Status: slowly coming together.

Youth Gone Wild.

Dix-Neuf

It’s been a week since the almost fight between Ben and James and I tried to tell James that maybe the whole date thing wasn’t a good idea, that maybe we should just stick to being friends but he said and I quote “Come on, love don’t let that p defer yeh.” It probably doesn’t help that the date is in five days either.

Right now I’m pulling up to the hotel where Ben is staying at cause he wanted to hang out today and I agreed. As I found me a parking space and parked my car and got out and straightened my shirt and locked my car, and headed toward the hotel doors.

I forgot the room number so I shot him up a text to see which room it was again and texted back almost instantly tell me room 648 on the sixth floor. So I rushed in the elevator before the doors closed and pushed the little button that has ‘6’ on it and waited.

When the elevator doors opened on level six I stepped out and went to the left looking for Ben’s room. 632…634…636…640…642..644…ah 648 found it, I knocked on the door and waited for him to answer it and whenever I lifted my arm to knock again he answered it.

“’ello love, yeh look smashing today,” He said as he smiled and stepped aside to let me in.

“Why thank ya mate, you’re looking rather well yourself today.” I smiled at him as I followed him into the living area of the room and sat beside him on the couch.

“Did yeh have anyfing in mind that yeh wanted to do today?” He asked as he flipped on the telly and changed it to Adventure Time.

“I love this show!” I said, “and no not really unless you want to take a trip to the Gold Coast or something haha.”

“I wouldn’t mind, do yeh want to?”

“Doesn’t matter to me, but it’s a drive around eleven to twelve hours.” I told him.

“Well that’s fine with me; did yeh want to leave today? It’s still a tad early.” He asked getting up and picking up all of his things he had laying around and throwing them into bags.

“That’s fine with me, how many days do you want to stay?”

“However long yeh want to stay love,” He told me as he gave me that wonderful smile of his.

“Uhm how about we stay three days and two nights? We could stay all day on the third day and head back that night? If that’s fine with you and whatnot,” I said.

“That’s fine with me love. Let me just get my things together and we could head to yours to get your clothes.”

“Kay haha, so are we taking my car?” I asked.

“If yeh don’t want to we don’t have to we could take mine.”

“Oh no we can take mine,” I smiled, “I traded in my Mazda the other day and got a ’09 Mustang.”

“Oh really now? Yeh didn’t get a girly color did yeh?” He asked as he picked up his bag and walked out the door.

“No, I didn’t its black thank you very much.” I laughed as we stepped into the elevator hitting the ground button.

“Okay good, I didn’t want to be seen in a pink car.”

“Hardy har har, like it would matter anyways, wait are ya gonna tell Danny and them that you’re going with me to the coast?” I asked as we walked out of the elevator and toward the check out desk.

“Yes, could I help you?” A very nicely dressed young lady asked as we approached the desk.

“Yes, I was just wantin’ to check out of me room.” He said pulling out his room card and credit card.

“Oh yes, let me do that for you,” She smiled as she took his room card, “Did you enjoy your stay?”

“Yes, thank yeh for asking.” He said.

“Alrighty, you stayed for six nights so that’ll be $1074.50” She said as he handed over his credit card,

“Now I just need your signature and you’re good to go.” She said as she passed over a one receipt and showed him where to sign before handing him his receipt after he signed it, we walked out to my car and I opened the trunk for him to put his bag in.

“Oh and yeah I’m gonna call them when we get to yours.” He said as he climbed in the passenger side.

“I almost forgot I asked haha.” I said as I started the car and backed out and headed back toward mine.

We talked about small things on the way over and now we’re in my apartment and I’m getting my clothes, bathers, toiletries, and grundies all packed up while Ben’s on the phone with Danny.

“Alright I’m all packed and ready to go!” I said.

“Haha good, thought yeh were gonna take hours,” Ben said, “While yeh were packing though I looked for hotels and found one it’s Peppers Broadbeach and for two nights its $672.64.”

“Okay then book it, haha,” I said, “Oh, and I’m paying since you forked over a thousand dollars for the place you were staying.”

“I am not letting yeh pay almost seven hundred dollars for the room.” He stated like it was the most obvious thing.

“Well what if we split it 50/50? I’d pay three-forty and you pay three-forty.”

“I don’t mind paying for the room Saylor.”

“I know, but I don’t want ya to pay all of that when we’re friends, it wouldn’t be right. Let’s just split
it, okay I’m not taking no for an answer.”

“Well, yeh going to have to take no because I am not lettin’ yeh pay,” he stated basically ending the conversation.

“Ugh whatever, put that is totally not cool!” I said grabbing my bags and walking outside to pack the car.

Now, let’s see I have sunscreen, tanning lotion, towels, bathers, toiletries, snacks for the road, extra money, clothes, sunglasses, hair ties, yep I think I have everything.

“You have everything you need?” I asked Ben while getting into the driver’s side.

“Yeah, I already made sure.” He smiled.

“Haha, don’t for-” I was cut off my Ben’s phone ringing.

