Status: hiatus

Soul Searching

Go Away

“What do you want?” The words pour from Anastacia’s lips like venom as she walks into the kitchen.

Hayden doesn’t move from her position leaning forward onto the island counter. “I just wanna hang out. I’m bored.”

“And I’m not here to entertain you,” Anastacia retorts, closing the refrigerator door. “Shocking, right?”

Hayden pouts, “you don’t have to be so—“

“I’m not being anything, Hayden,” Anastacia snaps. “You’re like… everywhere. In my house. Why? I’m obviously not comfortable with it. Don’t you have things to do? Like a job? A house to take care of? A family?”

Hayden stands up straight, her eyes widening. “Listen here, you little bitch!”

Anastacia raises her eyebrows, narrowing her eyes.

“I had all of those things before I came here. My life was on track to be perfect. Then, I got fucked over. But you don’t know what that’s like. Because you’re young and sweet and innocent.”

The younger woman shakes her head, “bitch, you don’t know me.”

“Don’t call me a bitch,” Hayden snarls, “bitch.”

Anastacia rolls her eyes.

“I know a lot more about you than you think I do.”

Her eyes narrow as Hayden begins talking again.

“You’re not gonna be as sweet and innocent when Tate gets done with you. You’re gonna be just like Violet – dead on the inside and all alone.”

Anastacia takes a step toward the island counter, “Violet has nothing to do with this!”

“She has everything to do with this!” Hayden screams.

“She’s right.”

Anastacia jumps, as Hayden turns to look at the source of the voice.

“About time you showed your face,” Hayden says. “It sounds like you’ve made a friend here, in Miss I-Know-Everything.”

Violet rolls her eyes, “Hayden, you really need to calm down.”

“I do not need to calm down!” Hayden erupts. “She needs to open her damn eyes before she gets hurt, or worse!”

“Stop.” Violet says quietly, glaring at Hayden.

Turning to Anastacia, Hayden shakes her head. “He’s gonna kill you. He’s dangerous, okay? You don’t understand!”

Anastacia scoffs, shaking her head. “What in the hell are you talking about?”

“I think you need to leave,” Tate growls, after slamming the kitchen door open. “Now, Hayden.”

Violet glares at the tall, lean boy with shaggy blonde hair.

He doesn’t even acknowledge her. “Tell Hayden to leave, Stacie.”

“Don’t!” Hayden puts her hands up. “Please.”

Anastacia’s lips tremble gently as her gaze darts between Hayden and Tate.

“He’s gonna hurt you, just like he hurt Violet and you’re gonna be stuck here forever with the rest of us.” The words blurt from Hayden’s lips.

Anastacia has a similar reaction, “I… I think you should leave, Hayden.”

“I’m serious, Anastacia. This is about your—“

“Go away!” Anastacia screams. Leaving her eyes closed for a second, she slowly opens them.

Moira is standing on the other side of the island counter, close to the spot where Hayden had been just a mere heartbeat ago. “You look flushed, Stacie.”

“Yeah,” the young blonde looks around the nearly empty kitchen, only to see Moira and herself. “I am.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments and recommendations are amazing and I appreciate them. Any kind of feedback to tell me what I'm doing right, and wrong, is good.

xoxo