Status: Shared Story! .. Layout isnt working for me, I give up! Sorry it's ugly!

Slipping Through My Finger Tips

Story Of My Life

Thinking back on all that's happened this year, I'm lucky to still be sane. I've managed to make it through another 365 days of this tortuous existence. Actually, to be honest, it hasn't been all that bad lately. But then again, I am getting ahead of myself.

First day of school I'm late. Very late. I hustle in to the middle of 3rd period, only to be greeted with "Glad you could join us Ms. Collins.", and a cold stare from the teacher. After a quick glance at the board I discover her name is Mrs. Dunlap. I look around the room and head for the first desk I see. I am remarkably shy, so I wanted all eyes off of me immediately. Mrs. Dunlap goes back to droning on about first day rules and procedures and I get settled in to my desk. I have no friends in this class, only people I don't know, so I'm forced to listen to her speech. Twenty minutes later the bell rings and everyone rushes out in to the halls. I gather my books and bag and begin my search to find my best friend. I find her near the library flirting with twins, both of whom are intently listening to what she has to say. She turns around and sees me, gives me the 'one second' look, turns back around, says something to the boys and comes over to me.

"Hey Sofia!" she says cheerily, way too cheerily for me.

"Hi Cherri." I say back, obviously not in the best mood.

"Not even lunch time and your already Ms. Grumpy Gills?" She continues, "This day is gonna be interesting."

"Yea, yea, just show me your schedule."She hands me a piece of paper she has scribbled her classes on. I suspect she's lost the schedule the school gave her within the first five minutes of having it. That's my best friend for you. Not to my surprise, we don"t have any classes together before lunch, which is in 5th period.

"We've got 6th and 7th together, but that's it." I mutter. I'm kind of sad about this unfortunate situation. I've got the awful feeling this year is going to be absolutely horrible. Much to my surprise, I'm dead wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter of my first story! Im new at this so it's gonna take some getting used to. Thankfully, an amazing friend of mine is co-writing this story with me so hopefully it'll turn out pretty good. Wish us luck :)