Status: hiatus

Soul Searching

Danger

Marcia smacks her manicured hands on the empty lunch table, leaning down to meet Anastacia’s sitting eyelevel. “You’re really gonna show your face here again?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll give you credit, that takes a lot of guts. Or stupidity. In your case, I’m leaning toward the latter, though.”

Biting the inside of her cheek, Anastacia glares up at the Varsity cheerleading captain. “Why did you come over here? Just to tell me how stupid I am?”

“No, you know that already. I came to examine my handy work up close and personal. Nice job covering it with makeup, by the way.”

Anastacia stares blankly at her attacker. “Go away, Marcia.”

“This is my school, Anastacia Wilks. You don’t tell me where to go.”

“Go to Hell, then.”

Sucking in air through her teeth, Marcia glares at her exiled follower. “You’re such a waste of space, Anastacia. These past few days, you’ve been at home, icing that ugly face of yours… those have been the best days here at this school since you started here. We’re all better off without you. So why don’t you go home, and stay there?”

Anastacia’s gaze drops to the table before Marcia is finished talking.

“Maybe all of your little imaginary friends will want you to keep them company?”

Anastacia doesn’t look up when Marcia stalks away from the table. She doesn’t even lift her arms to wipe the tears that trickle down her face.

Image


“Your daughter is in danger,” Vivien says.

Danielle Wilks freezes in place, a hand braced on the open, heavy front door. “Excuse me?”

“Anastacia is in danger, Dr. Wilks.”

The doctor blocks the door off as Vivien steps toward her. ”Who are you and how do you know my daughter?”

“My name is Vivien,” the redhead says, slowly putting her frail hands up. “My daughter Violet is friends with Anastacia.”

Danielle shifts from foot to foot, “what kind of trouble is my daughter in?”

“If you let me come inside, I can tell you everything that I know,” Vivien says quietly.

Reluctantly, Danielle steps to the side and pulls the door open, letting Vivien step into the foyer of the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but it's something.

Feedback, please?

xoxo