Status: Coming Soon!

What You Don't Know, Can't Hurt You

Chapter 8: Part 1

Before I knew it I was back in Philadelphia packing up all our belongings. We both really wanted a fresh start and to get out of that city. James was off doing business with the team so I was left home alone to pack. I didn’t pack in any specific order; whatever was close went in the same box. Within a week the boxes were piled all over the house and all that was left unpacked was a suitcase for both of us.

The movers came and put all our belongings into the tractor-trailer. We realized it would take them a few days to reach our new place in Toronto so we took the opportunity to visit James’ family. Trevor, his brother, was really excited to be going to Flyers camp; I could tell it was extremely hard for James, knowing that his brother could possibly be playing on his ex team. It didn’t take his family very long to catch on that we were now an item and they were beyond thrilled, stating that it was long overdue.

Our stay didn’t last very long and soon enough we were on a plane to Toronto to our new home.

“I’m so fucking excited” James said as our plane was touching down, he seemed like a kid on Christmas.

“I’m so nervous. New city, new life, you know?” I said, finally admitting that I was scared.

“It’s alright sweetie. You have me and that’s all that matters! We will figure this place out together.”

We got off the plane and grabbed our bags. We hopped in a cab and headed to our new home. When we got there all our belongings were placed strategically throughout the house.

It didn’t take us long to unpack and the next month flew by. We were often hanging out with James’ new teammates and their wives and girlfriends, getting comfortable with them and making friends with whomever we could.

It seemed like every Saturday night we went out and this week was no different. We started to get ready and the second I stripped out of my sweats and headed towards the closet I could see James eyeing me. He quickly pounced and pushed me lightly on to the bed. We were making out and things were getting heated fast but then my phone rang. I reached over to the bed side table and found it, I quickly glanced at the id.

“It’s Maddy,” I said as I was pushing James off the top of me.

“As in Schenner’s sister?” he asked as I said “Hello,” into the phone.

“I hate her. I want you to be with Brayden! She is such a bitch!” Maddy was crying into the phone.

“Whoa, what’s going on Maddy?” I asked because I was clearly very confused.

“Brayden brought whorey Jory over for supper and she’s a bitch. I’m so mad he let you go. WE were supposed to be sisters!”

What she was saying brought tears to my eyes but I managed to say, “Listen honey – your brother and I had a lot of issues that I can’t go into detail with you because they are quite personal. But, I’ve met Jory. She’s a really nice girl, Maddy. Give her a chance. I don’t know how Brayden ever got her or how he even got me for that matter.”

By this time Maddy was laughing because she knew it was true. “I just miss seeing you Zoe.”

“I know sweetie, but Bray and Luke will be playing in Toronto and you will be able to see me then.”

“Okay! That sounds perfect!” Maddy said, sounding back to her normal self.

“I’ve got to go, but I’m here if you ever need me. And Mads? Promise me something – get to know her, she is actually really nice.”

“Fine. I’ll try. Bye.”

We hung up the phone and James assumed we were going to pick up where we left off.

“Just give me a second,” I said way bitchier than it was meant to be.

I went into my address book and looked up Jory’s number.

“What the fuck is going on? Maddy just called me bawling.”

I quickly sent the text and threw my phone back on the table. I returned to James and we had a quick sex session before getting completely ready and heading to the club.

Eventually, Jory texted back saying that everything was fine and that we should Skype sometime soon.

We danced the night away with people who were starting to become our really good friends, forgetting everything we left behind in Philly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only one part (Jory's) left! :)