and past Mike. We walked out to the cab. Once we arrived at the bar we made our way to the V.I.P area. Mike ordered few bottles of champagne for when we announced our news.

"So guys, we have news!" I yelled to get the whole teams attention.

"We got engaged!" Mike announced,holding up my left hand. The whole team stopped with looks of confusion on their faces.

"Is it just me, or are people confused about this whole thing?" Drew Doughty asked. Jarret Stoll patted him on the back and gave him a reassuring look.

"So, let's explain this guys." Dustin Penner said. We both sat down beside each other and gave each other looks deciding who was going to explain this to the team. After a few seconds of exchanged looks, it was decided that I would be explaining things.

"Okay so Mike and I have known each other for seven years. I moved in with him and Jeff when they started playing in the NHL. A year and a half ago, Mike and I confessed that we liked each other. Then we secretly tried dating, just to keep things private. We broke up and a few days ago Josh came down to visit me, then he proposed. I said no, and Mike and I got to talking. We finally admitted how miserable we were without each other and decided to get married." I said hoping the story wasn't to confusing. There was a chorus on congrats from the team. Mike got a number of high fives rom the guys.

"So when are you guys going to get married?" Jarret asked.

"Not sure man, whenever she wants." Mike answered. As the night went on everyone drank a large amount of alcohol. Eventually Mikes hands wandered down to my hips. "Do you want to get out of here?" He whispered in my ear, his voice was fully of lust.

"Yeah in a little bit." I responded, trying to listen to Drew explain how some girl at the bar asked him if she could have his babies. Dustin Brown looked over at Mike and noticed that his hands were rested on my hips.

"Richards, I hope you are using protection." He said giving Mike a knowing look. Mike got very flustered and removed his hands from my hips.

"Uh yeah, what if we weren't though? Kids are good." He said. I couldn't tell if he was being this open because he was drunk or if he really meant it.

"Dude, kids are great but the labour isn't." Dustin said with a serious expression.

"What do you mean, Browner?" I asked.

"Well I mean they have to put stitches down there, and there is blood and this disgusting slimy stuff." He said with a disgusted expression.

"That's true man. They also squeeze your hand so hard when they are pushing that you see stars." Jonathan Quick added.

"Well that was a mood killer." I said. "Sorry Mike , you aren't getting any tonight." I said looking at Mike.

"Thanks guys." Mike said to Dustin and Jonathan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys are enjoying the story! Comment to let me know what you think. Comment, Subscribe, and Friend!
~Alexa <3