“Sorry love, one minute.” He said clicked the green “answer” button.

While he was on the phone I decided to go by Macca’s to get us some breakfast. So I headed toward the closest McDonald’s and found a parking spot just as he was hanging up.

“Figured we could get brekky before we left,” I smiled at him.

“Yeah, I was gonna ask yeh, I was startin’ to get hungry.”

“Oh, I was going to tell you don’t forget to call Danny and tell him, haha.”

“Yeah, that was who just called.”

“Haha, well he totally beat you to it,” I laughed “Well what’d he say?” I asked as we got in line to order.

“Hah, nosey much? Nah I’m kidding, but he was wondering where I was ‘cause he went to the hotel and knocked on my door then went to the front desk and the lady told him I checked out, so I told him I was going to the Gold Coast with you.”

“Well if ya wouldn’t have waited so long to call he wouldn’t have to of drove all the way to your hotel only for you not to be there.”

“Well maybe if I wasn’t being distracted I could have called.”

“And how were you being distracted?”

“Well yeh obviously.”

“No, haha.”

“Could I help you?” the McDonald’s lady asked.

“Haha, yeah could I get hotcakes and hash brown with a medium frappe mocha.” I said.

“And could I get a big breakfast with hotcakes with a large coffee.” Ben said.

“Okay, that’ll be $13.54” she said as been handed over fifteen dollars before I could.

“I would have paid.” I said.

“I know and that is not happening.” He laughed.

So as we waited for our food, we found a booth near the window and sat down and I took out my phone to check twitter and realized I had a notification so I clicked to see what it was a it was a tweet so I clicked it and it said “at breakfast with the beautiful @SaylorBerkley bout to head to the fuckin Gold Coast! :p”

“Real nice tweet there Benjamin, I think our food is ready.” I smiled.

So, he got up to get our food right when I received a text.
so you’re going to the Coast with Ben, huh? SCANDALOUS!! Shelby, haha of course it’s be her.

haha yep!! :p for two nights, and it’s not scandalous we’re only going as friends! I sent back, as Ben came back with our food.

“Here yeh go love,” He said as he placed my food and drink down in front of me.

“Oh my, why how nice of you! Thank you so much darling!” I laughed.

“It’s my pleasure!” He smiled.

“Hah, I bet! So, apparently Shelby saw your tweet and texted me and told me it was scandalous of me to being going with you, haha.” I told him as my phone dinged with a text.

“Oh yeah, you’re totally scandalous.” He laughed as I checked my message.

mhm, even though you still have feelings for said friend means nothing at all right? just expect a BIG I told you so when you hook up with him during this trip!(: She texted back.

hah, I’m not going to sleep with him! We are just going as friends, Shelbs!

So after that we stopped texting and we ate our food, to hurry it up to get on the road. Once we finished we threw our trash away and headed back to the car to leave. And after ten minutes of silence Ben spoke up.

“So, has James called yeh?” Ben asked.

“No, haha why would he?” I asked as I pulled onto the expressway south bound.

“Just thought he’d call yeh since yeh two are goin on a date soon and we’re going on a vacation,
haha”

“Oh, well he hasn’t” I asked.

“Not that it’s any of my business, but do you want to go on a date with him?” he asked sounding nervous or something.

“Hm, I don’t know, like he’s really nice and all but nevermind haha.” I said turning on the radio to play BMTH’s Sempiternal album.

----


After five hours of me driving, pulled over to a little truck stop to stretch my legs.

“Gosh, what time is it?” I asked.

“Well it was around ten twenty when we left so it’s about three thirty,” he said, “Are you tired? Cause
if yeh are I’ll drive I don’t mind.”

“Haha, okay I don’t mind at all! I’m so tired.” I said as we got back into the car, “Oh, uhm let me set up the GPS so you can know where you’re going, haha.” I laughed as I punched in the address to the hotel and put the GPS back on its stand on the dash.

“Thanks wouldn’t want to get lost.” He laughed.

“Nope, haha that wouldn’t be good at all,” I said, “Oh, are we good on gas?” I asked.

“Hah, it’s a good thing you said something before we headed out,” he said while pulling off into a gas station and filling the car up and heading back out.

I fiddled with the radio for a bit finally deciding to just plug my phone up and hit shuffle for The Smith’s song Asleep to come on. After about two or three songs I grabbed a blanket from the backseat and covered up and dozed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
There it is! Sorry it took so long to get out i thought I had already finished this one and posted it :x

Thanks to these guys:
SynysterxSavannah
Sight-of-Saturn
thesungoesdown

I hope you guys like this chapter! hah what do you guys think will happen on their little trip??

Oh on a side note I went to the Street Youth Rising Tour whenever they came down to Jax and every band was amazing! Set It Off made an appearance to although i don't really listen to them they were amazing! I'm just now starting to get into Issues and Letlive and they were awesome! MMF did soo great, i can't wait to see them again!:D and PTV killed it! you could tell the were feeding off the crowd! i can't wait to see them again!