Status: Coming Soon!

What You Don't Know, Can't Hurt You

Chapter 2: Part 1

The second night of my birthday weekend was a lot more fun. I knew everybody by now so I was more comfortable around them. We pretty much did the same thing, drinks at Claude’s and Brayden’s and headed out to a club. By this time everybody knew that Brayden and I hooked up the night before – a hockey team was apparently worse than a bunch of teenage girls – so nobody really made a big deal when we snuck up stairs for a while before heading out.

We just finished I was slipping back into my dress and he was buttoning up his shirt when somebody knocked at the door. “Wrap it up kids! We are leaving in 5.” I instantly recognized the voice and opened the door.

“Zip me up, James,” I said turning around. He knew exactly what to do – being my friend for this long I had him trained pretty good.

“Whoa, I have no pants on over here!” Brayden had seemed shocked when I had opened the door.

“For Christ sake, Brayden. You guys shower together on a daily basis.”

Both boys laughed, we all headed down stairs and the cabs were outside waiting for us.

We went to a different bar because we heard that the one we went to last night was swarming with fan girls who had heard we had been there the previous night. This club wasn’t as big but it was playing great music and had a huge dance floor. I wasn’t overly drunk so the first thing we did was head to the bar. The boys were making fun of me for being a lightweight so I decided to prove them wrong by taking three shots back to back.

“Slow down Zoe. I’m not holding your hair tonight,” James joked.

“Yeah, me either,” Brayden said in his stupid accent.

Those shots hit me pretty quick, and soon I was feeling amazing. I ordered a Pornstar, grabbed Brayden’s hand and headed towards the dance floor.

“I guess we’re going to dance? We’ll catch up with you later!” Brayden yelled back at James.

Before I knew it we were dancing just as naughty as the previous night. At the rate things were going we would end up in bed together again at the end of tonight.
A few girls that were dancing around us recognized Brayden and began to take his picture. I didn’t really care because I was used to it – any day James and I went out somewhere people swarmed us. Brayden grabbed my hand and pulled me to another part of the dance floor. We picked up right where we left off; he began to kiss my neck making his way up to my ear. He whispered, “Come on, beautiful. Let’s get out of here.”

That was all it took and before I knew it we were back at my place, having amazing sex all night long.
That all took place a bit over a year ago. Brayden and I messed around for a month before we made it official but we’ve been together ever since. It was kind of weird for James to see me with another one of his best friends but he eventually got over it when he met a girl named Mona. The four of us did everything together. Even when the boys were on road trips Mona would be over at our house every night hanging out with me. She was my first close friend that was a girl.

One night a few months ago, we were getting ready to go to a game. I had on my van Riemsdyk jersey and Brayden looked at me in a funny way.

“Why aren’t you wearing mine?”

“Bray, I wore yours last time. I alternate because I love you both.”

“That’s the fucking problem! You love him more than you love me and I’m always going to be second to him.”

“What the fuck Brayden?!” was all I managed to say, I was livid. I loved them both but I was in love with Brayden and only loved James as a brother. I didn’t understand where it was coming from because Brayden had never acted like that before.

Brayden stormed out and headed towards the rink. I didn’t bother to go see him once I got there; normally I went down and gave him anything from a quick peck on the cheek to a pre game workout. Not tonight – I was too upset with him. Mona and I always went to the games together. She asked me if I was coming down stairs and I told her I needed to go see someone so I would just meet her in the family box.

I felt bad for lying but I headed straight to the family box, sat down and pulled out my cell phone to see if Brayden had texted me. There was nothing so I just went on Facebook and waited for Mona to get back. When she did she seemed a little shaken up.

“Zoe, Brayden seemed pretty mad that you didn’t come down to see him. Like, when I say pretty mad I mean he is furious.”

“He gets upset over the stupidest things. He’ll deal with it.”

The game began and for the first two periods Brayden played like shit. Honestly, I could have played better. Even though the game was still scoreless by the time the second period was over I decided I had to head down to the dressing room, which I had never done.

I knocked on the door and Lavy (who was not impressed) answered it. “This better be fucking good kid,” he practically yelled at me.

“Let me talk to him for two minutes. I know he’ll play better once I talk to him.”

“He fucking better or he’s going to get what is coming to him… SCHENN! Get your god damn ass out here.” He was completely screaming at this point.

Bray walked out dressed in only half his hockey gear; he looked so cute that even the scowl on his face was adorable. Before he could say a word I kissed him and said, “I’m sorry Bray., I love you, I really do, but you need to stop thinking about me and get your head in the game. You’re playing like fucking shit! You turn this game around and we will have the hottest sex you can imagine,” I said while winking at him.

He leaned in and kissed me. “I love you too.”

“Now get back in there before Lavy kicks both of our asses.”

He turned and walked back into the dressing room and I headed back up to the family box. The third period started and I could tell Brayden was out of his pissed off mood and into the game. With only 3 minutes left and the game still scoreless, Brayden passed the puck to Briere who finally scored a goal.

We went crazy. Mona looked at me and said, “Jeeze! What did you do, go down there and suck him off in between periods?”

“Shut up Mona!” I said while pushing her. “And no, I bribed him with sex later.”

We both laughed. The game was now over; we hoped in my car and drove back to my place. We both went in our rooms – I went in mine and she went into James’.

Both the boys came home at the same time. Brayden came into my room and, as promised, got a little present. Once we were done he got up and got dressed.

“Where are you going?” I asked. He never left after sex.

“Umm, I need to go over to my place and grab some stuff. I’ll be back in a bit,” he kissed my forehead and left.

I instantly fell asleep. I expected to wake up the next morning to find Brayden lying next to me cuddling, but he was nowhere to be found. I walked out into the kitchen and living room, still no Brayden. I went in my room and picked up my phone and dialed his number. After a million rings, he finally answered.

“Hi,” was all he said.

“Oh, hi. I just wanted to make sure you were alive and everything.”

“I’m fine.”

“What’s wrong with you? Are you coming over.”

“Nothing, you just woke me up. Yeah I’m coming now.”

“Alright. Bye. Love you!”

“Bye.”

I didn’t know what was wrong with him. After sex, he always slept at my place. He usually woke up quickly when his phone was ringing – he slept with it right next to the bed. He was acting beyond weird. I couldn’t imagine him still being mad at our fight the night before because we had clearly made up. I was already figuring out what questions I was going to ask him whenever he actually showed up at my house.