I Think I Need A Devil To Help Me Get Things Right

The Meeting

I smiled as I opened my eyes to be met with green ones. I yawned and closed my eyes again still feeling tired.

“Morning,” I mumbled rolling over to my other side.

“No come here,” Zacky whined. He grabbed my waist and pulled me over into his arms, a place I loved to be.

I slowly opened my eyes again smiling at him.

“What are we going to do today?” I asked tiredly.

“Anything, everything, we can spend the whole day together,” he said. I smiled at the thought until I realized my meeting with Adam was today.

My eyes widened and I shot up, so I was sitting.

“What’s wrong?” Zacky asked rubbing my shoulders.

I looked at him sadly preparing for another lie.

“Nothing I’m just really excited.”

I had a plan, the only possible thing I could think of to get away from Zacky. Get him drunk. I didn’t think it would be to hard and I had 3 hours to do so.

We walked through the pier. I smiled as Zacky grabbed my hand. There was a giant mirror and I looked at us as we walked by. We looked like a real couple.

I laughed. I had never had that before. I watched as all the little kids went running to the huge two story marry-go-round. I smiled and tilted my head towards them.

“Do you want kids?” Zacky asked me.

“Yeah,” I responded not even needing to think about it. “Someday, I want a little boy.”

“Yeah so did my parents, until they had me, then they regretted it.” he mumbled I laughed.

“I don’t want to know what your son would be like,” I muttered shaking my head.

“Well,” Zacky murmured. “Someday you might have to.”
I gave him a questioning look, and was about to ask what the hell he was talking about when I noticed the seals. I let go of Zacky’s hand and ran over to the edge of the pier.

At the end of the pier they had a group of blocks and a bunch of seals would come and lay on them. Every time I saw them I always thought they were so cute.

Zacky ran up behind me.

“You left me for seals?” he asked in disbelief.

“They are cuter than you,” I mumbled. He grunted. He put his hand around my waist. We looked out at these two seals laying next to each other.

“Aw I bet they are in love,” this little brown haired girl said looking at Zacky and me. Zacky smiled at me.

“Zack she’s talking about the seals,” I said pointing to the two seals laying next to each other.

“Sure, whatever you say,” Zacky mumbled sarcastically. I sighed looking at onto the seals.

“I bet it’s great to be a seal,” I mumbled.

“Why?” Zacky asked laughing.

“Because they don’t have murder, or war,” I said. Or horrible people like Big Jon.

“Yeah but I bet the sex isn’t as good,” Zacky mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

“Is that all you care about?” I asked. He shook his head. I sighed turning my eyes away from him.

“At least they have the most important thing in the world,” he said. I looked at him weird.

“What?” I asked. He came up behind me putting his hands on the pier rail trapping me in his arms.

“Love,” he whispered in my ear. I turned around in his arms kissing him lightly on the lips.

“Do you really think the seals are cuter than me?” he asked. I shook my head.

“Nothing is cuter than you.”

We sat in a sports bar, which was my suggestion, but he didn’t object. I watched as he drank more beer. I ordered, but every time he wasn’t looking I would poor it on the floor.

I couldn’t get drunk right before an interview with my boss. We laughed and joked with the bar tender. Zacky told me stories about how Jimmy wanted to be a bar tender.

I smiled as I watched him order another drink.

“Zacky do you like me?” I asked out of the blue. He opened his mouth to answer when all of a sudden a tall blonde girl walked up to him.

“Oh my god your Zacky V.” She said in a high pitched fake voice. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah,” he answered smiling at her, looking her up and down.

“I love you can me and my friends have your autograph?” she asked pointing to a group of the prettiest girls I had ever seen.

“Guess not,” I whispered.

“Are you kidding of course,” Zacky said hoping up to follow her.

“I’ll be back,” he called over his shoulder not even bothering to look back at me. I sighed looking at him as jealousy spun through my body.

I hoped off the bar stool realizing now would be the perfect time to leave, and I didn’t really want to stay and watch him flirt with a group of girls anyway.

I felt like every time we took a step forward we would end up falling back.

“I’m not good enough for him anyway,” I whispered as I hoped into the cab.

“3322 Monty street,” I told the driver. He nodded.

It was obvious to me now that Zacky could have any girl he wanted, why would he want me?

“Good work,” Adam said after I described what I had done while on tour with the band, purposely leaving out anything that was remotely related to Zacky.

“Really?” I asked surprised. I expected him to yell at me.

“Yeah your going back tomorrow right?” he asked. I nodded. “Good.”

I sat in the chair facing his office. I looked around still loving it. He smiled looking at me.

“The reason I called you here, is because I have a photo I wanted you to see, and it was too dangerous to send it to you.” he said.

“Oh ok what is it of?” I asked.

“Someone sent it to him when he was inside prison, but it got intercepted and he never got it,” Adam explained. I nodded.

He handed me the picture. It was a girl. A really pretty girl.

“Do you recognize her?” he asked. I starred at the picture.

“I’ve seen her before, but I cant remember where, I’m sorry,” I answered still starring at the picture. She looked so familiar.

“Well now you know to look out for her,” he said. I nodded handing him back the picture feeling defeated. I know I’ve seen her before. I just cant remember.

“Well thank you, I promise I will do my best to find her,” I said standing up extending my hand to shake his. He shook it, but the look on his face told me he wasn’t done.

“Are you here in San Francisco with someone?” he asked. My whole body stiffened. He couldn’t know about Zacky or I would get fired for getting a personal relationship with someone involved in the case.

“Uh no why?” I asked nervously.

“Because I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go out tonight?” he asked. I widened my eyes.

“Yeah I uh think I’m going out with some old friends sorry,” I said standing up and walking towards the door.

“Good luck on the case,” he called awkwardly. I turned back to him nodding quickly, before turning and running out of his office. I sighed once the cold air hit my face.

I started walking to get a cab.

Did I just get asked out be my boss.

I finally tracked down a cab and hopped inside. I knew I should go back to the bar to see if Zacky was still there, but after today I just wanted to go home. I gave the cab driver my address.
He pulled up to my house and I paid him, opening the door and see Zacky sitting on my front step. I walked up to him.

“Zacky what are you doing?” I asked walking past him to open the door.

“Waiting for you, you just left the bar,” he said stepping into my house.

“Oh yeah sorry about I…….”

“I know why you left,” he said cutting my off.

I doubt that.

“I’m sorry,” he said looking down.

“It’s ok,” I said sitting on the couch. “It’s not like were dating so you didn’t do anything wrong,” I pointed out.

“Yeah but,” he mumbled.

“But what?” I asked turning to look at him.

“It’s our last night in San Francisco,” he mumbled. I looked at him weird.

“Way to change the subject,” I muttered looking back to the TV that I had just turned on.

“So I want to take you out tonight,” he said.

“Like what?” I asked. I didn’t make too much sense, but he answered the question I had been wondering.

“Like a date.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING

COMMENT if you do :)