Sequel: Thinking of Winter

Crowded Room

Chapter Fourteen-Liam

When I got home,I showered and just fell onto my bed.

Thinking hard on what the barkeep had told me about Jace,I started wondering if there was anything I could do to help ease some of that pain. I know what it's like to have lost a loved one.

As the day's past,I tried learning as much about Jace as people were allowing me to know,which sadly wasn't much. "Son,what's been going on?" My father asked when I entered his office.

I sighed and sat down,staring up at the ceiling before I pulled myself up and stared at him "Just thinking dad,that's all" I said calmly before smiling 'How are you holding up?" I asked,gazing at him worriedly.

He waved his hand 'Just fine,been filling paperwork and paying bills" He chuckled before looking at him 'You've been asking alot about Jace" he said,giving me that knowning look.

I simply stood up "I'm just trying to figure him out dad...something about him just..calls to me.." I whispered "I'm confused.." I sighed before heading out back into the club.

Time Elaspe

I sat at the bar,watching everyone pile out and head home. Tonight was a good night,maybe a fight or two and nothing really serious at that. I chatted with a regular for a bit before she headed home with her own girlfriend.

I turned and watched Jace pack up and start heading towards the door. I bit my lip for a second before jumping up and walking over "Hey jace" I said,causing him to turn and look at me.

"Yea?" He asked,setting his bags down, I picked it up and smiled.

"Mind if I walked with you?" I asked,causing him to stare at me before he smiled as well.

"Sure" he said and followed me out the door. I walked beside him,standing close but not to close to him,I didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable 'So why did you want to walk with me?" He asked,looking at me

"I figured you could use some company" I said,looking at him "Plus I want to get to know you more" I added truthfully.